John Carter 3D

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

John Carter 3D

Post by iondrive »

in short, thumbs up. Will probably get this on bluray-3d for my home collection.

I've read that this was converted but decided to go see it anyway and I'm glad I did. I was very happy with both the action/story as well as the 3d. Every movie needs some forgiveness and some of the close-ups look a little flat but overall, the conversion was still pretty darn good. 3D version was worth it for me over 2D. I sat close enough so the screen filled my view so maybe that helped. Anyway, some story elements also need forgiving/overlooking so it's good to remember that this was written long ago by Edgar Rice Burroughs, the inventor of Tarzan and this has a little Tarzan flavor to it.

Will you like it?
I don't know, I seem to like everything but "Howard the Duck". I liked all six of the Star Wars movies so if you're as easily pleased as me, you should like this too, not that this is like Star Wars, but it's grand / expansive / fantastic in many scenes and I'm a sucker for arena combat with monsters. Beyond that, there's some nice interpersonal relationship scenes going on here too. I think this is one of those movies that you can judge beforehand if you will like it. Basically if it looks like the kind of movie you would like, then you will probably like it.

The books:
This was based on "Princess of Mars" and you can get a free text version copy from the Gutenberg Project: www.gutenberg.org
If you search for "of Mars" and "Rice" then you'll find four more stories by ERB: "Gods of Mars", "Warlord of Mars", "Chessmen of Mars", and "Thuvia, Maid of Mars".

Enjoy them if you can,

--- iondrive ---
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Re: John Carter 3D

Post by Freke1 »

I enjoyed it too in 3D. Amazed they can convert so good.
I does seem though like movies have lost any foundation in reallity. I mean how far can a man jump?
Maybe it started with the Matrix guy dodging the bullets, or the chinese dragon woman running on the walls. Once the do that anything is possible. And I kinda loose interest. Despite that great movie, thumbs up.
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: John Carter 3D

Post by WiredEarp »

I mean how far can a man jump?
On Mars, probably 2 to 3X further than on Earth?

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”