Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

NEW 1.07.0034 iZ3D Beta Driver on MTBS!

Post by Neil »

Hello Everyone!

You can download the latest iZ3D 1.07.0034 Beta Drivers here:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/dloads/index.php?act=view&id=34

New features including 1.07.0032 and 1.07.0034 versions:

1. Better DirectX 8 compatibility and stability.

2. The auto-convergence algorithm is much better. There are also special parameters to adjust search area and the auto-convergence speed via the config profile:

SearchFrameSizeY is the vertical size of the search area (this makes the auto-convergence more stable, but progressivly slower).
m_ShiftSpeed is the speed of auto-convergence.

3. OpenGL Quad Buffered Emulation Mode now lets you run quad buffered applications on traditional NVIDIA and AMD GPUs. Set EmulateQB to 1 in the config file and use the regular Dual View mode in your display drivers.

4. GRID Race run well on both ATI and NVIDIA GPU solutions.

5. Unreal Tournament 2004 map loading bug was corrected.

6. OpenGL bugs fixed.

7.Quake 3 Playable in Windowed Mode

8. Protection mechanism corrected that was falsely preventing use of the driver.

See what you think and post all issues here.

Regards,
Neil
Last edited by Neil on Tue May 27, 2008 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Wasn't there just a release like yesterday? These iz3D guys are incredible. I don't even own the monitor, but thats some support right there.
maart
One Eyed Hopeful

still locked

Post by maart »

the application still seems locked
MrHugoHugo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MrHugoHugo »

Hi,

for me the application lock is gone for now :) everything is working again.

Just one thing: I can not get the witcher to run.
My problem is that the witcher just doesnt start up with dual output mode. It is running only on one screen (it does shift on enabling s3d it though). Its like as if your haven't set your screen to dual view mode but for example horizantal stretch even though it is set to dual view and all other games are working fine

Please help :)

Thanks Antony
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

How do i set side by side mode???? i see only dual output which of course with one monitor doesn't work
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

i tried again with unreal tournament 3 : (anaglyph mode)
the good :
-game launches much faster, couldn't make the difference between with stereo off/on
-auto convergence works ingame, it automatically changed the separation when approaching the camera to a wall, and went back when cleared of the wall.

the bad : (bugs)
-can't make screenshots, the print screen key isn't bound in the default config, can you tell me the exact line i should add to restore the screenshot function ?
-application override, i couldn't get fraps to work, i used the same typo as other apps in the list but it doesn't seem to work. so i have absolutely no way to make screenshots at the moment.
-auto convergence uses a lot of ressources : divides framerate by 2, i didn't tweak the auto-conv parameters i just used the default ones.
-when switch back to main menu (with auto-conv on) the auto convergence went crazy and set a convergence of -100000000. When back in game, the auto conv wasn't able to reset the convergence i had to do it manually. using hotkeys was way too long, had to reset it in the userprofile.xml file.

the ugly :
-settings spread across multiple application data folders (all users & current user). These folders are hidden and should only be used for stuff we never need to change manually. As long as the UI doesn't allow us to change all parameters, please keep everything in the installation directory instead (just like driver 1.07), or if it's for vista compliance -> copy everything into my documents.

i've also got a bug report (1.07 and 1.08 betas) on an artifact appearing on one eye when playing a specific map (user made). but i can't make any screenshot.
this map : http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=4152
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

BlackShark wrote: -can't make screenshots, the print screen key isn't bound in the default config, can you tell me the exact line i should add to restore the screenshot function ?
Print screen key always bound, see screenshots in My Pictures\iZ3D Driver Screenshots
BlackShark wrote: -application override, i couldn't get fraps to work, i used the same typo as other apps in the list but it doesn't seem to work. so i have absolutely no way to make screenshots at the moment.
Fraps not always work with us because they too hook D3D
BlackShark wrote: the ugly :
-settings spread across multiple application data folders (all users & current user). These folders are hidden and should only be used for stuff we never need to change manually. As long as the UI doesn't allow us to change all parameters, please keep everything in the installation directory instead (just like driver 1.07), or if it's for vista compliance -> copy everything into my documents.
This setting only for advanced users. Which parameters you want modify in UI?
Stereoscopic Steam Group: Join now
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

winch8 wrote:How do i set side by side mode???? i see only dual output which of course with one monitor doesn't work
Side by side not supported now. What for you necessary side by side?
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

Provides much better colors than anaglyph....
By the way i am playing stereo 3d with my old pentium 4 and radeon 9600pro 128mb but it still works fine, apart a problem in far cry
in which the gun in the hand of the character is way too separated and it can't be seen in 3d but only a double image....the rest is seen correctly
in s3d.
Plus i have some crashes here and there but with theese latest drivers the problem seems gone or much less present.
Neil

Post by Neil »

I haven't tried it yet, but to get FRAPS to work in anaglyph mode, you need to create an exception in the CONFIG. file.

There is a section of programs known to interfere with the drivers. Just add FRAPS to this list following the same text structure of the other programs.

Regards,
Neil
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

What are fraps?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

winch8 wrote:What are fraps?
Fraps is just a program that lets you record videos from 3d games (also has other cool functions like FPS benchmarking).

Google is your friend: http://www.fraps.com/
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

I can confirm no crashes anymore on my system, but i also installed the new catalyst 8.5 drivers.
Kinddragon do you think that the issue i have in far cry can be fixed??
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

Problem with gun appear almost with each FPS game. It appear when game developers not correctly place gun in 3D world. We can't easy fix this now, but we try to find solution of this problem.
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

mmmmmmmmm...... aybe it's a problem with my system, there are stereo pics of far cry with iz3d in this website and they display the character's gun correctly
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

plus on fear, half life 2 and dark messiah of m&m the gun/weapon is displayed correctly on my system itself
maart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by maart »

Hi KindDragon,

I'm still having trouble with my application beeing locked, even with the new version.
Am I the only one here? or are more people having the same problem. any tips on how to solve it?
I would love to be able to play some games this weekend. So Any help is welcome i would hate to spend my weekend reinstalling windows to try it out on a fresh install.

thanks in advance

Maart
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

By the way how do i grab a pic of a game while i am playing it??
Neil

Post by Neil »

If you are having lock problems, try uninstalling the driver. Then reboot your computer, and in the Program Files directory, delete the iZ3D driver directory if it is there.

Then try running REGEDIT. Under HKEYLOCALMACHINE, go to Software, and then if it exists, delete the iZ3D key directory.

Reboot again and install the drivers. Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Neil
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

KindDragon wrote:
BlackShark wrote: -can't make screenshots, the print screen key isn't bound in the default config, can you tell me the exact line i should add to restore the screenshot function ?
Print screen key always bound, see screenshots in My Pictures\iZ3D Driver Screenshots

Well it doesn't work for me, that's my problem and i don't know why. i 've pressed the print screen key many many times, and searched trough all my drives for .jps files, the shots aren't taken.
BlackShark wrote: -application override, i couldn't get fraps to work, i used the same typo as other apps in the list but it doesn't seem to work. so i have absolutely no way to make screenshots at the moment.
Fraps not always work with us because they too hook D3D

it worked in 1.07 when i added
<!-- Fraps -->
<File Name="fraps.exe" />
in the section called <Profile Name="Disable driver">
i even recorded an UT3 video with it.
but it doesn't work anymore (since previous beta and still this one)
BlackShark wrote: the ugly :
This setting only for advanced users. Which parameters you want modify in UI?
which eye to effset (two eyes mode or just one eye mode : left/right)
driver disable (add fraps or other recording sotware)
reset saved parameters (like when the autoconvergence went crazy and set a value of -10000000)

also the fact that the config in under "all-users" folder, while the user profiles are under "current-user" folder doesn't make sense
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

This is a link to a stereo image of far cry on my system with latest iz3d drivers,
you can see how (too)much separated is the character's gun :

http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/displayim ... ?pos=-1028

P.S. I made it with standard printscreen key in windowed mode, as in full screen mode it doesn't work...
maart
One Eyed Hopeful

registration code

Post by maart »

thanks neil, Ive tried everything you wrote but it didn't help, the application is still locked.

it would be nice if IZ3D would release a registration code that would work during the beta testing phase. that way we could also check if games would work better or worse with different driver versions. at the moment we cannot switch between versions.

Maart
Neil

Post by Neil »

Are you logged in as an administrator on your computer? Try that. Just a guess.

Regards,
Neil
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Winch8,

I don't have Far Cry installed, but if you press shift + the minus key, the guns will join together, while the objects in the distance grow further apart. Then you use the + / - keys to adjust the separation, etc.

Regards,
Neil
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

maart wrote:Hi KindDragon,

I'm still having trouble with my application beeing locked, even with the new version.
Am I the only one here? or are more people having the same problem. any tips on how to solve it?
I would love to be able to play some games this weekend. So Any help is welcome i would hate to spend my weekend reinstalling windows to try it out on a fresh install.

thanks in advance

Maart
Driver work on you computer ever? On you computer correct system time (protection may treat that as hacking)?
maart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by maart »

Yes the driver did work, and it worked great! and since dual-head 3d is supported, it was actualy the first time i could try out the iz3d drivers because i never got my iz3d monitor working poperly. i've had great succes with the 1.07.0027 version until i had the bright idea to try out the next version (1.07.0032) since then i've had the lockout. system time is correct (is it realy that late again) on my pc but a windows system restore was performed a couple days ago maybe it's related. i don't know.
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

Neil i tried your suggestion it seems to fix the problem but the depth percetpion is much less and the 3d expirience is much less evident and enjoyble...I think that kind dragon is right when he says that the character's gun is renderd outside the 3d world, infact also in the other games i noticed that the gun is dispalyed further than the 'virtual' hand like it was on the ground some feet beyond the character. Kinddragon could you add an option with which the gun is fixed, with the very beginning of it displayed on the screeen level without separation and going further it gains a little separation making its end looks slightly inside the screen? Changing the general separation and convergence would'nt affect it...can this be done?

Plus i add that if you see my picture of far cry you notice that also the clouds are not displayed correctly, they seem to have an inverted convergence that makes them look to be nearer than the mountains! Besides also the reflections on the see have an inverted convergence...
http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/displayim ... ?pos=-1028
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

I think that the sky (skybox or skysphere) could be rendered outside the 3d world too...
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

winch8 wrote:Kinddragon could you add an option with which the gun is fixed, with the very beginning of it displayed on the screeen level without separation and going further it gains a little separation making its end looks slightly inside the screen? Changing the general separation and convergence would'nt affect it...can this be done?
We can not detect where drawing gun or sky, we only have list of triangles...
flexy
Cross Eyed!

Post by flexy »

Hello iz3d people,

i see you even have a media-player.

I am wondering whether your media-player and the drivers will (or already do) support checkerboard output? (Samsung DLPs)

Can your media-player be used to watch movies and DVDs?

I am using "stereoplayer" right now as well as "tridef media player".....wasted money on tridef media player since i cant get any REAL 3d-output with tridef media-player....and "stereoplayer" has many quirks wchich annoy me....eg. all the hotkeys are not working right.

G.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, flexy!

We are trying to finish 1.08 version now and then 1.09 will come - as I mention we did some work for different outputs (including checkerboard) already - we just need to see how to integrate them into our driver better way

For all:

I'm sorry again for activation problem - Monday is holiday in US, but we are going to open activation center very soon.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

flexy wrote:wasted money on tridef media player since i cant get any REAL 3d-output with tridef media-player

G.
What problems are you having with the Tridef player? I have used it a lot without issue.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

Is PLANAR type supported by this driver?. I have read that it support "Dual output" mode (used with head mounted displays, beamers,...), and I asume that two monitor with a mirror is a dual output. IS it true?. If there is no support for Planar, is there any thought to include it in a future version of the driver?.

I have actually shutter glasses with crt, two monitors in a vertical Planar setup with semitransparent mirror, and the Zalman trimon 22" monitor, and I must say that with a big difference the winer in terms of image quality is the Planar setup without doubts (but I have not drivers supporting it with my new Nvidia 8800).
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

Kinddragon i downloaded the new upgrade, and now the screencapture feature works just fine.
But PLEASE, would you add a YELLOW/BLU anaglyph mode??? It provides much better colors than awful red/cyan!!!!!!!
It should be easy once you already have already done standard anaglyph mode, it would need a simple addition...
PLESASE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, guys!

We'd like as many outputs as we can, including planar and yellow/blue anaglyph - only point is we need to finalize 1.08 - coding is kind of industry - we can not be 100% chaotic - may be 50% ;-)
Canilash
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Canilash »

Is Dual Projectors a paid-for feature in this version? Because I tried it with monitors to see if it works and it does, indeed. The thing is, I never paid anything...
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, Canilash!

Yes, it is, but it is one time 49 USD payment only
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Canilash wrote:Is Dual Projectors a paid-for feature in this version? Because I tried it with monitors to see if it works and it does, indeed. The thing is, I never paid anything...
Ditto to what BlackQ said, but also there is a 30 day trial

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”