Trimming Down the Forums & New Gallery Idea

This website is for our members. Do you have some design ideas? Are there features you would like to see? What additions would drive this site forward? POST YOUR IDEAS HERE!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Trimming Down the Forums & New Gallery Idea

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys!

I've been trimming down the forums with more to do. We aren't deleting posts, just cutting down the forums and sub-forums.

A few questions:

I. In the displays section, we have sub-forums for different classes of display. Do you like this, or would you prefer it all be joined together? Once we make a change like this, we can't go back.

II. Is there a model forum that you really like which we could use as a potential template? It might give us some boundaries or size ideas to work with.

III. We have a special gallery service which recently got upgraded. We have the means to make it so each user can have his or her own image gallery. Would this be an attractive feature to have? Would you use it? What if the gallery supported the display of real 3D images?

Regards,
Neil
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Trimming Down the Forums & New Gallery Idea

Post by iondrive »

hi again,

I. I haven't used the displays section much but it looks good to me, combining them would be too much of a mish-mash IMHO. Projectors should definitely have their own forum. It might be good to separate things by the tech involved (like combining DLP PJs and TVs) but that's too confusing for people. Posts about DLP TV problems can just reference applicable DLP projector solution posts if they need to. I might rename "3D Displays" to "3D Displays and glasses". It's tempting to put glasses together with VR-headsets but I wouldn't. Maybe you want to put VR-headsets under the Displays category? Oh maybe not, I see it incorporates other hardware like motion-trackers.

Is there a forum for the 3DS? Does it warrant one? I think it probably does although I don't have one and don't really plan on getting one, I would be interested in any emulators that can show the 3d on a computer. It should happen eventually. I'm sure there are other 3DS issues that people would like to talk about.

III. Yeah, it would be cool to have my own gallery here. I think I would use it off and on but normally I would like my images in the related posts. I guess I would be able to link to the gallery image from the post? or link to the post image from the gallery? Seems like either way should work but the first is probably better for maintenance. Anyway, I kind of favor interlaced images for in-browser 3d but could you point me to a site that has the "real 3D images" that you mentioned or just expand on that?

--- iondrive ---
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

For real 3D images in the browser, check http://www.3dvisionlive.com/ or http://phereo.com/
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Cybereality,

I have something else in mind for the 3D gallery. I don't want something that is limited to 3D Vision or is proprietary.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “MTBS Website Ideas”