What game is best to Demo my new Sony HMZ to the guys?

Discuss stereoscopic 3D games and gaming technologies for console (e.g. XBOX, PS3)
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

What game is best to Demo my new Sony HMZ to the guys?

Post by CyberVillain »

I'll defiantly show them Arma2 due to the cool effect with head tracking, but the 3D in that is crap, lots of artifacts and shadows and foliage that renders wrong...

So whats the ultimate Stereoscopic game for demo purpose?

edit: ops.. This was suppose to end up in the PC gaming section :P
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: What game is best to Demo my new Sony HMZ to the guys?

Post by Likay »

L4D 1&2
All Assassins Creeds.
Tomb Raider Anniversary, Legend & Underworld.
Oldies but real goodies in 3d: Flat out 1 and 2.
"Unknownie": X-blades looks awesome in 3d.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I've been pretty amazed by Battlefield 3 with Nvidia. The implementation is nearly flawless.

@CyberVillain: Was going to move the topic, but I just realized their *isn't* a PC gaming section... hmmm....
FingerFlinger
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by FingerFlinger »

Just ordered my HMZ-T1 yesterday, so I'm interested in this as well!

I have plans to try Dear Esther since, gameplay-wise, you just walk around and look at stuff; I think this will make it nicely immersive, perhaps more so than a shooter.

Similarly, I'm excited to try it with a new indie game that just came out called Hubris, but that won't be in 3D.
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

I agree CyberReality, BF3 is pretty flawless (both in 3D and gameplay). I wish they had the option to unlock the convergence but I know why they locked it, to ensure their crosshairs etc work sweet and dont double up. I just wish BF3 had more complex vehicle spawning mechanics, etc. Even Tribes 1 was way more advanced in vehicle management.

For the best 3D demo however, i would go with Just Cause 2. Its great and you can get impressive popout. L4D has great 3D, and you can get popout etc, but its not as sheer fun as JC2 in 3D with massive explosions and flying in your parachute above the trees...

I also have a program called fr-minus-03-2.exe which is also a very good demo for 3D - its some coder demo with lots of 3D shapes that gives great effects to viewers. I like to put this one on for people who haven't seen a 3D setup before. Just gotta remember to stop it before the last scene which is nearly fit inducing flashing ;)
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

Thanks guys, yeah BF3 is nice, I really like how you can turn off almost all depth when scoped... Resident Evil 5 was really nice in 3D, excecpt for the Intro movie (RE5 must the only game with prerenderd steroeoscopic cut scenes) the intro movie has way to much seperation or too much converge or a combo of them both, i got splitted vision all the time during the intro.. But in game was really, really nice.. The other cutscenes are game engine cutscenes and are really nice...

I hope Arma 3 has better Stereoosupport because the combo of native head tracking support and good Stereo is soo nice :D
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

I just tried Alan Wake after they latest patch which includes several fixes for Stereo 3d, it was really nice.. Almost too much depth for my taste :D
mindw0rk
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mindw0rk »

Trine 2 is hands down the best 3D game to impress pretty much anyone. Abit less spectacular on HMZ-T1 then on Asus VG278H but spectacular nevertheless. Still my favourite game to play on HMZ-T1 is Skyrim. It takes alot of time to make it work. Installing 100+ mods, digging .ini, playing with right settings. But in the end it is the most immersive and jaw dropping gaming experience ever
wiredmessiah
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by wiredmessiah »

Do you know of a good guide for getting Skyrim to work properly in 3D?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Yep, Trine 2 is a keeper.

Return to “3D Console Gaming”