MTBS Gallery Updates

This website is for our members. Do you have some design ideas? Are there features you would like to see? What additions would drive this site forward? POST YOUR IDEAS HERE!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

MTBS Gallery Updates

Post by Neil »

Hi everyone!

We have overcome a bug with the MTBS gallery, and as far as we can tell, members are able to upload files as large as 100MB for sharing with the community. I'm a bit undecided on how the gallery should be structured.

I think each gallery section should be divided into anaglyph and side by side categories, but I don't want the gallery to grow so sub-divided that it is hard to navigate or becomes inconvenient.

An important section is the video game screen shot section. For now, we created some sub-album sections, but this is going to be too hard to maintain in the long term because we manually have to set it up. We don't want to give members the rights to create their own albums because this could end up being abused and there are dangers around that. Do you think sub-album categories are necessary for the game sections beyond FPS, racing, etc?

Regards,
Neil
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

well you have several distinct options

1.change gallery program
2.have universal iz3d, nvidia and edimensional screenshots folders
3.give gallery creation rights only to trusted users

though honestly atm the gallery is just fine
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Neil

Post by Neil »

Check it out now. Look at the video section. Do you think this format would work for the in-game screenshots?

Regards,
Neil
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

yes it's good but to be all inclusive add "pending submissions eDimensional"

faster uploading with less mouse clicks and the ability to add images using the IMG tags to threads is what's needed. I just don't upload images here as much as I would like simply cause imageshack is just so much faster and esier- you should emulate them as much as possible. a single "select image" and "choose category" thing in the gallery main page would be most welcome and you could edit the details later.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
FR3D
Cross Eyed!

Post by FR3D »

wanted to post some 10mpixel (7776 x 2600) side by side format pictures - it wasen't possible - there was an error - "PIXELSIZE TO BIG" ????
so i posted some anaglyph ones ...

is this problem solved now ??

best regards
FR3D
sharky

Post by sharky »

well 10 megapixels is a bit too big.. :D we have limited it to the iz3d format because that way it is still possible to see them fullscreen.. there are several free programs online to mass resize pictures.. :)

cu

igor
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

Please add button when viewing image for downloading as JPS file.
Stereoscopic Steam Group: Join now

Return to “MTBS Website Ideas”