zalman 24' & high contrast scenes question

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

zalman 24' & high contrast scenes question

Post by yuriythebest »

I've read some reviews that say that with the LG D2342P 23, even if your head is exactly positioned, you still see some ghosting in high contrast scenes. I don't have the zalman 24' currently, so can't test, but is this the case there or is it really no ghosting with the correct head position?
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: zalman 24' & high contrast scenes question

Post by Gae43 »

Yuri, I'm confused. Didn't you see a demo of the LG D2342P in your local store? I believe that in these matters you must see it for yourself because we all have different standards. What bothers one person doesn't another etc.

Personally, I have made my mind up...at these prices I want one of these LG Cinema 3D TVs. I don't think we are going to get much better passive 3D at this kind of price (at least not for the foreseeable future). I don't know about you but I'm fed up of waiting any longer to get decent 3D in the home...it's been 2 years since 3D TVs started coming out after all. :shock: I want to start buying and enjoying both 3D Blu-rays and YT3D clips in 1080p passive 3D as soon as possible. At these prices it is now affordable and its been a frustrating 2 years waiting for something like this to come along. There will always be something better to come along in 6 months/1 year no doubt but personally I don't want to keep on waiting and waiting. It sounds to me that maybe you weren't 100% happy with the LG D2342P otherwise you would have bought it by now.

Gae43
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

You'll always have ghosting with passive polarized monitors, even if your head is positionned at the right place. Here is a comparison between the LG D2342 and the Zalman (don't know which diagonal) :

LG D2342 :

Zalman Trimon :

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Zalman has ghosting too, just like everything else.
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Gae43 »

Hmmm....now being tempted by the LG DM2780D 27 inch Cinema 3D TV Monitor which has been reduced by £150 online. The online version of this 3D TV only costs £30 more than my Local Retail Store's price for the 23" version.

The dilemma is. Do I buy the 27" blind online again, have the hassle of waiting in for delivery etc and possibly risk finding the same issue on this one as I did with the D2342P OR do I stick with the 23" Local Retail store model, test it in-store and then take it home with me there and then?

DECISIONS...DECISIONS... :?

Gae43

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”