The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post your comments about official MTBS game reviews here.
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by PressBot »

By Neil Schneider

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion earned its name because it offered a truly imaginative open sandbox game that performed very well in stereoscopic 3D.  For me, it marked the first time I could game in 3D without having to turn down special effects while running a stereoscopic 3D driver (in this case iZ3D), and quickly (or it seemed quick, at least) ate up 200 plus hours of my life with plenty of game to spare.  It's hard to believe that this title was released in March, 2006 because its graphics and complexity still hold up today!

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is the much anticipated sequel, and today we learn if the franchise manages to continue its tradition of innovation, imagination, and artistic prowess in stereoscopic 3D.

Read full article...
artox
Cross Eyed!

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by artox »

Great review, Neil :)
Might I suggest some additions, you could add a link to the 3dvision mod at skyrim nexus, which almost completely fixes the skybox issue (apart from the moon). Apart from that I would suggest that users experiment with various field of view settings by writing fov and a numer (ex: fov 90) in the console, since it can add to the immersion.
Personally I haven't tested the game with DDD, since I don't own the driver, however with 3dvision the game benefits from increased separation over 100%, which can be achieved through the method described by Bloody in his blog:
http://3dvision-blog.com/tag/monitor-size-3d/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Neil

Post by Neil »

Thanks for your comments, and I can give this a try for sure. Do you think you can make a submission to GG3D for Skyrim? Include your recommendations and links in the comments section. In fact, there are a lot of supposedly 3D compatible games for Nvidia that gamers haven't submitted for some reason. Share what you can, and thanks!

Regards,
Neil
arnehal
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by arnehal »

Hi, can you please disclose what graphics card you use in DDD setups in your reviews? Thanks.
Neil

Post by Neil »

AMD 6870 for AMD, GTX580 for Nvidia.

Regards,
Neil
arnehal
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by arnehal »

That's good to know. I see this info missing on several of your latest game reviews. I suspect it won't be included in future reviews either, so can I suggest that you include it in future reviews too.
Neil

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

By Neil Schneider IntroductionGeneral Game ReviewDDD Stereoscopic 3D FindingsNvidia GeForce 3D Vision FindingsiZ3D Stereoscopic 3D FindingsConclusion Introduction Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion earned its name because it offered a truly imaginative open sandbox game that performed very well in stereoscopic 3D.  For me, it marked the first time I could game in 3D without having to turn down special effects while running a stereoscopic 3D driver (in this case iZ3D), and quickly (or it seemed quick, at least) ate up 200 plus hours of my life with plenty of game to spare.  It's hard to believe that this ...

Return to “MTBS Game Review User Remarks”