My LG D2342P annoyance

120Hz or Polarized, this is the place to share your findings on what's out there!
gr0bd4
One Eyed Hopeful

My LG D2342P annoyance

Post by gr0bd4 »

I'm getting a little annoyed here. Everytime I use my monitor for 3D content after when it goes back to 2D I have to manually turn of 3D COLOR EFFECT function. It turns on by itself but it does not turn off. Anyone knows how to force it to switch automatically? Also I think I saw somewhere a post on how to turn off the blue power button, but can't find the post.
OuHiroshi
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: My LG D2342P annoyance

Post by OuHiroshi »

I think there's a LG app you need to install to turn off the blue light and you need DVI connection.
puttypong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by puttypong »

Found the answer for the power-button: You can turn it off with the Lg fortemanager.

http://www.lg.com/global/fortemanager/f ... CTG1000439" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just tried it on my lg d2542p and it works like a charm + many more options (sharpness etc.) :)

Edit: Tried hdmi today with the pc and found that the forte manager isnt working anymore. After goin back to dvi everything was fine again.
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

Hai image booster does not work with my D2342P i use win-7 32 bit
It just gets freezed though its icon appears near clock but all option freezed may i know why?
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Gae43 »

Does anyone experience the infamous brightness fluctuations with their LG TV/Monitors? I have the 23" LG DM2350D which is very similar to the D2342P (which I actually bought first) but I get these brightness fluctuations while watching Blu-ray 3Ds only. It doesn't happen with 2D or 3D material over USB or via PC....only Blu-ray 3Ds. I have tried adjusting the settings "standard" "vivid" etc but to no avail. What happens is that when the scene switches, very often the dark part will either shift to lighter or vice versa. It happens in a split second but is very distracting. Some movies are worse than others. Anyone know of a fix for this? I've spoken to an online LG assistant and he was no help just saying that I was the only one to report it...yea sure.

Gae43
deggial
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by deggial »

my D2542p doesn't turn off at all on HDMI. I find this lot more annoying than 3d color effect (which I also confirm).
Such a bad firmware bugs made me think twice before buying another LG product.
Too bad, the display itself is awesome...

Return to “3D Monitors”