Next Phase of GG3D Beta

GameGrade3D is a new gamer driven database of the top games, their best settings, and the visual results you can expect using DDD, iZ3D, NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision, and native 3D solutions.

Have questions and ideas for GameGrade3D? Share them here!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Next Phase of GG3D Beta

Post by Neil »

Hello everyone!

The work on GameGrade3D continues, and here is a list of updates:

1. EDITING! You can now edit your own submissions either by finding the game in a list, or clicking on the new "My Submissions" button after you log in.
2. Much better spacing and descriptions during the game submission process.
3. 3D thumbnails and images will look much better because the GG3D recognizes side by side and above/below modes according to driver type.
4. You can now share a URL for the actual game.

If you have already made submissions in the old M3GA service, this is a great opportunity to go through them, add screenshots, and update your findings. Please let us know if you find bugs, etc. in the GG3D process. If the stereo driver version is different, it's better to just make a new submission rather than overwrite the older version because results can be different from one 3D driver to the next.

Some functionality is still missing. For example, while editing, you won't yet be able to delete screenshots and driver profiles - just change them. Things are still in development!

Please clear your cache and cookies before running system for first time!

Regards,
Neil
Earmack
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Next Phase of GG3D Beta

Post by Earmack »

Find bug
When I try edit or create new profile, for some reason ALREADY check two options in Part II: Required Game Setting Reductions & Adjustments

Reduced unlisted feature (except AA or Anisotropic)
You cannot isolate the specific graphics option that causes the anomaly, and instead have to turn the overall graphics setting down to "medium" or between lowest and highest.

So Im always must UNCHECK or re-edited profile...this is little frustrated :?
Sapphire 7970 ghz 6gb
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
Intel I7 3770k @3,5ghz
Kingston DDR3 khx21c11t2k2/16x 4 x 8gb = 32gb
X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 1000 M
Windows 8 Pro 64x
Samsung UE40D7000LS
HDMI 1.4a
Earmack

Post by Earmack »

Also some game profiles don't added (after creating submission) in base..like example Battlefield 3
Sapphire 7970 ghz 6gb
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
Intel I7 3770k @3,5ghz
Windows 8 Pro 64x
Samsung UE40D7000LS
HDMI 1.4a
Neil

Post by Neil »

Can you elaborate more on what you mean about profiles not getting added?

If you see that double check mark bug, get out (close window) and try again (should work second time). It's an intermittent bug that we are trying to find and fix.

Regards,
Neil
Earmack

Post by Earmack »

Again.
I submitted NEW game battlefield 3, and when I whanna create new 3d driver submission for the same game (Battlefield 3), I don't see this game in database
Sapphire 7970 ghz 6gb
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
Intel I7 3770k @3,5ghz
Windows 8 Pro 64x
Samsung UE40D7000LS
HDMI 1.4a
Neil

Post by Neil »

If you are using identical specifications (drivers, hardware, etc.) it will overwrite your previous submission. However, if the driver version is different, it should create a new submission profile.

Regards,
Neil
Neil

Post by Neil »

The phantom checkmark bug is fixed! When editing and/or making submissions, you shouldn't see checkmarks that weren't originally supposed to be there (it was some kind of cookie bug). Please share any other bugs that pop up.

Regards,
Neil
Earmack

Post by Earmack »

Neil wrote:If you are using identical specifications (drivers, hardware, etc.) it will overwrite your previous submission. However, if the driver version is different, it should create a new submission profile.

Regards,
Neil
Third time:

Some games after created profiles. Don't added in database...I put some pictures to understand correctly....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sapphire 7970 ghz 6gb
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
Intel I7 3770k @3,5ghz
Windows 8 Pro 64x
Samsung UE40D7000LS
HDMI 1.4a
Earmack

Post by Earmack »

Neil wrote:The phantom checkmark bug is fixed! When editing and/or making submissions, you shouldn't see checkmarks that weren't originally supposed to be there (it was some kind of cookie bug). Please share any other bugs that pop up.

Regards,
Neil
Good news! :D
Sapphire 7970 ghz 6gb
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
Intel I7 3770k @3,5ghz
Windows 8 Pro 64x
Samsung UE40D7000LS
HDMI 1.4a
Neil

Post by Neil »

I see what you mean now. Ok, we will look into this (the inability to add certain game submissions).

I need to know a few things:

1. Did this profile include screenshots?
2. Were you including a DDD game profile as well?

Regards,
Neil
Earmack

Post by Earmack »

If u mean Battlefield 3 profile

1. Yes
2. Yes, but strange i just check and when I go to "edited" stereo profile already on place, I re-added profile and still missed.
Sapphire 7970 ghz 6gb
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
Intel I7 3770k @3,5ghz
Windows 8 Pro 64x
Samsung UE40D7000LS
HDMI 1.4a
Neil

Post by Neil »

Try resubmitting - we fixed some bugs that should address this.

Also, I now have the functionality to delete submissions and have been doing some cleaning up. Can you PM or email me the URLS for the duplicate profiles you want deleted?

Regards,
Neil
Earmack

Post by Earmack »

Good news!=) Also I send u e-mail with doubled profiles:)
Sapphire 7970 ghz 6gb
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
Intel I7 3770k @3,5ghz
Windows 8 Pro 64x
Samsung UE40D7000LS
HDMI 1.4a
Neil

Post by Neil »

All done.

Regards,
Neil
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

I found a bug.

I made an entry for Crysis 2 and I checked the following secondary anomaly :
"A doubled solid image or object due to software error. For example, the left eye shows a single tree, while the right eye shows two trees."
(i think it matches the description of 2D+depth occlusion artefacts)
I wanted to type a description of the effect in the comment box which appears next to the entry, but once I completed the report, this entry was completely gone, as if I did not even tick this bug.

I found a usability issue :
When I edit a report, each page of the report is immediately edited even if I do not complete the report process. This caused me some surprises when I arrived on the last page and realise I made a mistake, I pressed back a couple times until I reached the games list and noticed the report had already been changed with my mistake.
Last edited by BlackShark on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
Zloth
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zloth »

Found an issue...

I was doing my Last Remnant rating with the game running in the background. As I was asked for screenshots, I would pop back into the game and take a sample or two. All well and good but I wasn't bothering to keep the shots after I moved on to the next page of the review process. The end result being that my graphics settings screenshots had the same file names as a couple of screenshots I did later! That seems to have confused the system.

Edit: Or maybe not. I just re-uploaded the two shots with new names and the images still aren't visible.

Also...

I keep getting burned by the 3D system choice. I pick NVIDIA but there's a box after that and I'm never real certain what to put in there. I've been putting in "3D Vision 1" but it doesn't fit in the box well so I suspect that's not what I should be doing.

P.S. My review is going to look a bit odd. The game has settings for 'field mode' and 'battle mode'. Battle mode lets you turn off shadows which really helps the 3D. Field mode, however, just lets you turn the shadow quality down and the shadows still look horrible. That means my rating will say that I had to turn shadows off *AND* I had to rate the game down for having disconnected shadows!
"Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of."
- They Might Be Giants
Neil

Post by Neil »

I made an entry for Crysis 2 and I checked the following secondary anomaly :
"A doubled solid image or object due to software error. For example, the left eye shows a single tree, while the right eye shows two trees."
(i think it matches the description of 2D+depth occlusion artefacts)
I wanted to type a description of the effect in the comment box which appears next to the entry, but once I completed the report, this entry was completely gone, as if I did not even tick this bug.

I found a usability issue :
When I edit a report, each page of the report is immediately edited even if I do not complete the report process. This caused me some surprises when I arrived on the last page and realise I made a mistake, I pressed back a couple times until I reached the games list and noticed the report had already been changed with my mistake.

Hi Blackshark,

I. To confirm, you selected an anomaly, entered comments, but when you submitted - the anomaly wasn't included with the submission? Were you going backwards and forwards via the browsers back button rather than just following the submission pages in order? We don't have a back button in the editing process yet. Has this happened only once to you, or is it a regular pattern? Were you in edit mode, or a fresh submission mode?

II. Just so I'm clear, is the complete report getting permanently updated before you click the final submit button?

I was doing my Last Remnant rating with the game running in the background. As I was asked for screenshots, I would pop back into the game and take a sample or two. All well and good but I wasn't bothering to keep the shots after I moved on to the next page of the review process. The end result being that my graphics settings screenshots had the same file names as a couple of screenshots I did later! That seems to have confused the system.

Edit: Or maybe not. I just re-uploaded the two shots with new names and the images still aren't visible.

We definitely have some bugs in the editing system (not the fresh submission system) related to images. This is what I think happened.

I. We don't have a back button in the submission process yet. So, by going back pages via the browser may have created a problem. We will look at this (a back button may be enough to solve this).
II. Editing pictures has its own bugs, so this doesn't surprise me. We are working on that one.
I keep getting burned by the 3D system choice. I pick NVIDIA but there's a box after that and I'm never real certain what to put in there. I've been putting in "3D Vision 1" but it doesn't fit in the box well so I suspect that's not what I should be doing.
You are supposed to put the stereo driver version number. In this case, it should be the GeForce 3D driver version because it's all one driver now.
P.S. My review is going to look a bit odd. The game has settings for 'field mode' and 'battle mode'. Battle mode lets you turn off shadows which really helps the 3D. Field mode, however, just lets you turn the shadow quality down and the shadows still look horrible. That means my rating will say that I had to turn shadows off *AND* I had to rate the game down for having disconnected shadows!
Rate according to the worst case scenario in a single submission. HOWEVER, in your comments section, describe the special circumstances that give you the shadow flexibility you need.

Thank you all for your continued input on bugs, etc.

Regards,
Neil
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

Neil wrote: Hi Blackshark,

I. To confirm, you selected an anomaly, entered comments, but when you submitted - the anomaly wasn't included with the submission? Were you going backwards and forwards via the browsers back button rather than just following the submission pages in order? We don't have a back button in the editing process yet. Has this happened only once to you, or is it a regular pattern? Were you in edit mode, or a fresh submission mode?

II. Just so I'm clear, is the complete report getting permanently updated before you click the final submit button?
The anomalies were found separately.
First I typed the full report with the text, and the item I commented didn't show up.
Then I edited it : the entry was not ticked and the text was gone (understandably), I tried without typing the text and it appeared.

The editing bug by going backwards was found on an other game.
I did not complete the final page, I pressed back while on the comments page, back back back until I reach the games list and I noticed the entry was already edited.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

BlackShark wrote: First I typed the full report with the text, and the item I commented didn't show up.
Then I edited it : the entry was not ticked and the text was gone (understandably), I tried without typing the text and it appeared.
Hello, I had exactly same issue while editing my old reports of Dragon Age: Origins.
In my case the anomaly involved was the 3d skybox: firstly I ticked the anomaly, added comment and 3 screen-shoots. But on the resume of the report, the anomaly was not here. I resolved the issue the same way than blackshark.

Other issue: screenshots for anomalies have their link broken.
My 16:10 screenshots are resized to 4:3 aspect ration with black strip.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Some bugs were fixed today, and I will share the list as soon as I have done more testing.

Guig2000, which profiles have links broken? Can you share some URLs? Also, please share your profile links with the odd pictures. There is padding added to some screenshots when they are resized, but let me see your stuff to make sure it is looking right.

Regards,
Neil
Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

Yes:
one profile http://www.mtbs3d.com/gg3d/index.php?sh ... id&val=395 and one of his anomaly pictures not displayed: Image
the other profile: http://www.mtbs3d.com/gg3d/index.php?sh ... id&val=209 and one of his anomaly pictures not displayed: Image

CiV IV screenshot:
original (16/10): Image (sorry if you have advertising, it was not here when I choose this website and now I've hundreds of my screenshots in it).
MTBS resized (4/3 + black strip): Image
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

This letterboxing was also added to all the images I have uploaded, for example: http://www.mtbs3d.com/gg3d/index.php?sh ... d&val=1566" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys,

I see exactly where the bugs are occurring with JPS images, and I've passed the info on to our programmer.

The padding on the images isn't a surprise because they are being resized to a fixed size, and because some are in above/below and sbs, the trade-off is this padding. However, I just thought of another way of doing this that should avoid the padding - I'll let you know as soon as it is ready.

Thanks for your continued feedback and participation.

Regards,
Neil
Earmack

Post by Earmack »

Hi Neil,
I just wake up, and go check GG3D and find I lose 2 profiles (someone deleted or happen something...), how it's can be!?

I see I don't have anymore SKYRIM iz3d profile....and something esle can't remember=(
Sapphire 7970 ghz 6gb
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
Intel I7 3770k @3,5ghz
Windows 8 Pro 64x
Samsung UE40D7000LS
HDMI 1.4a
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Earmack,

We are looking into this. I didn't delete anything, and it's possible something got lost during a debug process. Sometimes a profile can be in the database, but not linked in the main list. Let me find out what happened. Worst case scenario is I'll ask you to resubmit (once I know if the submissions still exist).

Regards,
Neil
Earmack

Post by Earmack »

I think it's just bug or something...
Sapphire 7970 ghz 6gb
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
Intel I7 3770k @3,5ghz
Windows 8 Pro 64x
Samsung UE40D7000LS
HDMI 1.4a
Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

Guig2000 wrote:
BlackShark wrote: First I typed the full report with the text, and the item I commented didn't show up.
Hello, I had exactly same issue while editing my old reports of Dragon Age: Origins.
In my case the anomaly involved was the 3d skybox: firstly I ticked the anomaly, added comment and 3 screen-shoots. But on the resume of the report, the anomaly was not here. I resolved the issue the same way than blackshark.
Hello,
I had the same problem again with this submission:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/gg3d/index.php?sh ... d&val=1647
and the secondary anomaly "Non-solid objects including fire, smoke, lights, haze, and similar blur effects are rendered at screen depth instead of in 3D"
Additionally I was firstly not able to solve it: I edited the submission and added the anomaly without comment, it worked but when I re-edited it in order to add the comment, the anomaly disappeared.
After many try, I discovered that it was because I used a apostrophe " ' " into the comment. When I include a comment without this sign, it worked fine.

@Earmack:
Maybe you started to edit it and did not finalize?
With M3GA it has the effect to delete the report.
Neil

Post by Neil »

I'm discovering additional bugs with the submission process. We will have this checked out.

Regards,
Neil
Earmack

Post by Earmack »

@Guig2000
No, I always finished, and after that I reloead pages twice or even more times to make sure profile in base
Sapphire 7970 ghz 6gb
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
Intel I7 3770k @3,5ghz
Windows 8 Pro 64x
Samsung UE40D7000LS
HDMI 1.4a
Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

Guig2000 wrote:
Other issue: screenshots for anomalies have their link broken.
My 16:10 screenshots are resized to 4:3 aspect ration with black strip.

I see that mtbs team solved this issue, screenshots representing anomalies can be updated properly now.
Neil

Post by Neil »

That and more...

If you had broken links or are unsure that your entries are correct, can you go through and verify them? We fixed up the editing and submission pages so portions of your entries won't go missing, and the JPS/PNS files are properly handled now.

We are still looking at the letterboxing issue, but that's not a bug - we just need to find a better way of doing this.

Regards,
Neil
Earmack

Post by Earmack »

Damn it, I lost AGAIN one of my profiles....few days I check and evetyhing fine, but now I AGAIN have minus one :? Now it's battlefield 3 DDD.....
Sapphire 7970 ghz 6gb
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
Intel I7 3770k @3,5ghz
Windows 8 Pro 64x
Samsung UE40D7000LS
HDMI 1.4a
Neil

Post by Neil »

That is strange. Let me look into it.

Have you personally done any editing with other profiles? Anything that would have changed something at your end?

Has anyone else mysteriously lost a submission?

Regards,
Neil
Earmack

Post by Earmack »

Im not submitted profiles few days. Battlefield ddd uploaded few weeks ago, I think....this is very strange. I don't even touch profiles few days.

When I reedited and full complete stpes from start to finish, than I few times PUSH the logo "GG3D", member and look overall number profiles and look if everythink correct to remembered my profiles. Nothing else

About BF3, I uplaod profiles and touch few weeks. But today I look I have one of my profiles minus one, and don't find BF3 ddd...that's my story....
Last edited by Earmack on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sapphire 7970 ghz 6gb
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
Intel I7 3770k @3,5ghz
Windows 8 Pro 64x
Samsung UE40D7000LS
HDMI 1.4a
Neil

Post by Neil »

Ok. We will investigate. I know that a few days ago, we had to go into the database to fix up some broken links with JPS files and bug fixing - I don't know if this is related.

Can others report missing submissions?

Regards,
Neil
Earmack

Post by Earmack »

Thanks for help Neil.
Strange but this profile (battlefield 3 ddd), don't have screens JPS, I always put ddd under/above format
Sapphire 7970 ghz 6gb
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
Intel I7 3770k @3,5ghz
Windows 8 Pro 64x
Samsung UE40D7000LS
HDMI 1.4a
Neil

Post by Neil »

Could be anything. We will investigate.

Regards,
Neil
Neil

Post by Neil »

I just spotted that a GG3D submission went missing. Has anyone spotted a missing profile in their list?

Regards,
Neil
Earmack

Post by Earmack »

Hi Neil,
No this time it's my profile. Finally u see Im not crazy haha=))) I think u must doing something with base like maybe backup or something like that. BTW before i reported about drop my profiles, I see few times like base droped...I just think it's something like maybe someone it this time re-edit profiles and something, but I see this 5 or 10 times, until I find I lost some profiles. I think many people don't check they profiles, because I check few times per day (click on logo GG3D and than on MEMBERS, and just looks everythink ok about numbers profiles).
Sapphire 7970 ghz 6gb
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
Intel I7 3770k @3,5ghz
Windows 8 Pro 64x
Samsung UE40D7000LS
HDMI 1.4a
Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

I think one of my submissions disappeared: I had 29 on my lists, now 28.
I think it was about FUEL and iZ3D driver 1.11b1.

I didn't checked my submissions the lasts days so I don't know when it happens exactly.

Return to “GameGrade3D Discussion”