"Off The Screen" 3D Gaming For $9.95?

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

"Off The Screen" 3D Gaming For $9.95?

Post by Silversurfer »

http://www.xforce3d.com/

I'm lost for words, can they be so desperate or is this worth a punt?
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

yeah I've seen this. They must be so afraid about nvidia's decision to drop shutterglass support that they're trying to sell off their stock before it's all gone. THough iz3d 'may' offer shutterglass premium drivers sometime in the future.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
stee1hed
Cross Eyed!

Post by stee1hed »

You are right. On the bottom of the page it says...
NOTE: This is a liquidation of our entire PC 3D Gaming Glasses Inventory. These glasses only work with CRT monitors while most computer users own TFT, LCD and Plasma Screens. If you do have a CRT & Nvidia Card, get em while you can!
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

Thank you Silversurfer. At that price, I decided to get one pair even if I don't really need it. I already have eDimensional glasses. I mainly ordered them to see if there's any difference in quality between them and the eD glasses and because I might eventually get one of the Samsung HLT HDTV. Theses glasses must be compatible and if they don't have the right connector, I can fix that.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

The problem is the shipping to Europe :-/ 35$ more to bring them to spain
Xerion
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Xerion »

same problem here, bit much for shipping, would be nice to try them. It looks like they are these glasses, and apparently according to this chart they autosync to the flipping, while the e-dimensionals driversync...
Current Rig: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0GHz, 6 GB ram, Geforce GTX670 -> Nvidia 3D Vision on LG 47LM615S (interlaced, spoofing Zalman EDID) + Oculus Rift
Control Peripherals: Novint Falcon, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, XBOX 360 Controller, Wiimote, Saitek X52 Pro (flight control system), Logitech G27 (racing wheel), Logitech G15 (keyboard), Razer Naga Molten Edition (mouse)
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

Tril wrote:Thank you Silversurfer. At that price, I decided to get one pair even if I don't really need it. I already have eDimensional glasses. I mainly ordered them to see if there's any difference in quality between them and the eD glasses and because I might eventually get one of the Samsung HLT HDTV. Theses glasses must be compatible and if they don't have the right connector, I can fix that.
Tril ,Will you please report back on the comparison with e-dimensional, if it doesn't take too long for yours to arrive. However I have a feeling at this price they are going to sell quickly before you get a chance to advise us whether to get a pair for ourselves?

Cheers
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

According to the chart you posted, these glasses have :
  • auto-sync to page-flipping
  • auto-sync to interlace
  • line blanker for artificial interlace on any gfx-card
  • sync doubler for above-below split-screen on any gfx-card
In the review, it says theses glasses support autosync, line-blank and sync-double. Could anyone explain the line-blank and sync-double modes? I have my own ideas but I'm not sure. I'm going to explain what I think they do but I'd like someone knowledgeable to tell me if I'm right/wrong.

In line-blank mode, you put the left eye on the odd lines and the right eye on the even lines. You could do the opposite too. The controller will display the odd lines and will replace the even lines by black for one refresh of the screen. For the next refresh, the controller will display the even lines and will replace the odd lines with black. You could program this mode in a stereo driver and you won't have any trouble keeping sync with the glasses. The disadvantage is the inserted black lines but since this is used in the new Zalman monitors, it can't look that bad.

In sync-double, you put the left and right eye one under the other. The controller separates them and shows them one after the other on two refreshes of the screen. That probably means that you output out of the video card at 60 Hz and the monitor receives input at 120 Hz. I'm wondering if the vertical number of lines needs to be the same as the vertical resolution (you lose half of the vertical resolution because you squeeze the height of two frames in one) or if you can send a frame that has twice the vertical resolution of the screen (left and right views at full resolution). This mode too could be easily added to a stereo driver.

crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

I have bought a pair anyway, I won't get rich saving that money and I've always wanted to try one of this.
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

crim3 wrote:I have bought a pair anyway, I won't get rich saving that money and I've always wanted to try one of this.
LOL - :lol: same here crim3, £22.95 including shipping hardly break the bank.

chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

Silversurfer wrote:
crim3 wrote:I have bought a pair anyway, I won't get rich saving that money and I've always wanted to try one of this.
Then of course you'll be looking at another £12 in brokerage fees if these are sent USPS (when parcelforce get them at the other end) + tax, which will be whatever the want it to. I'd expect the total to be about £40 but still not a lot.
Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

I own this stereo glasses for a few years now (payed 49$ + shipping) for use with my CRT/shutter/nVidia stero driver setup and can say that they work great. They look futuristic but the unique design does not put any weight on your nose. I can wear that glasses for hours without any discomfort. The controller of course supports all kinds of stereo formats and just uses the Vsync signal for synchronisation.

You can find a great review from Mr. stereo 3D Christoph Bungert in english here: http://www.stereo3d.com. Navigate to sitemap/hardware reviews/Another Eye 2000)

The original brand name is "Another Eye 2000" http://www.stereo3d.com/anothereye2000.jpg
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

chrisjarram wrote:
Silversurfer wrote:
Then of course you'll be looking at another £12 in brokerage fees if these are sent USPS (when parcelforce get them at the other end) + tax, which will be whatever the want it to. I'd expect the total to be about £40 but still not a lot.
Great news, they arrived this morning and there was no extra to pay as the custom label had the correct description and $9.95 cost made out from www.xforce.com, well done that company, so £22.95 was all I paid including shipping :-).

:lol: Now to give these things a whirl, I am a 3-D stereoscopic virgin, soon to pop my Cherry.

Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

Nobsi wrote:I own this stereo glasses for a few years now (payed 49$ + shipping) for use with my CRT/shutter/nVidia stero driver setup and can say that they work great. They look futuristic but the unique design does not put any weight on your nose. I can wear that glasses for hours without any discomfort. The controller of course supports all kinds of stereo formats and just uses the Vsync signal for synchronisation.

You can find a great review from Mr. stereo 3D Christoph Bungert in english here: http://www.stereo3d.com. Navigate to sitemap/hardware reviews/Another Eye 2000)

The original brand name is "Another Eye 2000" http://www.stereo3d.com/anothereye2000.jpg
Now you're just teasing me, as I'm a little push to try them today, but I will try and do my best today now that I have read your post, :) thank you

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Tril wrote:In the review, it says theses glasses support autosync, line-blank and sync-double. Could anyone explain the line-blank and sync-double modes? I have my own ideas but I'm not sure. I'm going to explain what I think they do but I'd like someone knowledgeable to tell me if I'm right/wrong.
I can explain the line-blanking mode. I bought these glasses a few years back but had to return them since they were broke, but not before I got a chance to test the dongle. Anyway, the line-blanking mode uses the VGA pass-through to insert black (blank) lines in an interlaced fashion. It then syncs the glasses to refresh with the blanking so the left eye sees say the even lines, and the right eye the odd lines. The eyes can be easily switched with the dongle. This is important because it can display 3d images without the use of a driver. For example, you can set your windows desktop to a 3d interlaced image and the glasses would correctly handle them.

These glasses support basically every method of 3d that has been used with shutter-glasses. I can't believe they are just giving them away for $10! I guess everyone just has LCD monitors these days. I still have a few CRTs I'm holding on to just due to the fact that shutter-glasses don't work on my flat-screens. I'll probably buy a few of these just to mod or keep as collectors items!
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

ahh right- the eDim glasses also have the desktop interlaced thing.
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

yuriythebest1 wrote:ahh right- the eDim glasses also have the desktop interlaced thing.
Really? I did not know that. There's no button on the controller so I guess you activate it with the eD software. I'll try try this mode on the eD glasses to test it. Can anyone confirm how you activate it?

I received mine this morning. I like the design. I clamp them to my head a bit high and I rotate them down because of my prescription glasses. It works well. I never got into the eD glasses much because they fall down all the time because of my prescription glasses. I think I'm going to enjoy these.

It come with a CD that has "VR Game Driver(Wicked3D)" among other software. I wonder if it works and how well...

The distance between the LC shutters and the eyes can be adjusted. If I did not wear glasses. I could wear them very close to my eyes and get almost 180 degrees view through the LC shutters.

The LC shutters are bigger than those on the eD glasses. This is nice. I was worried that if I got a bigger monitor/TV like those Samsung 50" HDTV, used the eD glasses and sat close to the HDTV, the frame would hide part of the picture. This is less likely to happen with these shutterglasses.

I haven't tried them so far. I'll do that later tonight.

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Here they are :)
They work great and are very comfortable to wear. A lot easier to use than the HMD. You really need to want to use a HMD to tolerate it's size and weight, but these glasses are almost like wearing nothing. I'm very surprised.
Half-life 2 looks great, as always. I can't understand why almost everybody prefers the flat version.

They should be standardized. Instead of that, they are preparing their extinction. :'(
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Bought 1 too. Also curious and allthough this is old technology I could be very good with a monitor like a Samsung/Mitsubitsi if it work.
10$ + 35$ shipping to europe.
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

The glasses look nice and have a lot of features, but I think the shipping makes it too expencive...

Do you guys know, if it gets muche less expencive, if you order multiple units? Lets say 3 or so? And could you send them (much cheaper) within europe afterwards?
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

Nobsi wrote:I own this stereo glasses for a few years now (payed 49$ + shipping) for use with my CRT/shutter/nVidia stero driver setup and can say that they work great.
Nobsi - what model of CRT monitor are you using and what is its refresh rate?

Also what version number of video stereo drivers are you using as I am using the only current UK Vista 32-bit 3-D stereo drivers available for my NVIDIA 8800 GTX GPU (Version: 174.76 - Release Date: March 28, 2008) paired with the equivalent geforce NVIDIA drivers (Version: 175.16 - Release Date: 13.05.2008)?

Anyway with the above drivers in Vista "only anaglyph is supported at 640 x 480 on this monitor" ?

An A4 sheet now accompanies these glasses stating that you shouldn't use the wicked 3-D display drivers on the "Another Eye CD ROM" but I'm wondering if I'm missing out on any extra functionality that you might have discovered with the wicked 3-D display drivers and/or any of the software bundled on the CD using old NVIDIA 3-D display drivers, should I go back to the old NVIDIA XP drivers from 2006, and if so which one works best?

Any help appreciated, Cheers

Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

DirectX 7a is included on the CD, so that old stereo driver probably does not support DirectX 8 and 9. I did not test it but that would make sense.

Mine were broken when I received them. The screen was purple because green was missing. I wanted to test them as soon as possible and I thought that it was under warranty but they would probably (I did not verify) not ask me to send it back since it's a closeout sale and it would just be cheaper for them to send another one. So I decided to try to repair them myself and succeeded. The wire for green was the problem. I had to open the vga adapter, cut a small length of the wire for the green and solder a small length of wire in its place and now they work great.

The ghosting is as bad/annoying as I remember on my CRT monitor. The phosphors are just not fast enough for this king of use.

crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

LukePC1 wrote:The glasses look nice and have a lot of features, but I think the shipping makes it too expencive...

Do you guys know, if it gets muche less expencive, if you order multiple units? Lets say 3 or so? And could you send them (much cheaper) within europe afterwards?
The shipping rises with the number of units. I already thought about it.
Tril wrote:The ghosting is as bad/annoying as I remember on my CRT monitor. The phosphors are just not fast enough for this king of use.
I think that the ghosting is due to the lens not completely blocking the light when is black. If you turn it on with the computer off you can see one of the lens black and the other not (it won't flip without video signal). The black one lets a lot of light pass through.
You did a great repair, well done :)
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

I got mine. Actually very good.

Pros:
1. The viewing area is 5mm wider (both sides) and 3mm higher/lower so the view is much better.
2. There no weight on the nose.
3. There's a reverse the eyes button on the cable - great for using with projectors if You do that.

Cons:
1. There's some pressure on the temples.
2. collides with headphones somewhat. Earplugs is fine.
3. breaks easier than other models.
4. the ghosting get bigger around the edges of the glasses.

Also the activation of the glasses is done by a button - not automatic or when Ctrl-T is pressed.

Generally I think there's a lighter/brighter feel to these glasses compared to eDimensionals. Since I use earplugs the only downside
is the pressure on the temples which I can find a solution to I think. Great buy if You need some.
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

Freke1 wrote:I got mine. Actually very good.

Pros:
1. The viewing area is 5mm wider (both sides) and 3mm higher/lower so the view is much better.
2. There no weight on the nose.
3. There's a reverse the eyes button on the cable - great for using with projectors if You do that.

Cons:
1. There's some pressure on the temples.
2. collides with headphones somewhat. Earplugs is fine.
3. breaks easier than other models.
4. the ghosting get bigger around the edges of the glasses.

Also the activation of the glasses is done by a button - not automatic or when Ctrl-T is pressed.

Generally I think there's a lighter/brighter feel to these glasses compared to eDimensionals. Since I use earplugs the only downside
is the pressure on the temples which I can find a solution to I think. Great buy if You need some.
First can I thank you for your comparision comments, nice to know we haven't wasted £'s or time with this soluction, even if it it didn't break the bank. :)

It's taken me a while to purchase a used 7900 GTX for use with these SG and now I need your help. Can you tell me which DRIVER versions of nVidia nforce & 3d stereo & iZ3D to use with these SG?

I'm in the mist of writing a excel spreedsheet to show which combo's of nVidia / iz3d hardware / software n00bs like me need to get started & I hope all the experienced members will contribute your setups as it seems there is many differing solutions to enable successful but not 100% flawless playback? I'm abit confused to be honest after reading countless pages & I was hoping more of you could update your signitures with driver versions numbers to save us asking basic questions, what do you think? Any help appreciated.

Cheers in advance, SilverSurfer

stepsbarto

Post by stepsbarto »

Hi ,Silversurfer,

I bought them too,just to test it out ... for 29.- € incl. shipping to germany is quite OK.
On my CRT it seems the have little more ghosting maybe thats because they are brighter
than my other ( i think they are H3D-glasses ).
Like Freke1 wrote ... the viewing area is wider and looking with your head turned
or tilted at the screen you have ghosting at the edges.
On my projector you have a really bright image and no ghosting (really).
I use a 7900GTO (overclocked to GTX) and 94.24 Forceware/Stereodriver combo on Windows XP of course.
This works fine.

regards
steps
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

I've been using them for some hours now. I can't get used to the pressure on my temples(?) and also I think they ghost a little more than my eDimensional. So I'm switching back to eDim. I think they fit my head better and I'm used to them.
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

stepsbarto wrote:Hi ,Silversurfer,

I bought them too,just to test it out ... for 29.- € incl. shipping to germany is quite OK.
On my CRT it seems the have little more ghosting maybe thats because they are brighter
than my other ( i think they are H3D-glasses ).
Like Freke1 wrote ... the viewing area is wider and looking with your head turned
or tilted at the screen you have ghosting at the edges.
On my projector you have a really bright image and no ghosting (really).
I use a 7900GTO (overclocked to GTX) and 94.24 Forceware/Stereodriver combo on Windows XP of course.
This works fine.

regards
steps
Cheers stepsbarto, I'll try those drivers. Which games have tried with SG, is there a list or is it trial & error?
I think that my other problem is running dual monitor so i'll just use the CRT.

Thanks again

Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

Freke1 wrote:I've been using them for some hours now. I can't get used to the pressure on my temples(?) and also I think they ghost a little more than my eDimensional. So I'm switching back to eDim. I think they fit my head better and I'm used to them.
Great sig Freke1 by the way :) . Now here's a question, which games have you tested with the:

1 = eDim SG + eDim drivers Vs
2 = nVidia drivers + these SG Vs
3 = iZ3d (these SG)?

If it's not to much trouble could you give a "BAD, BETTER or BEST" one word comparison for the game / OS / driver version number like your sig as it would be a fine start for my excel Games/Drivers#/Hardware(SG or LCD/OS speadsheet I'm putting together for n00bs like me who might be thinking of purchasing other SG like the eDim's Vs these/others. Hopefully the chart will grow into the projectors as well with other members hard work.

Cheers in advance
SilverSurfer

Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Thx :D

@ 1. I've never used this combination (never used eDimensional's 3D driver).
@ 2. I've allways used this (old Nvidia 3D driver).
@ 3. Not possible at the moment (iZ3D + shutterglasses is not possible).

Games I have tested with option 2 (Nvidia's old 3D driver (91.31/91.31) and eDim shutter glasses) see here: http://www.3d.wep.dk/3dpictures.html

Shutterglasses 3D requirements:
Win XP (32bit)
CRT monitor or DLP projector (min. 85Hz refresh rate)
Nvidia 5, 6 or 7 series graphics card (some non G92 8 series cards can be made to work too - see http://mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1072)
Just plug it together and install the GForce and 3D driver. You can then game, see photos and video in 3D.
I've only tried 78.01/78.01 and 91.31/91.31 and 163.71/162.50 so I can't really grade them, but I've found that the older drivers are best for the older games and newer drivers are best for the new games. But there are few options.

The new Nvidia 3D driver and iZ3D's 3D driver does not support shutter glasses (yet). Samsung/mitsubitsi DLP TV's use shutterglasses but I don't know anything about that. Looking forward to Your chart, maybe You should also include if games can run in certain resolutions. F.ex. is it a problem that a VR920 displays games in 640*480? Can all my games run in this resolution if I bought one?

Keep surfin' :)
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Freke1 wrote:F.ex. is it a problem that a VR920 displays games in 640*480?
VR920 can scale down the resolution, so you don't need to configure games to that resolution.
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

Freke1 wrote:Thx :D

@ 1. I've never used this combination (never used eDimensional's 3D driver).
@ 2. I've allways used this (old Nvidia 3D driver).
@ 3. Not possible at the moment (iZ3D + shutterglasses is not possible).

Games I have tested with option 2 (Nvidia's old 3D driver (91.31/91.31) and eDim shutter glasses) see here: http://www.3d.wep.dk/3dpictures.html

Shutterglasses 3D requirements:
Win XP (32bit)
CRT monitor or DLP projector (min. 85Hz refresh rate)
Nvidia 5, 6 or 7 series graphics card (some non G92 8 series cards can be made to work too - see http://mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1072)
Just plug it together and install the GForce and 3D driver. You can then game, see photos and video in 3D.
I've only tried 78.01/78.01 and 91.31/91.31 and 163.71/162.50 so I can't really grade them, but I've found that the older drivers are best for the older games and newer drivers are best for the new games. But there are few options.

The new Nvidia 3D driver and iZ3D's 3D driver does not support shutter glasses (yet). Samsung/mitsubitsi DLP TV's use shutterglasses but I don't know anything about that. Looking forward to Your chart, maybe You should also include if games can run in certain resolutions. F.ex. is it a problem that a VR920 displays games in 640*480? Can all my games run in this resolution if I bought one?

Keep surfin' :)
Hello Freke1 & stepsbarto
Success with NVIDIA 94.24/94.24 for 32 bit XP suggested by stepsbarto and the rest of the information you gave me came in very helpful indeed so thank you both :-).

As this is my first foray into 3-D gaming I think my expectations are slightly lower than you experienced users but so far I am pretty amazed at the level of realism and depth 3-D stereo adds to gameplay. I'm a bit of a racing car simulation fan and I wanted to see how much S3 D added to racing game play and I can definitely say that it's increased my enjoyment and improve my times on the tracks and so far (ghosting aside) it's all good.

I'll report back later on the spreadsheet.

Cheers, Silversurfer

crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Hallelujah! :)
It'll get better as you get used to wider stereo separation and learn to set a proper convergence.
Xerion

Post by Xerion »

Recently I got 2 sets of AnotherEYE 2000 and today I got a 7950GT so I can finally use them properly and have 3d without artefacts for the first time in months :)

One advantage the AnotherEYE2k's have over the e-dimensionals is the bigger lcd's, which is especially useful when I use my projector, where my view was often bigger than the e-dim's.

Another advantage is that the lcd's don't become as dark as with the e-dims. As far as I can see it doesn't result in more ghosting, perhaps even less (on my CRT)

On my projector I didn't have any ghosting with e-dims, nor with these glasses for the brief time I tested them with my artefact ridden 8800gts. I can't do more extensive testing with my projector atm because it's in the livingroom setup for euro2008 (go Netherlands! ;))

One more tiny advantage is there's a button to swap the eyes, which is very handy since projector is always 1 frame behind. On my wired e-dim's I had to swap some wires, and with my wireless (which are broken, sadly) there was (apart from some expensive hardware) just the option of using the ed-activator to activate the glasses and then turn on and off stereo a few times untill eye order was correct.

Last but not least, some of you might be interested in the fact that hooking up 2 sets of anothereyes works fine. So soon i'll be playing audiosurf together with my bro in stereo ;)
Current Rig: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0GHz, 6 GB ram, Geforce GTX670 -> Nvidia 3D Vision on LG 47LM615S (interlaced, spoofing Zalman EDID) + Oculus Rift
Control Peripherals: Novint Falcon, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, XBOX 360 Controller, Wiimote, Saitek X52 Pro (flight control system), Logitech G27 (racing wheel), Logitech G15 (keyboard), Razer Naga Molten Edition (mouse)
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

They work together with eDimensional too (2 glasses at the same time).
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

Xerion wrote:... advantage the AnotherEYE2k's have over the e-dimensionals is the bigger lcd's..
I find with the large LCDs and the ability to extend the arms as a spectacle wearer they fit perfectly over my glasses. And as an added bonus I find they're just as good as the tilt-up / slip-on sunglasses I use over my specs for extended display use due to my sensitive eyes and modern high brightness and contrast monitors.
Xerion wrote:...Another advantage is that the lcd's don't become as dark as with the e-dims. As far as I can see it doesn't result in more ghosting, perhaps even less (on my CRT)
Very useful information for myself and others who are thinking of splashing out on a second pair by e-dims or AnotherEYE2k's, thanks.
Xerion wrote:......euro2008 (go Netherlands! ;))
As a nonparticipating English fan you've got my vote :-) what a game against the Italians!
Xerion wrote:... One more tiny advantage is there's a button to swap the eyes, which is very handy since projector is always 1 frame behind. On my wired e-dim's I had to swap some wires, and with my wireless (which are broken, sadly) there was (apart from some expensive hardware) just the option of using the ed-activator to activate the glasses and then turn on and off stereo a few times untill eye order was correct.
Sounds like the reviews of these SG were no exaggeration they seem to have some handy features. Their demise seems to be our financial gain. :D
Xerion wrote:...Last not least, some of you might be interested in the fact that hooking up 2 sets of anothereyes works fine. So soon i'll be playing audiosurf together with my bro in stereo ;)
I so wish I had bought two of these, maybe there’s time.

Cheers

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Anyone else have problems ordering? I just tried to buy 2 and it just hung on the final page after I paid.

EDIT: I just tried again but with IE this time (instead of Firefox) and it worked.
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

I did some more research on this lately:

These line blacking would be realy nice, if
1) IZ3D gets out their interlaced driver
2) in (very limited) use with 3D drivers
3) if NV drivers for Zalman screen could be ... used
4) if you program your own games/videos for it

So my questions: how does it work with that dongle? Does it have an internal sync doubler? How fast has the monitor to be? Is 100hz enough?
Would it work with 8800GTX and interlaced? Would that NV driver have less artefacts with interlaced?

Aparently the price including Shipping to Germany is
$10 + 10$ shipping per unit + 25$ basical schipping...

- 1 pair 45$
- 2 pairs 65$ = 33$ per unit
- 3 pairs 85$ = 28$ per unit

I'm thinking of getting multiple units to have some in reserve or give them to others.
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

The sync doubler works in the over/under mode. There has to be a gap of black pixels between the two pictures. This mode has been added to the game in the thread here : Le Cauchemar - native stereo 3D supportSee the last post from phil on the third page. It worked fine for me at a resolution of 1280x1024 at 60 Hz. The dongle increased the resolution to 120 Hz.

If you want sync doubling to 100 kHz, you would have to use a resolution with a refresh rate of 50 Hz.

The sync doubling does not work in interlaced mode.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”