Dolphin Tale 3D

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Dolphin Tale 3D

Post by Chiefwinston »

It was another Saturday night at the 3D movies. Dolphin Tale 3D is a pretty tame made for TV family movie. I took a car full of young ladies to this one. A few of them cried during the movie. They were moved by the plight of the dolphin. The movie does have a big name cast. The young actors at times are not too convincing. The movie is rated PG. Wich kinda suprises me. Because its really not very far off from simply being G rated. I will give Hollywood credit though for a story not shown before. So hows the 3D? It looks to be shoot with stereo camera's. It is stereo light at times. But I do feel it was done competently and did add to the overall enjoyment of the show. I do wish they had used more underwater 3D footage though. Those brief scenes are very good in 3D.

Chief's score card:
Story: 8
Acting: 7
3D: 7.0/7.5

Final Score: 7.25

For the most part I felt it was an enjoyable night out. The theater was not packed and was really quite thin. This is one that can be placed in the wait for the rental catagory for many.
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Dolphin Tale 3D

Post by cybereality »

Nice. Saw the preview for this, but maybe it was too sappy even for me. Gonna check out Lion King tomorrow though.

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”