Piranda 3-D +2D hybrid disc and my Acer 27 inch monitor

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Piranda 3-D +2D hybrid disc and my Acer 27 inch monitor

Post by Silversurfer »

I wasn't sure about where to put this particular topic, in the hardware section or here so bear with me if I am in the wrong discussion section.

I've just replaced and external Buffalo USB 3.0 external Blu-ray writer for a plextor USB 3.0 external Blu-ray writer, because the Buffalo shipped with CyberLink power DVD 9 that needed an £80 upgrade to version 10 on top of the nearly £200 the drive cost!
Anyway plextor cost £50 less , also had eSATA as well as USB 3.0 connectivity, and a on and off switch (meaning you didn't have to manually unplugged it...) and last but not least its didn't BSOD Windows 7 64-bit each time the PC started with the Blu-ray drive connected. so buyer beware of the Buffalo drive!

Anyway getting back onto point, I get a blank screen but I can hear the optical audio perfectly when playing the above hybrid Blu-ray movie in 3-D via the CyberLink power DVD 10 version bumbled and upgraded via their website.

So I need some input as to whether hybrid 2-D/3-D Blu-ray discs have an issue with Nvidia 3-D vision hardware, especially when using CyberLink power DVD 10? The CyberLink support and forum suggest dropping down to 60 Hz and rerunning the Nvidia 3-D setup again but as you can imagine that had no effect at all.
my hardware and software also passes with flying colours their Blu-ray 3-D adviser software which you have to send as an attachment with their service request.
As this is the only Blu-ray 3-D disc presently own and having successfully use the monitor only for 3-D gaming I am reluctant to buy another hybrid Blu-ray 3-D movie, namely "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Blu-ray 3D + 2D Blu-ray)" until I can confirm and sort out this issue.

Am I missing the obvious, as you get two pairs of anaglyph glasses in the box in For the second featurette Blu-ray disc I've I purchased the wrong type of Blu-ray disc?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

PS I just remembered, I'm using a dual link DVI-D VGA connection to my PC so has this issue got to do with HDMI rights management and the associated obvious non-use of that video /audio from my Nvidia graphics cards?
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Piranda 3-D +2D hybrid disc and my Acer 27 inch monitor

Post by cybereality »

3D Blu-Ray should work. Maybe try buying another disc. I know I had problems with Tron: Legacy and then CyberLink released a patch. So make sure you have the most updated and patched version. Try to get the latest Nvidia driver (non-beta) and see if that helps. I had another issue where a particular version of the Nvidia driver would not work for 3D Blu-Ray (one eye was black).
mAchiNE
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by mAchiNE »

Try ArcSoft Total Media Theatre.
I was using Cyberlink Power DVD 10 and I had audio issues (No audio when playing BluRay) there was no apparent reason and no fix from Cyberlink, I googled the issue and found other people were having the same issue and those who contacted Cyberlink about it seemd to have had a poor response/service from Cyberlink.
I switched to ArcSoft Total Media Theatre and have had no issues since (although I have not tried BluRay 3D yet but it is supported) ArcSoft also plugs into Windows Media Centre (so you can launch BluRay from within Media Centre)
Current System:
Oculus Rift Dev Kit, 3x 23" Passive 3D Monitors in 3D Vision Surround, Novint Falcon, 3rd Space Gaming Vest, ButtKicker, Razer Hydra, Logitech G25.
Previous 3D Systems:
Viewsonic PJD6531w 3D DLP Projector, Vuzix VR920, 24" Alienware and 22" Samsung 3D Vision Monitors, eDimensional 3D Glasses with 19" CRT Monitor
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

cybereality wrote:3D Blu-Ray should work. Maybe try buying another disc. I know I had problems with Tron: Legacy and then CyberLink released a patch. So make sure you have the most updated and patched version. Try to get the latest Nvidia driver (non-beta) and see if that helps. I had another issue where a particular version of the Nvidia driver would not work for 3D Blu-Ray (one eye was black).
okay turned out that the trial version of power DVD 11 sorted the problem so it looks like any bundled version of power DVD isn't fully featured enough to cope with the latest releases (as their technical support suggested) and they want you to upgrade anyway so it's a marketing ploy.

Thanks cybereality
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

mAchiNE wrote:Try ArcSoft Total Media Theatre.
I was using Cyberlink Power DVD 10 and I had audio issues (No audio when playing BluRay) there was no apparent reason and no fix from Cyberlink, I googled the issue and found other people were having the same issue and those who contacted Cyberlink about it seemd to have had a poor response/service from Cyberlink.
I switched to ArcSoft Total Media Theatre and have had no issues since (although I have not tried BluRay 3D yet but it is supported) ArcSoft also plugs into Windows Media Centre (so you can launch BluRay from within Media Centre)

Okay machine I'll give ArcSoft a try in 3-D mode and see how we get on. It's good to have healthy competition as a gives market leaders like cyberlink something to worry about especially if they become complacent and expect us to pay £80 to upgrade bundle software to get the functionality you paid for in the first place.

mAchiNE
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by mAchiNE »

Silversurfer I can't reply to your PM because you have reciept of private messages dissabled
Current System:
Oculus Rift Dev Kit, 3x 23" Passive 3D Monitors in 3D Vision Surround, Novint Falcon, 3rd Space Gaming Vest, ButtKicker, Razer Hydra, Logitech G25.
Previous 3D Systems:
Viewsonic PJD6531w 3D DLP Projector, Vuzix VR920, 24" Alienware and 22" Samsung 3D Vision Monitors, eDimensional 3D Glasses with 19" CRT Monitor

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”