Optoma HD700x and ZD201 shutter glasses

foisi
Cross Eyed!

Optoma HD700x and ZD201 shutter glasses

Post by foisi »

Hi all,

(I'm new here and I'm French so please excuse my english..)

I have a little problem with my 3D setup :

- upgraded projector Optoma HD700X (3D-Ready)
- Optoma 3D-XL adapter
- ZD201 glasses (given with 3D-XL)

my projector is ceiling mounted and the distance to image is approximately 3.70 meters

The problem is that I must stand at about 2.5 meters from the projected image in order to get the glasses activated, if I go any farther the synchronization is lost..

Does anyone have a similar configuration ? Is it normal that the operating distance is so short (do I have to return the glasses to the shop and tell them they doesn't work properly ?)

Thank you in advance for any answers :)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Optoma HD700x and ZD201 shutter glasses

Post by cybereality »

Hmm.. I believe those glasses should work within that range. You might want to try different DLP-Link glasses, like the XpanD X102 which claim they work up to 50 feet.
foisi
Cross Eyed!

Post by foisi »

Yes, I just received 2 pair of ultra-clear DLP-link glasses from ultimate3dheaven, I will be able to try them tonight
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

If that's not already the case, maybe you should stop any outside light (ie. sun and lamps) from entering the room, I've heard that it can create problems with DLP-Link.
foisi
Cross Eyed!

Post by foisi »

I already tried in a complete dark room and it doesn't help. I was able to lengthen the activation distance by setting the projector lamp in its brighter mode but I just gained about 0.5 m..
Finally I was able to test the ultraclear glasses at lunch time, they sync with the projector (even if the lamp is in standard mode) at about 5~6 meters (which is enough for me) so I think I will return the optoma ZD201 saying they don't work.

Thanks
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Ah ok, that's nice to know. What's your experience with the UltraClear glasses compared to the Optomo btw, apart for the activation range do you find them better in terms of comfort, transparency, etc. ?
foisi
Cross Eyed!

Post by foisi »

I tested them for about 1h (playing WipeOut HD/Fury on my ps3) and I have to say that they are more comfortable than the ZD201 glasses. The ZD201 glasses, with the smaller nose adapter, always slide off my nose if I look down (maybe my head is too small ^^). I also compared transparency and I didn't notice a big difference.
I was thinking about another thing that may be the cause of the synchronization loss, my lamp ran for for approximately 1600 hours. Optoma says that if used in standard mode it can last for 3000 hours but maybe it has lost its initial brightness (I'm not sure if it is possible since they do not provide lumens/time graphs for the lamp)
I just bought a second original Optoma SP.89F01GC01 lamp (that may be shipped this week end or next week) but before I perform the swap I'd like to be sure it can come from it.
AntiCatalyst
Cross Eyed!

Post by AntiCatalyst »

ZOMG! i actually have an hd700x, but i didn't know that optoma had released a 3d-ready firmware :woot Back when the HD66 was initially released, Optoma themselves said that they wouldn't release a firmware upgrade for the HD65/HD700x(even though they're the same projectors hardware-wise), so i've never bothered to search for it.

Seems to bring 720p 120Hz in 2D as well. Nice!
"This is great!"
foisi
Cross Eyed!

Post by foisi »

Ok I installed the new lamp and it completely solved the problem :) the ZD201 glasses are synchronized everywhere I can go in my living room (as long as I look at the projected image of course)
Thanks

Return to “General Hardware & Software Technical Support”