How to get my 3D TV to "autodetect" 3D games

Own a 3D HDTV? Trying to learn about the latest and greatest? Post here!
Fasty
One Eyed Hopeful

How to get my 3D TV to "autodetect" 3D games

Post by Fasty »

Hi all, I just posted something similar on the iz3D forums but thought I'd put it up here too in the hope that I get this problem solved.

At the moment I own an AMD HD 4000 series video card and a 3D TV, and the only way for me to get 3D on my TV is to use the over-under or side-by-side options in the iZ3D drivers which is undesirable because I lose half the resolution.

Basically, when I want to play my games on my 3D TV I want the TV to automatically switch to 3D mode like it does with blu-ray movies or PS3 3D games. Does the iZ3D driver (or any other driver) offer this function either with AMD or Nvidia? If I was to research this further what is this ability called? Frame-packing? If I'm looking at upgrading my video card which would be the best way to go to get this "automatic 3D detection" function?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: How to get my 3D TV to "autodetect" 3D games

Post by cybereality »

You can do this if you buy a new video card AMD 5000 series or above or Nvidia 400 or above. However even then its not full resolution. Its only 720P, which is then upscaled to 1080P. Or you can use your current setup to get 1080P SBS. I'm not sure 720P frame-packed will look much better.
Fasty
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: How to get my 3D TV to "autodetect" 3D games

Post by Fasty »

Hmm alright thanks for the info!

Return to “3D HDTVs”