Testing both nvidia and ati 3d on my projector

Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Testing both nvidia and ati 3d on my projector

Post by Dom »

Hi, so i been off of 3d for awhile cause i have not been getting the realness it has to offer and also that my first gen samsung 3d monitor malfunctioned. Thank goodness i could get it fixed under warrenty so i sent it into samsungs canadian service center in vancouver.

Some people in the canadian area can buy the new samsungs from memoryexpress now, link don't work so just goto http://www.memoryexpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and search under monitors, 120hz.

Not sure if they are any good but from what the features are, it seems like a good choice.

So last night I wanted to try out ati hd3d on my projector. I never actually thought about enabling it since i have always had nvidia 3d vision working. For my ati workstation/music computer I use:

AMD x4 645 cpu
asus motherboard am3
ddr3 4gb memory
ati radeon 5450 dd3 512mb <----note this card has the capability to use "quad buffered hardware mode"

I used the dalforce registry code to try out and enable hd3d with my e-dimensional glasses and dongle through a vga connection. It works!

I was also using Sview 3d player to playback my 3d movies with and it works quite well to honestly say.
I did notice that ati hd3d does not blurr as much as nvidia 3d vision playback but the 3d effects on both systems still does not show the true 3d effect that i have seen before.

I have alot of spare computer parts around, like three different motherboard and dual core cpus, so i was thinking about putting together another legacy windows xp computer to use with an nvidia 7600gs and nvidia 91.31 stereo combo drivers. I really wanted to test the differences on each system being old legacy,nvidia 3d vision and ati hd3d. I'll have to think about this project somemore, but i sure would like to get to the bottom of the dissapearance of good quality stereo3d.

My main goal was to get hd3d working and i did, so if anyones got questions about it i could help you out. Its really easy to get ati 3d working with the bare minimum components.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Testing both nvidia and ati 3d on my projector

Post by Dom »

So i got my replacement samsung monitor back and its a brand new 2233rz first gen 120hz 3d ready monitor. So at least now i can finish playing mafia 2 in 3d.

I do notice that 3d looks more profound when sitting back from the screen more even if its a smaller size. I wonder what causes that effect? To bad there can't be that effect on sitting close up. I though z-depth info might be missing but maybe its the desparity or something like insert angles. Really nvidia should be making a setting that asks the user how far away they are sitting from their monitor to adjust for better 3d along with a special timing objective setting. In one of their interviews they say they make the timings for each display, but i am not sure its totally right.

Can someone recommend a good stereo 3d video or game that looks like it has high quality 3d definition.

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

The 3D effect is greater the further back you sit (up til a certain point).
Nick3DvB
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Nick3DvB »

Dom wrote: I was also using Sview 3d player to playback my 3d movies with and it works quite well to honestly say.

I did notice that ati hd3d does not blurr as much as nvidia 3d vision playback
I tested an ATI 5450 card with my projector recently, I also noticed that the motion looked smoother than with my nvidia 9800GT system. What quad-buffer setting did you use in sView for the ATI card? The emulated modes work on almost any graphics card, and hardware OpenGL is just for workstation class cards, so I guess you just leave it on the 3Dvision setting like with PowerDVD etc?
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Nick3DvB wrote:I tested an ATI 5450 card with my projector recently, I also noticed that the motion looked smoother than with my nvidia 9800GT system. What quad-buffer setting did you use in sView for the ATI card? The emulated modes work on almost any graphics card, and hardware OpenGL is just for workstation class cards, so I guess you just leave it on the 3Dvision setting like with PowerDVD etc?

Did you try the dalforce code to get hardware quad buffer working nick? Thats what i used and i get "hardware opengl" setting with shutter glasses in Sview. I also have windows 7 64 bit. Seems to work. I can use 3d vision on my other computer but i play movies with 3d vision player on that system. I have a 4 port kvm switch connected to my projector. So i can switch between the two computers on my projector in stereo3d with a button.

relaxman wrote:

In settings there is:

AMD HD3D Technology
(HDMI 1.4 OR 120HZ LCD display)
http://img822.imageshack.us/i/120eo.jpg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So it work with 120Hz display.

And yes, mine also work!
I installed win7 32 BIT, and 10.10 drivers with dalforce hack, so i have Quad Buffer even
with my dirty cheap 5450 card.
And in powerdvd with ati avivo acceleration, dualcore cpu usage is BELOW 5% for 3D MKV's.
I cannot believe it, but it's true.
So the trick is 32bit win, 10.10 driver, and registry hack.

happy watching

Can you watch blu-ray 3d movies too? I think that was the goal by billqs
to watch them on his htpc, I guess if you can watch stereo3d files then you should be able to watch 3d discs.

What button do you press to turn on the 3d in tmt 3-5 and cyblerlink powerdvd, cause I always have to press my nvidia dongle button to activate the 3d. How is it different with ati, does it automatically turn on when the movie is starting or something?

For the record htpc users might as well start ripping their blu-ray 3d movies to their harddrive for easy access. Thats what was done with dvd and bluray.

Also I found this info:

Did you allready tried to change windows registry to activate it?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0001

create DALForceStereoSupport parameter

REG_DWORD
value = 1

if you have \0002,\0003... then do the same for all these keys.

After this you should restart PC.

Cyberia on Youtube

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”