Question for users of the LG W2363D

120Hz or Polarized, this is the place to share your findings on what's out there!
Zetsumei
One Eyed Hopeful

Question for users of the LG W2363D

Post by Zetsumei »

I'm thinking about going with an tripple monitor 120hz monitor setup, and I'm thinking of going with the LG w2363D (why well its the cheapest of all the 3d monitors at 166 euro since there is a new model + high brightness and low input lag).

However I want to use a portrait configuration and for that its annoying that the speaker is in the place where it is. So I want to remove the bezel of the monitor (like i've done with my current monitor) and mount it using the vesa mounts on the back.

For this I've got a question to current users of the LG w2363D, when you look at back of your monitor to the vesa mounting does it look like the bezel just got some holes in it and you screw the vesa mount actually in something like a metal cage inside the monitor. Or does it look like the vesa screw holes are actually part of the bezel itself.

With acer monitors you can easily remove the bezel and connect it to a vesa mount and have very small bezels in an eyefinity setup. With my current benq monitors it requires a lot of work like having to glue parts together so i can mount it.

Another question is the optimal viewing angle the best in the dead center of the monitor or when looking down at the monitor from a certain angle?
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Question for users of the LG W2363D

Post by Synexious »

3D monitors don't work in portrait because of the physical design of the screen. Only projectors can be used for S3D in portrait. I'm building a triple landscape setup with Acer HN274H's and fresnels. If you use fresnels, you can create a seamless image without bezelstripping.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9POFJo6E1I[/youtube]
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

FPR displays in particular will not really work in portrait. I have tried it with my Zalman, and it doesn't work. This is because your eyes need to be on a specific vertical angle to see the 3D effect properly (usually this is near the vertical center). However, if you rotate the monitor into portrait, the sweet spot becomes the horizontal center. And since your eyes are separated on the horizontal axis, there is no way for both of them to be in the optimal position. Basically this means only one eye can get a clean image, and the other eye has lots of ghosting, which obviously kills the effect.
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

@:cybereality W2363D is 120Hz pannel (3D vision) please don miss understand it with D2342P- Don feel ofended ;)
AntiCatalyst
Cross Eyed!

Post by AntiCatalyst »

Still, its polarizers are probably aligned to the glasses to minimize light loss - Meaning that if you run the screen in portrait, you won't see anything through the glasses. And even if you did, it's a TN panel so it'd be horrible for portrait mode even in 2D.
"This is great!"
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

AH, my bad. Got the models mixed up. However, the screen is still polarized like AntiCatalyst. So the screen looks totally black in portrait mode, even worse.

Return to “3D Monitors”