Ghosting battle!!! Join us!!!

warface
One Eyed Hopeful

Ghosting battle!!! Join us!!!

Post by warface »

Hi, guys!

I know are you very busy doing our new beta testing - thank you again for being our friends!

We found interesting trick which may help all of us to overcome ghosting issue. Yes, we said about new glasses already, but this trick we want to present today is pure software - so, you can try it with us - and it is ver important for us to know your opinion.

Here the instructions (applicable for released beta only - 1.07.0027)

1. Install iZ3D driver
2. Run your iZ3D monitor and play about 30 minutes to be sure that monitor is warmed up
3. Create iZ3DTable folder in iZ3D driver directory
4. Put CMO350_10.bmp into this folder (You can download it here)
5. Go to Config.xml and set OutputMode to 3
6. Run driver and play game where you could see ghosting

Do you have any changes? Please give us you opinion
warface
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by warface »

If you are having issues making this work, we found a small typo in our directions.
Warface wrote:3. Create iZ3DTable folder in iZ3D driver directory
It should be
3. Create iZ3DTables folder in iZ3D driver directory
The "tables" should be plural.
Mel
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Mel »

warface wrote:If you are having issues making this work, we found a small typo in our directions.
Warface wrote:3. Create iZ3DTable folder in iZ3D driver directory
It should be
3. Create iZ3DTables folder in iZ3D driver directory
The "tables" should be plural.
Config'ed as you described, and all I've tried so far is Crysis. I switched back and forth between 'OutputMode = 3' and 'OutputMode = 0', adn I believe I can see, and I'm guess-timating here, about a 30-50% reduction in ghosting. Also, I may be imagining it, but I believe ghosting reduction is greatest near the center of the screen.

I will try some more games later on tonight or tomorrow, and I'll keep you posted.
warface
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by warface »

Awesome.....as long as you see an improvement, we're going somewhere.

I will assume that the change will be better for some and too subtle for others, but we shall see.

We appreciate the updates.
tentaclesex
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tentaclesex »

Where should I expect to find Config.xml? I don't have a file by that name in my iZ3D Driver directory.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Under XP, you would find it in Documents & Settings / All Users / Application Data / iZ3D.

I'm going by memory, though.

Regards,
Neil
tentaclesex
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tentaclesex »

Excellent, thanks. That sent me in the right direction. I'm on Vista, so it was under ProgramData.

That should probably be mentioned in the instructions.
Mong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mong »

Sorry no luck with improvements, it's very very subtle between the two ghosting images on vegas 2 and GTA SA.

Oh well it was nice of you Warface for trying but I think with the upcoming release of the new Dorky 8) shades will be the biggest ghosting reduction ever.
Last edited by Mong on Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Are you using the 1.07.0027 beta drivers? I couldn't get Rainbow Six Vegas 2 to work with the new 1.07.0027 drivers. This patch requires the new beta.

Regards,
Neil
Mong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mong »

Thankfully yes Neil, but I'm a bit confused with the two others (moscow350_10 & simple 22)...do I have to remove them from the iZ3DTables folder OR just leave them as they are. :?

Strange that Punk buster is still corrupting your game play Neil. When I discovered that PB was the problem, I immediently disconnected my PC from the net and what do you know!....it works like a charm. Phew! :P
Neil

Post by Neil »

Remove them. Use only the one found here:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/dloads/index.php?act=view&id=31

Regards,
Neil
tentaclesex
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tentaclesex »

I tested things out with World of Warcraft, and setting OutputMode to 3 makes things look pretty horrible. There is a sort of dithering effect that makes it look like I'm displaying fewer colors. There are these sort of pools of dank ugliness overlaid over certain textures, and they seem to be at the wrong depth.

The really strange part is that this effect does not show up in screenshots. I took some screens but they look totally normal.

I wish I could describe the phenomenon better, but it's difficult to put into words. Maybe I'll try to photograph it tomorrow.
Mong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mong »

After following the guide lines I still can't see any differences in ghosting, it's all the same to me. Bring on the new glasses, that should truly reduce it.

EDIT: tentaclesex I know what your talking about, it looks like the color display is set at 8 bit(256) really sort of a grainy look for a second or two here and there....back to zero for me! :wink:
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Hi Fellas,

First, let me say that we know you are all trying your best and we all appreciate that very much :-)

I have tested 2 games with this patch and both give the same result. "Need For Speed Underground 2" and "Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts" both look washed out, like when you adjust the gamma too high... I believe this is what is being described as low color depth - there is a stark contrast between the shades of colors because of the gamma variance and this is perceived as a large color difference in textures. Of course this is to be expected as I think this .bmp acts something like a gamma mask for front and back screens?

About the ghosting... maybe I am doing something wrong but I see a little more ghosting in the left eye in mode 3 than mode 0... it's hard to tell really. The right eye doesn't seem to show any difference in ghosting.

From what I can tell, i can't see an overall significant increase or decrease in ghosting, although the increased gamma is definitely noticeable.

If it would help, I could take a picture through each lens of the glasses with each mode?

-- Shahzad.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

In game gamma should set to 1.0 for better result and iZ3DTables folder should contain only CMO350_10.bmp
Stereoscopic Steam Group: Join now
ryan_yen
One Eyed Hopeful

Black screen problem

Post by ryan_yen »

Hi All:
I've tested the patch, but everytime when I change the OutputMode value to 3, the game screen is totally dark.
System doesn't crash, and change value back to 0, screen back to normal. Any idea?
Neil

Post by Neil »

Make sure the directory is "iZ3DTables". There was an error that didn't list the directory in plural form originally.

Regards,
Neil
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Re: Black screen problem

Post by KindDragon »

ryan_yen wrote:Hi All:
I've tested the patch, but everytime when I change the OutputMode value to 3, the game screen is totally dark.
System doesn't crash, and change value back to 0, screen back to normal. Any idea?
Which game you test?
ryan_yen
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Black screen problem

Post by ryan_yen »

KindDragon wrote:
ryan_yen wrote:Hi All:
Which game you test?
I've tested dynamic test in iZ3D driver, and UT 2004 also... situation are the same
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

You probably doesn't correct install bmp file. Please redo all steps again.
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Neil wrote:Make sure the directory is "iZ3DTables". There was an error that didn't list the directory in plural form originally.

Regards,
Neil
Please make sure that above is done, as that, or the missing bmp file would cause your error.
nathansteinke

Post by nathansteinke »

Under Windows XP, I so far haven't seen a difference in the ghosting. I have been testing on Call of Duty 4.
The Helicopter blades and buildings at beginning of level "Heat" (for example) show ghosting I was trying to reduce.

Here are my files and their locations:
C:\Program Files\iZ3D Driver\iZ3DTables\CM0350_10.bmp (Note: originally had a space between iZ3D and Tables, until edited per Neil's comment)

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\iZ3D Driver\Config.xml

The line in Config.xml is as follows (after my change)
<OutputMode Value="3" />

Can you please confirm these the correct settings and locations?

Thanks.
-Nate
Last edited by nathansteinke on Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neil

Post by Neil »

iZ3DTables should be one word. You probably have it correct - but just checking.

Regards,
Neil
ryan_yen
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ryan_yen »

Hi:
Thank you for all supporting, the patch is working right now. I put the folder in wrong directory...
I made a quick test with UT 2004, found the ghosting is weak, but not disappear yet.
KindDragon wrote:You probably doesn't correct install bmp file. Please redo all steps again.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Earlier in this thread, I said Rainbow Six Vegas 2 didn't work with the drivers. They do, but you have to turn AA down. I had mine set at the "8" level in this game, and this probably used up all the video memory and caused my problems. Works great now. The lock-up problem caused by the high AA was not driver specific.

Regards,
Neil
suchy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by suchy »

I've tested the trick in a few games and my results are varied...
Oblivion - seemed kinda worse, but I gave it only a quick look and there were all 3 bmp files in the iZ3DTables folder. Also dark colors were washed out.
Armed Assault - my best results. I've only checked on a bright day mission and there was definitely less ghosting, but it was still visible.
Gothic 3 - also good results. Somewhat less ghosting, but in darker places colors were washed out again.
BioShock - I'm not sure about the ghosting, seemed slightly less visible, but it could be as well placebo effect. The game is dark and colors were ugly. The fog looked like made in 8bit palette.
Condemned - definitely less ghosting, but again ugly colors as the game is pretty dark.
Sherlock Holmes vs. Arsene Lupin - way better. I haven't checked dark rooms, but earlier the ghosing was so strong that the game was practically unplayable in 3D. This fix along with auto-convergence made it look good at last.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”