A Visit to the Oshawa Museum (Tanks in 3D!)

Love it or Lump it - post your feedback to individual blog posts on mtbs3D.com
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

A Visit to the Oshawa Museum (Tanks in 3D!)

Post by PressBot »

By Neil Schneider

It's amazing that people will travel the world to find exciting places to visit, and never think to look in their own backyard.  The other week, my family came into town, and I decided this would be a great excuse to visit the local Oshawa Museum.

The Oshawa Museum has been regularly featured by The History Channel because it has a large collection of war vehicles and relics from World War I to the near present day.  What makes their exhibit even more interesting is that volunteer hobbyists called "The Ferret Club" take rusty vehicle donations, and work to restore them to operation.  These vehicles then get shown off in parades or help raise money for the museum by being contracted out for use in movies.  Most importantly, they are a testament to the bravery and innovation of soldiers present and past.

Read full article...
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: A Visit to the Oshawa Museum (Tanks in 3D!)

Post by yuriythebest »

yay tanks!
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Very nice material, but I can't help but feel some of the pictures look flat. Were these taken with the Fujifilm camera?
Neil

Post by Neil »

They were all taken with the Fuji W1 3D camera. However, the images were also run through an auto-alignment process with Stereo Photo Maker. In your viewer, you should be able to adjust the convergence to make them more visually interesting.

Regards,
Neil
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Why did you use the auto-alignment process, aren't the two pictures correctly aligned when taken with the W1 ?
Neil

Post by Neil »

Not quite. The Fuji has a problem where the images are slightly rotated from each other, so one image can be slightly higher than the other, etc. At first, I just did the vertical auto-alignment, but someone recommended to do the full algorithm which is what I have done since.

Any other Fuji users out there with similar experiences?

Regards,
Neil

Return to “MTBS Editorial User Remarks”