any pj/pj setup to sell?

Share your experiences and learn about big-screen 3D gaming.
blobbybob
One Eyed Hopeful

any pj/pj setup to sell?

Post by blobbybob »

i am looking to buy a active pj or dual passive pj setup. Not to sure about what to buy...
i am located in Quebec, Canada.
currently i dont have ps3/blu ray player but i might get 1 someday.
main use for now would be pc gaming. probably watching 2d movies/OTA tv.
i might go in 2+ steps on this project(limits on budget).
step1 : get the projector(s)
step2+ : the rest of the setup.
i saw the hd20(hd200x, hd200x-lv, etc). i really like the idea of 2 pj like that.Native WUXGA.
but just 2 of that at the price i saw, is too much. 688$CAD refurb.
i wish to spend less than 1000$ shipped(customs included) on entire setup(or step1 at least).
other option considering 1 projector: Acer H5360BD. not sure if i can get it somewhere in Canada.

can i use a "corridor" to have a longer throw? i have some stuff in there i could put pj on.
any idea of price the rest of setup?

i know that before i noticed flickering on CRT where other people cant see it. didnt like it. i watched avatar at
IMAX,like the Pop out 3d a lot(when i saw some) and i think i prefered to watch Tron at Cineplex(digital3d?). I think that because i move my head and that's causing ghosting. Any suggestions?Sorry for the long post.
Laptop: Dell Precision M4400 with nvidia quadro 770m 512MB video gpu 100 GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 4GB RAM.
Desktop: Amd atlhon x2 5200+, ati hd5770 1GB Card. Onboard Geforce 6150
Samsung 955df CRT monitor
Which do you think i use for gaming?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: any pj/pj setup to sell?

Post by cybereality »

The Acer H5360BD is probably your best bet, especially if you are running an AMD/ATI rig. Most of the 3D projectors are designed for Nvidia 3D Vision. I know some users have gotten certain models to work with the IZ3D driver, but I don't remember off-hand which ones they were. Though if you are willing to get an Nvidia card, you will have more options. Even so, the original Acer H5360 still seems to get the best reviews (although you can get some lower res models for cheaper if price is a big concern).
blobbybob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by blobbybob »

cybereality wrote:Though if you are willing to get an Nvidia card, you will have more options.
Well my onboard desktop video card cant work with 3d vision but the quadro fx 770m is on the 3d vision pro system requirement list, in the "Stereo controlled through USB – Windows Only" section.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision- ... ments.html

Stereo controlled through USB – Windows Only.

From the same page:
Quadro and 3D Vision Pro Supported Projectors
NVIDIA Quadro Graphics Boards and 3D Vision Pro support a wide range of stereoscopic projectors and display devices that are not 3D Vision Ready as well.
i dont know what it imply...

EDIT now i know, for the price of the pro kit, they give support. not buying a 3d glass & emitter that is more expensive than the pj i plan to buy....
anyway...what other option would you recommend to a nvidia card owner? and did you suggest active over dual passive based on price or on what i said about flickering/ghosting?
Laptop: Dell Precision M4400 with nvidia quadro 770m 512MB video gpu 100 GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 4GB RAM.
blobbybob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by blobbybob »

bought the acer H5360 as you suggested. still need glasses. Probably will end buying 1 or 2 Ultraclear dlp glasses from ultimate3dheaven. I can't find any canadian resellers though...i hate customs...surprise! gotta pay more! if anyone has a pair to sell or a better suggestion....I saw some really cheap glasses but didnt find anyone talking about: bb1-2 at 28$. Probably to cheap.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

At this price you won't take much risk if you want to try them. Also their characteristics don't look that bad compared to better known glasses like the ones from ViewSonic :

Blackbear1 BB1-2 :
- Weight: 56g
- Ratio: 1000: 1
- Transmittance: 40%± 2%
- Power supply: CR2032 lithium battery
- Battery lifesspan: 160 hours
- Price : $28

ViewSonic PGD-150 :
- Weight: 100g
- Ratio: 1000:1
- Transmittance: 35%
- Power supply: 2 x CR2032
- Battery lifesspan: 70 heures
- Price: $89.00
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Ok cool, I hope that works out for you. You should be able to play games in 3D using the IZ3D driver (either in 120Hz mode or IZ3D shutter mode). There may still be some sync issues, but its easy to hit a hot-key and swap the eyes with the iz3D driver.
blobbybob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by blobbybob »

cant get any info on if it work at all for my laptop...
so what do i do?
step1 buy a 3dvision, see if it work...
if not step 2 buy a certified displayport to dvi and made in pure gold cable adapter from nvidia, see if it work...
if not step 3 buy a 3d vision pro? no f* way
Seeing this, i dont want to buy anything from nvidia until someone confirmed it work with my specific model of laptop.

still waiting for a good option before buying glasses.
blobbybob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by blobbybob »

about the bb1-2 glasses i saw them at dinodirect. They have a bad reputation. Even at that price...if there is a good chance that i dont get what i bought, that's not a good choice for my 1st glasses. I mean i want to use s3d before christmas.

Also talking about bad shopping experience, i ordered 3 items online, 1 of them was the pj and ram(2 sticks, hopefully i will be able to do dual channel). Now my order is partially shipped, 1 shipment with purolator, 1 with UPS and 1 shipment is pending. i think some people went crazy because the canadian post strike.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Like I said before, your best bet is probably with the IZ3D driver. I don't believe the GeForce drivers are compatible with Quadro drivers. And DDD does not have as good support for this kind of stuff as IZ3D has. I really can't tell you if it will work for sure, but its a possibility. Just get something cheap like the Ultra Clear glasses, and download the free trial for IZ3D. Hopefully it will work.

Return to “3D Projectors”