iZ3D 1.07.0027 Beta Drivers Available on MTBS!

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

iZ3D 1.07.0027 Beta Drivers Available on MTBS!

Post by Neil »

iZ3D's 1.07.0027 Beta Drivers are out! You can get them in the MTBS Downloads section HERE:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/dloads/index.php? ... egory&id=8

Make sure you are registered on MTBS or you won't be able to get to the file. Registration is free and instantaneous!

These drivers include iZ3D, anaglyph, and dual output support (i.e. HEAD MOUNTED DISPLAY, people!)

Post your results HERE!

Regards,
Neil
Last edited by Neil on Wed May 21, 2008 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Nice indeed... I can't get HMD to run :-(
Well it works for the first monitor - the view shifts to the side, but I can't get it to display anything on the next monitor. I tried to get output to 2 different monitors to ... test the driver crosseyed. I set my nvidia controll panel to 1) single, Clone, and horizontal stretch.
It won't change anything... will I have to use the windows settings or did I find the first bug :roll:
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Iz3d drivers works with dual view in the nv driver. Be sure to have that.

Great work iz3d team. I'll try this the first thing with dual projectors! Thanks!!!! :D

edit: Works fine with dual projectors. Tested tombraider legend with next generation content and it looks really great (7900gt). Anniversary and flat out2 also works on the big rig. Tomorrow changing to the 8800gtx for a blast with newer games. :P

cheers
Last edited by Likay on Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Neil

Post by Neil »

Try dual output mode.

Regards,
Neil
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

From the manual, I see that there is an option for Side-By-Side as part of the installation. Does this mean you can use a regular monitor in side-by side mode and use the cross eyed method? ... or is this just for generating the screen captures?
Also, if you can play games with side-by-side, what output method would you use for this?
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

android78 wrote:From the manual, I see that there is an option for Side-By-Side as part of the installation. Does this mean you can use a regular monitor in side-by side mode and use the cross eyed method? ... or is this just for generating the screen captures?
Also, if you can play games with side-by-side, what output method would you use for this?
Side by side is the HMD mode, it outputs to two different inputs, one screen on each input. Not two on one. Works for Projectors, HMD devices, etc. Creates two seperate images on two different outputs to generate the 3D,

So, theoretically it may work for setting two monitors side-by-side for crosseyed.

LukePC, as mentioned you must use Dual View mode. Stretch is not the same, neither is Clone :)

It should be under something that says something along the lines of: Show each monitor separately(Dual View)

Also, please note that upon first use of HMD, or OpenGL you have 30 days for trial, then you wil have to activate.
As stated on the MTBS homepage, purchase plans will be available some time soon (Before the trial period it up)
So don't set your clocks ahead ;)

Hope you enjoy!
Mel
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Mel »

Is this the version with auto-convergence?
Canilash
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Canilash »

Does anyone know if this should work with the Vuzix VR920 HMD? It's connected by a single VGA connector and the output screen controlled by a usb driver.
I'm planning on buying one with a 8800 or 9600. When I have funds enough, and if I find enough evidence that they really work...
leadsinga
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by leadsinga »

These sound great!!! will they support a single VGA output for HMD???? I need ones that can run my HMD in Field sequential 3D stereoscopic VGA

Have it going using nvidia sterio on 8800 but its buggie so was kinda hoping that the new universal ones iZ3D were making would cover it :-)
Mel

Post by Mel »

Mel wrote:Is this the version with auto-convergence?
To answer my own question: Yes. But...

In Half Life 2, turning on 'Auto-focus' (NUM /) doesn't make any perceivable difference in the stereo effect. Does anyone know what it's supposed to do?
Neil

Post by Neil »

It is supposed to let you choose a setting, and as you play the game, when there are major camera angle changes, the drivers should compensate so it always looks good.

I'm not having much success with this yet - anyone else having results to report?

Regards,
Neil
Hugo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hugo »

Tested it with two "problem-games": Test Drive Unlimited and Richard Burns Rally

Both are running without any problems.

Is there a way to have both drivers - nvidia and iz3d (with iz3d, the nv-driver wasn´t
working anymore - had to remove iz3d)? ...would be nice to use nv for dx7 and gl.

Now, i realy can´t wait for the page flipping version! :-D

Have not tested 'auto-focus'...
Mel

Post by Mel »

Neil wrote:It is supposed to let you choose a setting, and as you play the game, when there are major camera angle changes, the drivers should compensate so it always looks good.

I'm not having much success with this yet - anyone else having results to report?

Regards,
Neil
Thanks, Neil.

In HL2, I turned on auto-focus and wandered around in an outside environment for a few minutes. Didn't notice anything at all.
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Auto convergence works best for 3rd person games, where the convergence point is the main item to be in focus.

For instance, in WoW, if you zoom in real close, adjust 3D settings, then set auto on, and zoom out, it corrects itself real well so your character doesn't double.

And Hugo, it is best to only run either iZ3D or Nvidia.
warface
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by warface »

Welder wrote: Also, please note that upon first use of HMD, or OpenGL you have 30 days for trial, then you wil have to activate.
As stated on the MTBS homepage, purchase plans will be available some time soon (Before the trial period it up)
So don't set your clocks ahead ;)

Hope you enjoy!
Your trial period will reset when the 1.08 Final Release version is released, so it's not 30 days from today.....it's 30 days from the release of 1.08FinalVersion.
warface
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by warface »

Mel wrote:
Neil wrote:It is supposed to let you choose a setting, and as you play the game, when there are major camera angle changes, the drivers should compensate so it always looks good.

Regards,
Neil
Thanks, Neil.

In HL2, I turned on auto-focus and wandered around in an outside environment for a few minutes. Didn't notice anything at all.
Auto-convergence is a new area for all of us. It is not very simple to succeed at; however, it is meant to be somewhat subtle. You should almost not even think about it after a while....but to really test it, you'll need to go out of your way to see what it does.

If you have a weapon that has a zoom feature, then you should see the front sight change it's own convergence on the screen. Like Welder was saying, if you have a third person game, and you zoom in on your player, the convergence should change on it's own.

We need your feedback on this feature. I'm sure it could use its improvements, so don't hold back. :)
maart
One Eyed Hopeful

Seperation less than 0.13%

Post by maart »

Is there a way to reduce the stereo separation steps to less than 0.13% something like 0.013% would be much better. does anyone know where these settings are stored? registry? I have a lot of VR projects in wich the 3D effect is way too much and I don't want to change the camera settings for each project we did the last few years.

Thanks in advance

Maart
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, maart!

This is stored inside code - but it is possible to do this - we did it Google Earth - pls contact me through info@iz3d.com with subject "iZ3D stereobase step scale" about your applications - may be we can do something.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, Canilash!

Vuzix glasses from our experience did not provide real 3D - they have some image manipulation to show 3D, but real left and right don't go into this device.
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

BlackQ wrote:Hi, Canilash!

Vuzix glasses from our experience did not provide real 3D - they have some image manipulation to show 3D, but real left and right don't go into this device.
They have left and right... The picture is only transmitted via Pagefliping, So you can use it with the Shutterglasses Settings in Nvidia driver. Or you are using the Native 3D driver from vuzix, then the Page Flipping singnal cames over usb, but the picture is still pageflipped
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, cirk2!

Am I correct that they:
1. send left and right after each other
2. buffer them somewhere
3. show them for left and right eye at the same time?

Then few specific question for understanding:
1. resolution and frequency? VGA has very limited bandwidth - count: 1680*1050*32bit*60Hz = 3.4Gbs...
2. memory for buffering - do they have it in glasses?
3. Any API do they have?
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

BlackQ wrote: Then few specific question for understanding:
1. resolution and frequency? VGA has very limited bandwidth - count: 1680*1050*32bit*60Hz = 3.4Gbs...
2. memory for buffering - do they have it in glasses?
3. Any API do they have?
to 1: Resolution is up to 1024x768 at 60Hz. Native display res is 640x480 (x2). The images in 3D mode are transfered after each other (1L,1R,2L,2R,3L,3R). The Information wich side is next comes via usb (see SDK) or the DDC-Singnal (Nvidia Driver).
to 2: The current picture for each eye is hold in the glasses, the newer (Prerendered) Frames are in the video card
to 3: Yes they have: http://www.vuzix.com/iwear/support_down ... ivers.html
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, cirk2!

Thank you for very useful information - we are not supporting any page flipping at the moment, but we are thinking how to do it and when. We started DX10 development for version 2.00, but for 1.xx generation of driver we may try to implement some flipping form.

Now we can run only glasses with separate left and right input (HMD mode)
maart
One Eyed Hopeful

sepperation steps

Post by maart »

Dear BlackQ
I noticed that in some games a lower sepperation step than 0.13% could be usefull, I just sent the e-mail to IZ3D I hope you guys can help me out before the next release. The driver seems to work fine with shaders! man this is so awesome, it will look amazing! I will post some screenshots here when I can get a nice 3D effect out of the drivers

Thanks in advance
Maart
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, maart!

I got you message - we'll discuss it tomorrow with details and I'll respond you
festilligambe
One Eyed Hopeful

New drivers

Post by festilligambe »

Finally a solution that worked with my setup. I've not given then a huge runthrough but after downloading and trying them for half an hour I had to post. I'm using a 19inch acer monitor, amd dual core 3.8 and nividia 7950 overclocked card, vista 64 bit version I quickly tried two games in anaglyph mode first biosock, it worked but the limits of anaplyph shows in this game when bright objects are displayed on a dark background ghosting is a huge broblem otherwise it worked with a slight framerate drop. I tried DTA san andreas and it worked great except I could nto get the mouse to work, may have been somethign that changed in a setting I have not played this game in about a year. Driving was definately fun. I'll have to hook up my projectors as soon as I get the polarized film I ordered. I'm off to play some IL2 hopefully with the same effect.
jumbo_spaceman
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by jumbo_spaceman »

Any word on support for shutter-glasses? :?:
MrHugoHugo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MrHugoHugo »

Hi guys,

I sadly have the same problem as LukePC has/had. One Display shifts to stereo the other one wont :( (HMD mode).
When I set it to clone mode, both monitors shift, but its the same picture (side) ... actually the may it should be in clone mode :)
I am using Vista 32bit 8800GTS 512. Monitors are configured to dualview (configure each monitor separately).
I tried all installing combinations like IZ3D + HMD + Side-by-Side, only HMD, only Side-by-Side ... (btw why is there an option for side-by-side?
It is neither working nor would it be different to HMD right?) and all output mode I have with vista (dualview, clone ... there is no stretch mode)

What am I doing wrong? I so want to get this to work :(

Is it maybe Vista with its directx 10???

Please help ... I waited so long for this day.

Thanks Antony
Neil

Post by Neil »

Whatever game you are running, make sure it's a DX9 game and/or in DX9 mode. The iZ3D drivers will run on Vista with DX9 games.

Regards,
Neil
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, MrHugoHugo!

What is you in-game resolution? What is the resolution of each of your two displays?
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, jumbo_spaceman!

Not yet - we are thinking about implementation and we need to provide sync - for this we need to have API from compatible with glasses
MrHugoHugo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MrHugoHugo »

Thanks for the fast answers.

I tried Crysis (dx10 under vista I guess) and Call of Duty 4 (dx9 i think) and Rainbow Six Vegas
which is dx9, right?

I put both monitors on 1280x1024x85Hz.

How do I set a game to run with whatever dx version I want it to run? I thought every dx9 game
would run under dx9 on vista automatically.
(I read that dx9 and dx10 are not downwards compatible like everyone thinks, thats why you have
to install a dx9 version under vista too; although dxdiag shows dx10 still)

if vista is the problem I gladly change back to xp for s3d!

thanks again
Antony
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, Antony!

I don;t think DX10 is an issue here. Can you try the same resolution for both display but at 60 Hz?

Another point - what is you in-game resolution?
Bo_Fox
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bo_Fox »

Hey!!! I just tried it for the first time (first time I've used anaglyph glasses in years!)--it works great for Condemned: Criminal Origins (better game than FEAR in some ways).

A few questions:

With the new beta driver, how do I change normal anaglpyh mode to black and white mode or optimized mode? The Config.XML file is missing in the program files folder, whereas I could edit it in 1.07 drivers.

I have red/cyan glasses and the red bleeds through the cyan lenses a lot when there is contrast against dark background (almost too much for me), so did anybody actually confirm that the darker red/blue is better than red/cyan glasses?

Perhaps IZ3D could try adding a mode for red/blue glasses? I'm confused because one IZ3D guy is saying that red/blue is better, and the other IZ3D worker is saying that red/cyan is better???

FYI: when I set auto-focus (auto convergence) in the game, it halves the frame rates while I did not initially see any difference (not completely sure, though).

And bring on the page-flipping shutterglasses mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Show Nvidia how much better you can do it!) I'd be willing to pay $20-30 for working, bug-free DDC-VGA drivers that work with newer video cards. And another $20-30 if it also works with ATI cards!
Last edited by Bo_Fox on Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8800GTX, 24" CRT (Sony GDM-FW900)
i7 920 @ 3.7GHz, Foxconn Bloodrage, WinXP-32 and Vista x64 SP2
3D shutters, 181.00 Forceware +162.50 S3D for WinXP

Other rig: 4870 1GB, i7 920 @ 4GHz, DFI T3eH8
24" LCD + IZ3D anaglyph, WinXP-32 and Win7 x64
staticbuddha
Cross Eyed!

analygh - Punkbuster dosnt like it

Post by staticbuddha »

Hi,

Just tried the IZ3D driver in COD Multiplayer and keep getting kicked sayng: use of unknown driver

guessing this maybe for dual screens etc??? anyone else getting this problem ?
MrHugoHugo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MrHugoHugo »

Hi BlackQ,

I tried that now. 60Hz same resolution 1280x1024 in Windows and ingame.. tried different
resolutions too ... still the same effect :(

I will install win xp now to see if that is helping...

Thanks anyway!
Neil

Post by Neil »

What is happening is Punk Buster is falsely declaring the iZ3D driver as a hack/cheat. Some games work, others don't.

iZ3D is working on a new architecture to get around this which we should see in version 2.0.

However, from PB's point of view, this is easy to get around - but there needs to be a willingness on their end.

Regards,
Neil
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

Bo_Fox wrote: With the new beta driver, how do I change normal anaglpyh mode to black and white mode or optimized mode? The Config.XML file is missing in the program files folder, whereas I could edit it in 1.07 drivers.
Select Anaglyph, and set OutpudMode to 1 or 2. Config.xml now located in
XP: X:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\iZ3D Driver
Vista: X:\Program Data\Application Data\iZ3D Driver
Bo_Fox wrote: Perhaps IZ3D could try adding a mode for red/blue glasses? I'm confused because one IZ3D guy is saying that red/blue is better, and the other IZ3D worker is saying that red/cyan is better???
Red/cyan is better. We Sometimes mistakenly called red / blue
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, MrHugoHugo!

Important point - do you have 2 monitors or 2 projectors - you may have problem because GPU consider considers one output as TV, not monitor ...
Neil

Post by Neil »

I'm afraid Rainbow Six Vegas 2 just locks up for me. The game ran with the 1.07 drivers, so something is wrong.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”