Nissho selling 52-inch, auto 3D TV with Full HD

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Nissho selling 52-inch, auto 3D TV with Full HD

Post by Silversurfer »

By Vlad Savov posted May 23rd 2011 7:18AM

Remember Dimenco? A four-man splinter group of former Philips employees, the company has been hard at work refining its glasses-free 3D display tech and today some of the earliest fruit of its labor is going on sale. Nissho Electronics in Japan is beginning sales of a 52-inch LCD panel that can pump out full 1080p of 3D vision without requiring any headgear from the viewer. Initially, this big lenticular display will target businesses, who'll be among the few to be able to afford the ¥1.7 million ($20,820) asking price. Other specs include a 2,000:1 contrast ratio, 8ms response time, 700 nits of brightness, and a 60Hz refresh rate. The 3D on this TV is actually described as a unique "2D + depth" implementation, which can also be used to convert 2D images in real time. Great, now take a zero out of that price, ship it westwards, and watch the sales really take off. Impress Watch
Nissho Electronics

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/23/niss ... full-hd-r/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Nissho selling 52-inch, auto 3D TV with Full HD

Post by Fredz »

Nice to see lenticular screens making a come-back, unfortunately that's still not affordable by mere mortals like us.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I don't understand. I can go to China-town right now and get a huge 4 foot lenticular 3D poster for probably like $40. Why do these TVs cost so much?
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

I guess it's for the same reason the Nintendo 3DS looks better than your DIY parallax barrier or the 3DeeSlide on my iPhone, it's a lot more precise than what we can produce ourselves. Or perhaps because if they announce a 1080p 3D experience, the total resolution of the display must be higher than 1080p, but I didn't find any info about that yet.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”