Who is manufacturing these Polarizing Modulators?

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
Amblix
One Eyed Hopeful

Who is manufacturing these Polarizing Modulators?

Post by Amblix »

Does anyone have one of these? Do you know who is actually manufacturing them?

http://www.tru3d.com/products/view_prod ... Projectors" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and

http://www.3dexperience.co.uk/RotatorScreens.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are obviously the same product with different stickers...
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Who is manufacturing these Polarizing Modulators?

Post by crim3 »

I don't know the answer to your question. But I wanted to say that it seems like a great product at first sight, if it works as advertised.
The problem is that you put together the cons of shutters and polarized, but on the other side it saves you from wearing shutters. Overall I like the concept.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

overall this is much better than LC shutters, but micromechanical MEMS activeglasses shutter would kill it.

don't forget you need polarization preserving screen , so with a better screen LC might be better again.
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Cool product, and could be very useful in certain settings (for example large presentations). A tad expensive, but I'm sure there's a market.

Return to “Do it Yourself!”