Razer Hydra: Dual 6DOF Motion-Controller

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
mAchiNE
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Razer Hydra: Dual 6DOF Motion-Controller

Post by mAchiNE »

can you post pictures of the boards?
Is it possibly that the IC controller for the whole lot is on the board with the buttons? so on the 8pin connector 2 wires are power, 2 are serial back to the base station and 4 are for the signal from the magnetic sensor to the IC?
Current System:
Oculus Rift Dev Kit, 3x 23" Passive 3D Monitors in 3D Vision Surround, Novint Falcon, 3rd Space Gaming Vest, ButtKicker, Razer Hydra, Logitech G25.
Previous 3D Systems:
Viewsonic PJD6531w 3D DLP Projector, Vuzix VR920, 24" Alienware and 22" Samsung 3D Vision Monitors, eDimensional 3D Glasses with 19" CRT Monitor
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

I don't think the sensor logic is on the button board, but I do think its serializing the buttons or something like that.

Just made a new topic with pics etc of the insides:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=14036" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
numu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by numu »

first post! so first of all hi at all and big ups to you guys for doing what you are doing!

so, i wondered, if maybe that wireless problem could be solved by letting the cables hang from the ceiling and use a sliding contact (fyi Schleifkontakt in german)..so if you turn more then 360° the cables unwind themselfes.. or are there too many cables/contacts?

fyi id like to use the hydra myself for 1:1 headtracking..

cheers and greetings
numu
Chriky
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Chriky »

It's just a single cable that goes to the base station that then splits in two, so it can't really get tangled up from turning. You would have to turn around lots of times in the same direction before that became a problem.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”