GDC 2011 Part III: Sony, Blitz, DDD, Starcraft II, iGO3D

Love it or Lump it - post your feedback to individual blog posts on mtbs3D.com
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

GDC 2011 Part III: Sony, Blitz, DDD, Starcraft II, iGO3D

Post by PressBot »

By Kris Roberts

While the press made it seem that the Nintendo 3DS was the most exciting development at GDC 2011 this year, there were additional gems at the show!  Today, I'll share my experiences with Sony, Blitz Games Studios, DDD, Starcraft II, iGO3D, and more.
Sony

When the expo floor opened I spent some time in the Sony booth checking out the Mortal Kombat demo they had running in stereo 3D.  It was fun, but the guy I was playing against was a lot better and knew the attack combos.  In spite of not doing so well with the game it was interesting to see the 3D presentation.

The environment and characters themselves presented a fairly static scene, while the distant background geometry and the fighters had good depth in the foreground.  As good as it looked, I'm not sure that stereo 3D really added much to this particular gameplay.

Read full article...
KrisRoberts
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: GDC 2011 Part III: Sony, Blitz, DDD, Starcraft II, iGO3D

Post by KrisRoberts »

The slides for the NVidia/Starcraft II presentation are now available! You can find them on the page linked above or directly here:
http://www.nvidia.com/content/PDF/GDC20 ... oscopy.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: GDC 2011 Part III: Sony, Blitz, DDD, Starcraft II, iGO3D

Post by Fredz »

Thanks for the Starcraft II stereo presentation, very informative. Now I understand why most games are still not perfect in S3D...

Return to “MTBS Editorial User Remarks”