help , viewsonic dlp 5112 projector 3d ready plus x glasses

Share your experiences and learn about big-screen 3D gaming.
amdec1
One Eyed Hopeful

help , viewsonic dlp 5112 projector 3d ready plus x glasses

Post by amdec1 »

I spent 230 us dollars on Ebay and no 3d yet.
I cant find the dongle vesa cable anyware, not avalable on website or online.
can I find a solution to get 3 d from laptop or blueray 3d player to work on my projector.
Includes 1 Universal Home/Pro Emitter + two tough, wireless Model X 3D glasses
http://3dtvreviewstore.com/3dtv-kit-for ... 2-glasses/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

what options are available to me, do i have to make a dongle cable?
Is the universal emitter i have any use?
How do I get the x googles to syc?

Help appreciated
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: help , viewsonic dlp 5112 projector 3d ready plus x glas

Post by cybereality »

Your best bet is getting the Nvidia 3D Vision glasses. I don't think that projector accepts the 3-pin VESA stereo plug. What it has is a RS-232 port, which looks similar, but is not compatible. Keep in mind you need either Vista or 7 to play games in 3D and 3D Blu-Ray only works on Windows 7 (and you need a recent Nvidia card to get real-time performance). See this page: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision- ... ments.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . There may be some support with the iz3D driver (if it doesn't work yet, then soon) and I guess that would be using DLP-Link glasses. You might also have some luck with DLP-glasses and software page-flipping using the Stereoscopic Player but it might choke with HD content (ie dual file left/right 1080P) and you may need to sync the eyes manually. This also would not work for 3D Blu-Ray, but could work for side-by-side content probably.
amdec1
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by amdec1 »

the RS-232 port is a duel port it accepts composite rbg cable to vga cable. its an option cable seperatly purchased i just realized in the owners manual/ for blue ray or any component outputing rgb component. so if looking at the 3dtv website specs there is a way to get 3d from computer. i need the dongle cable or drawings to build one.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

You might want to get these DLP-Link glasses:
http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/uldlpliwi3dg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They sync with the TV automatically and do not require any dongles or cables or anything like that. Not all content will necessarily work perfectly (ie you may need to manually swap the eyes sometimes) but it should work at least for 3D videos on the Stereoscopic Player. The iz3D driver may or may not work. They have a 120Hz output, but it seems not every projector is supported. But for $60 its worth trying out. Keep in mind I do not own a 3D projector and am just basing this on stuff I read in the forums.

Return to “3D Projectors”