Buckingham Palace scraps 3D royal wedding plan

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Buckingham Palace scraps 3D royal wedding plan

Post by Silversurfer »

By Joyce Lee , CBS News, 9 February, 2011 11:43

NEWS

Plans to broadcast the royal wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton in 3D have been thrown out by Buckingham Palace.

Buckingham Palace has dropped plans to broadcast the royal wedding in 3D.
Photo credit: edwin.11 on flickr

Patrick Harrison, Prince Charles's press secretary, made the official announcement in an email on Tuesday. "I'm afraid I have to say that we have decided not to progress with 3D coverage of the service on this occasion," said Harrison, according The Guardian.

Harrison noted that limited space at the Westminster Abbey wedding venue and relatively small demand for 3D were a few of the reasons behind the decision. "There are a number of reasons for this, most notably the additional camera footprint in the abbey, the relatively small (albeit growing) audience for 3D, and our desire to not be distracted away from negotiating and facilitating the optimal 2D, radio, photographic and online coverage of the day," he said.

For more on this ZDNet UK-selected story, see 3D Royal Wedding Nixed by Buckingham Palace on CBS News.

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/emerging-te ... -40091734/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Buckingham Palace scraps 3D royal wedding plan

Post by Fredz »

I hope they won't cancel 3D for the Albert de Monaco wedding either, that's the only reason I had to watch it.
gisabun
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Buckingham Palace scraps 3D royal wedding plan

Post by gisabun »

If i remember right, Queen Elizabeth's coronation was filmed in 3D in the 50s....

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”