ASUS G73JW-A1 17.3inch 3d 1080p gaming laptop - Very Solid

chronotriggerrocks
One Eyed Hopeful

ASUS G73JW-A1 17.3inch 3d 1080p gaming laptop - Very Solid

Post by chronotriggerrocks »

Had this laptop for a few weeks... I was doing a review for it and I just wanted to share some information

First of all, I would recommend this laptop to anyone who enjoys looking at 3d.

The 1080p screen provided extremely crisp visuals, especially when watching 1080p 3d movies. It was an absolute joy
to own for the small amount of time I had with it.
I had the pleasure of taking it on a camping trip, where my drunk and stoned friends couldn't believe we were playing mario kart 64 in 3d there.

The laptop also comes with a quad core, that's very fast for a laptop, and when on turbo mode it would often be faster than my quadcore at home.
Turbo mode bump up the core clock from 1.73 to 2.93ghz. ALWAYS TURN THIS ON FOR GAMING

It played the Dolphin emulator extremely well, I was able to play games in full 3d 1080p without a hitch. I was also able to sync my wii mote to the laptop lol and I finished
Super mario galaxy in full 3d 1080p which was a real treat:P

When turbo'd you could really get some mileage out of it, but you had to make sure you had it on a FLAT surface, don't be using this on your bed because it will get too hot
and the laptop will automatically slow down. But if you keep it on a nice hard surface... I was able to play 3-4 hours straight easily with demanding games without a problem.

The videocard

The GTX 460m is a very impressive card for a laptop. with 1.5gigs of vram it can really hold its own, especially compared to other laptop videocards. It is definitely not the best, but it is good enough to get some great 3d content out of this laptop. I was able to play alot of games in full 1080p 3d, especially older games worked very well.

However 3d is very demanding, but most games even newer games can be played with a great resolution and great fps.

I was able to play crysis in 720p on high 2xAA with a very solid fps in 3d.

I was very impressed with this laptop's performance, but remember you'll have to tweak it a bit to get it just right.

Some games for no reason the shadows wouldn't work, or maybe certain affects would clearly fail, but this was a very rare coincidence, or it could be easily stopped from happening.
(this would only happen when in 3d mode, alot of 3d pc gamers have faced similar problems. With the 3d mode off the videocard could run any game I played flawlessly.)

one thing I noticed was playing games in 720p, and having the AA on atleast x2 or more would look spectacular. It would even look better than resolutions a bit higher than 720p.

I played a few of my old favorites on this Pc in full 1080p 8xAA and that was simply amazing. Games like Bioshock, counter-strike and even racing games like split second.

There's one thing I can guarantee you, if your in the market for a laptop and u can spend around 1600$, you definitely can't go wrong with this.
One of my friends just spent 1500$ on a laptop and I believe he's a complete moron for not spending that little bit extra and getting a 3d laptop.
not only is this laptop 3d, but it has an excellent quadcore processor, tons of ram, great videocard, great harddrive, brilliant screen AND 3d.

So if your in the market for getting a laptop I definitely can recommend this one its solid in all areas.

Its around 1800$ everywhere online

But at amazon its 1700$ + a 100$ mail in rebate so its around 1600$ which is an amazing price for what you're getting

Here's the link
DELETED BY MODERATOR

If you have any questions feel free to ask me

Cheers!

Shawn
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: ASUS G73JW-A1 17.3inch 3d 1080p gaming laptop - Very Sol

Post by Chiefwinston »

:evil:
Last edited by Chiefwinston on Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

:evil:
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Cool, sounds like a nice laptop. Does it have the 3D Vision emitter built-in or do you have the USB attachment?

Also, when did we stop allowing links to Amazon?
subwoofa
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by subwoofa »

I thought the G73JW-A1 didn't come with a 3D Vision kit, or a 3D capable LCD display. Did you use an external monitor or TV, and if so, what cables did you use to hook it up?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

The op most probably only posted because of commercial interest. It's up to anybody trusting any of his statements though... Also look the other thread he made.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”