PLEASE HELP, i dnt no how to get my zalman to work in 3d

sajuuu
One Eyed Hopeful

PLEASE HELP, i dnt no how to get my zalman to work in 3d

Post by sajuuu »

Hello guys,

this might come to you as a suprise BUT i have spent almost 4 hours trying to get this Zalman to work on 3d and it's not having it!!!

i have a nvidia 295gtx, which is 3d capeable and have enabled 3d from nvidia control panel... ALSO i have ran the nvidia 3d test to see if your monitor is 3d or not, and asks you to close one eye, and choose what you c, and i passed that no problem...

BUT here comes the problem when i run batman arkham asylum, its all messed up even with my zalamn 3d glasses on, and when i view the 3d images they just look normal....

PLEASE HELP ME PEOPLE...
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: PLEASE HELP, i dnt no how to get my zalman to work in 3d

Post by cybereality »

Ok, first off you need to tell us what you have and what you are running.

1) Which Zalman model do you have exactly (22", 21.5", etc.)?

2) What kind of cable are you using (DVI, VGA, etc.)?

3) Which Nvidia driver version are you running (keep in mind there is a separate Zalman driver different from the Nvidia 3D Vision driver and this driver number should match your video card driver number).

4) Can you better explain what looks wrong with the image? Are you seeing a double-image (should look interlaced). Does the image look different if you put on and take off the glasses. Have you tried adjusting the monitor (tilting in forward or back, raising it up or down)?

5) What operating system do you have (ie Windows 7 64-bit)?

You can also try the iz3D driver. They have a 30 day free trial and will let you know at least that your computer and the monitor are working. I find the Nvidia driver to be slightly better quality, but the iz3D driver is good too. The DDD TriDef driver also works with Zalman, but it doesn't have as good support for games.
sajuuu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sajuuu »

DAYAM THATS ALOT OF QUESTIONS! im only messing, just wana thank you 1st of all for a quick replay... now

here we go:

1) Which Zalman model do you have exactly (22", 21.5", etc.)?

Zalamn 24inch (got it from Quite pc)

2) What kind of cable are you using (DVI, VGA, etc.)?

at the moment, got DVI connected

3) Which Nvidia driver version are you running

im running Version: 260.99 WHQL

and this part, i dnt no what it means.... so sorri:

(keep in mind there is a separate Zalman driver different from the Nvidia 3D Vision driver and this driver number should match your video card driver number).

4) Can you better explain what looks wrong with the image? Are you seeing a double-image (should look interlaced). Does the image look different if you put on and take off the glasses. Have you tried adjusting the monitor (tilting in forward or back, raising it up or down)?

in batman im seeing double images, and not much difference AT ALL with or without glasses, and the 3d images, the defaullt ones from nvidia, just look the same, with/out glasses

5) What operating system do you have (ie Windows 7 64-bit)?

running: Windows 7 64-bit

and where can i download these ized3 driver from...?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Ok, it looks like you are running the wrong 3D driver. The latest support on Zalman is this one (v258.96):
http://www.nvidia.com/object/stereo-3d- ... river.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You will also need to be running this video card driver (v258.96):
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvi ... river.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Make sure you uninstall all Nvidia drivers from your system first, then restart, then install the video driver, then the 3D driver. After everything is installed go to the Nvidia Control Panel, under "Stereoscopic 3D" on the left, click "Setup Stereoscopic 3D", check "enable stereoscopic 3D". Hopefully it should say "Zalman 3D Display" in the "Support Display Type" box in the middle. If it is not supported, it might say "Nvidia 3D Vision Discover", which is another name for anaglyph (red/cyan). From what I understand, Nvidia only has support for the old Zalman models (22", 19"), not the 2010 ones (24", 21.5"). However if it does work I would be very interested since I do want to get a 24" Zalman (kinda expensive though). Please let me know how it goes.

Also, you should have the iz3D driver included for free with your Zalman. I thought the driver CD would come in the box, but I guess you have to download separately. You can download the driver here:
http://www.iz3d.com/driver" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Make sure to do a "Full Install". When its done, set the type to "Zalman" + "Optimized". You can also use "Interleaved" + "Horizontal (optimized)". You may or may not have to swap the left and right eyes, so make sure you remember what hot-key does this. I don't think you will have a problem with iz3D, it has very good support on the Zalman.
sajuuu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sajuuu »

thank you sooooooooo much for your help, just downloaded all the drivers, gna uninstall nvidia curent drivers so ill let you no what happens

but whatever the case thank you for your help
sajuuu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sajuuu »

thanks sooooo much for your help, it works PERFECT!!!

although i didnt install the iz3d drivers

Thank u ever so much for all your help

Thank you
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Wait, are you saying that the Nvidia 3D drivers support the 24" Zalman? That changes things for me. Now I might have an upgrade path. If only the price would drop just a little...

Also, you should enable the "convergence" hotkey control in the Nvidia Control Panel. In the place where you enable stereo 3d, there is a button called "Set Keyboard Shortcuts". Click this and then check "Enable advanced in-game settings". Now you can adjust the convergence. When you are in a game, set the depth to something moderate, like 25-50% or less. Now hold down "Control+F6" this will increase the convergence. In some games you may have to hold it down for several seconds or longer before it seems like anything is happening. This way you can get an even greater 3D effect.

And I'm glad I could help.
sajuuu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sajuuu »

hey i have messed up...

1st of all, YES nvidia supports 24inch it was working perfect yesterday, BUT i like an idiot installed the iz3d drivers, and the 3d stopped working... :woot :woot

so i uninstalled zlamn drivers, and tried again, BUT 3d not working, so i uninstalled ALL nvidia drivers and just done a clean install, and its not working...

what am i 2do now...

sorry for the idioticness
Neil

Post by Neil »

The iZ3D drivers are probably conflicting with the Nvidia drivers. In the iZ3D driver settings, turn the drivers off (in the iZ3D control panel). You can only have one S-3D driver active at a time.

Regards,
Neil
sajuuu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sajuuu »

but i have uninstalled iz3d drivers... and still not able to view 3d anymore
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Strange. I have all 3 driver solutions installed simultaneously: Nvidia, IZ3D and DDD. Of course only one can be active at any given time (or you get double-3D or the games crash). But I have not had a problem with this setup. I simply have to go in and disable the driver I do not want to use. I am not sure why you are having a conflict, or why uninstalling the drivers did not work. What you can do is try using DriverSweeper:
http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Install it first, then uninstall all the Nvidia drivers the normal way, then reboot into safe-mode. From there you can run DriverSweeper to completely clean off any last traces of Nvidia from your system, I don't think there is anything left behind. You can also uninstall the iz3D driver now if it is still there. After this is done, reboot back into safe-mode. From there go to your services (Administrative Tools -> Services, or type "services.msc" in the run menu). There may be a service called "S3D Service (Win32)" (might be Win64 on 64-bit). This is the iz3D driver. It shouldn't be in there, but if it is you want to disable it. Right-click it, click Properties, hit the Stop button, the under the "startup type" drop-down menu choose 'Disabled'. Click Ok and close the services menu. Now go to Windows Explorer (My Computer) and browse to "C:\Program Files\" or whatever drive you installed the iz3D driver to. If there is a folder called "IZ3D Driver" then delete it. Now reboot back into normal Windows. From here you should be able to install the Nvidia drivers fresh using the instructions that worked for you before. I don't see what its is that would remain that could conflict.

Also, can you explain what you mean by the 3d not working? Does it appear the Nvidia driver does anything (meaning are you seeing a double image without wearing the glasses)? Are you seeing an anaglyph 3D image (red/cyan)? If you hit the 3d hotkeys (Control-T, Control-F4) do you see the green Nvidia OSD text displayed? Do the games crash, or are you getting any error messages? You can also go into the Nvidia panel and double-check that 3D is enabled correctly. First open the panel and uncheck the 3D option, then hit apply. Now click to enable it, hit apply. Now next to the "test stereoscopic 3D" drop down click the little arrow on the right, now select "medical test image". If anything is going to work, it will be this test. Regardless of the results, hit "Yes, I saw the square. Enable 3D". Now just hit the "Test stereoscopic 3D" button. A popup will come up. Make sure resolution is set to the native resolution of the screen (1920x1080, 3D will *ONLY* ever work at the native resolution or at lower res with no scaling) and choose Antialiasing Off. Then hit "Launch Test Application". You should see an Nvidia logo popping out of the screen. If this doesn't work after doing everything I have explained then I really do not know how to help you. There is always re-installing Windows as a last resort.
sajuuu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sajuuu »

THAKNS for your reply cybereality, i wont have time 2day, working on my uni final year project.... so will try wen i geta chance...

p.s. I NO OFF TOPIC BUT do u no BY NECHANCE anything bout PHP shopin carts...?

and thanks again
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

sajuuu wrote:p.s. I NO OFF TOPIC BUT do u no BY NECHANCE anything bout PHP shopin carts...?
LOL! Sorry, I don't.
sajuuu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sajuuu »

hey just thought id update you, my 3d monitor is goin bk, coz 3d not working at all, so gonna wait for a replacement now....
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

It sounds like it was a software issue. The Zalman is passive technology. There is nothing to "break". If it worked once, that means it will work always. So you probably would have had better luck playing with the drivers a bit more or just re-installing Windows at a last resort.
sajuuu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sajuuu »

true, true, BUT the monitor has a dead pixel, so its gta go bk lol
sajuuu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sajuuu »

hiya,

i have some questions plz... this 3d is starting to be a big mistake!

i have been informed that... becuz i have w7 it by default installs directx 11, BUT i need directx 9 to play batman in 3d... now can ne1 help me plzzzzzzzz
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

You can still play Batman in Dx9. Try right-clicking on the icon in the Games menu and choose "Play in DirectX9". If you bought it on Steam, you may have to edit the properties and set custom launch options for the game (but I do not know what they are).
sajuuu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sajuuu »

hey,

i just wanted to let u no that i ddnt get b-man to work... simply ddnt no how to install x9 on w7, so i installed gears of war, and that looks deadly in 3d, and to my suprise.... NVIDIA DOES SUPPORT ZALMAN 24INCH... im using that 2do my 3d playing.. :woot .

anyway ihave some silly questions on 3d if u cud ansa them for me wud be really helpful, ill ask 1 question at a time:

1) is there any movie converter for zalamn monitor or simply a media player that converts 2d movies into 3d...?

or am i going ahead of time here......

and thanks for all ur supprt so far, this forum rocks
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Yes, there are a bunch of programs that will convert 2D->3D for Zalman. The TriDef 3D media player will do this (the best deal is to get the whole experience package, including the TriDef Ignition driver which you want to have). PowerDVD10 and Total Media Theater 3 will also convert regular DVDs or video files into 3D. To be honest, the quality is not great but it does work OK for some content.

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”