NVIDIA Vista 174.75 Stereo Beta Thread

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

NVIDIA Vista 174.75 Stereo Beta Thread

Post by Neil »

Post your results here!

Regards,
Neil
Last edited by Neil on Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

Lol...I posted about this in the news forum 4 minutes before you Neil!

I am looking forward to hearing how these work for people with Vista and shutter glasses. I don't run Vista yet but I guess if this works well then I'll take the plunge. I hate Vista though, so unless it works better than XP and the older stereo drivers on a 7900 series card then I'll stay where I am.
chrisjarram
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by chrisjarram »

chrisdfw wrote:Lol...I posted about this in the news forum 4 minutes before you Neil!

I am looking forward to hearing how these work for people with Vista and shutter glasses. I don't run Vista yet but I guess if this works well then I'll take the plunge. I hate Vista though, so unless it works better than XP and the older stereo drivers on a 7900 series card then I'll stay where I am.
Extremely worryingly, in the downloads section it still says 'Zalman only'??? Surely, surely these must be fixed to work with shutters (like edimensional) now. If not I really don't remotely see the point. Sorry, but 3D on a 19" monitor? lmao... the zalmans for a start are just using cross polarizing filters - there have been monitors on the market for 5 years now that do similar but dont even require glasses.

Please, someone put my mind at rest and tell me NVIDIA have at least pulled their fingers out on this one! :)
Neil

Post by Neil »

I kind of goofed on this one, guys. :lol:

The nzone description speaks of the stereo support, but the actual stereoscopic 3D driver isn't included in the archive!

I'll see if I can dig anything up.

Regards,
Neil
valis42
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by valis42 »

FYI, I think stereo support is in 32-bit driver, but not 64-bit. Check the release notes on nvidia's site, 32-bit version clearly states that stereo support was added - 64-bit doesn't, unfortunately.

I don't have shutter glasses, but I'm intensely curious whether these drivers will eventually be able to drive my hdtv (its on of the 3d-dlp's). I figured I'd run the drivers in 3-d mode to see whether I could get a checkerboard pattern, or perhaps a page-flipping pattern.

Alas, I run vista 64.

Drivers are downloaded, and will be installed shortly (installing vista sp1 currently).

I'll post back with results, regardless.
valis42
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by valis42 »

Yep, don't see a stereo 3d option with the 64-bit driver. Bah!
Neil

Post by Neil »

Check the news NOW!!!!

Regards,
Neil
ssiu

Post by ssiu »

Can Neil please confirm if this is for Zalman monitor only (as the download description says), so that only Zalman monitor owners need to get excited about it? Thanks.
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

Seems that´s only for Zalman again, cause there is still no menu to choose the display type. Frack!
Vista x32 with 8800gtx
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

So it doesn't have anaglyph left?
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
Maggi
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Maggi »

Hi Neil,

it would have been nice, if you had put the word "Vista" into the RSS news headline as well ... :(

I was pretty excited, reading Official NVIDIA Beta Stereo Beta Drivers Out!, so I instantly came here to read the full news, just to find out that they are Vista drivers and on top, it seems they are again for Zalman only.

Ah well, probably MS gives 'em enough reason to support Vista better and let XP slowly fade out.

Nevermind, it could have been a great day.

Maggi
apogrif
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by apogrif »

Hi,
i just want to adress a special thnak to Neil and all the active team members for all the drivers release announce, the 3d reviews of game, and of course for all the help in configuration/installation/parameter/tips and trics.
thank you once again,
Apogrif
Wermin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Wermin »

I have 8800GTX, 64bit 174.74 fw and these new vista stereo drivers in 64bit Vista ultimate and anaglyph stereo seems to work fine with these.

Edit: Have been testing these for a while now and it seems that stereo works just in few games. There's no stereo at least in Crysis, FSX and GoW.
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

My previous post maybe wasn´t exact enough. Of course there is anaglyph, but thats no option for me.
Wermin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Wermin »

I gues these are the first drivers to date which has atleast that "no option" anaglyph working for the 64bit Vista.
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

No, last x64 drivers do work:

http://mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t ... c&start=75

Of course for x64 users it is nice. As i know nvidia has the first solution that works with vista x64.
I have xp32, vista32 and vista x64 running, so that´s why its "no option" for me.
Last edited by VadersApp on Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wermin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Wermin »

Gues I've missed those completely then. My bad.
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

I guess there won´t be any solution for all viewer types in the future again. I seems that nvidia added some code that asks for the display ID. If the code is equal to the code that belongs to a display manufacturer that pays nvidia for a license it´ll work. Zalman is first, maybe others will follow.

That´s capitalism ;)
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys!

Sorry if you felt a little mislead with the news. When the file went up on Nzone, I posted it as fast as I could because I didn't want to miss a good scoop! :D Then when I discovered the file was missing, I was very excited to get the correct update.

Unless you hear otherwise, Vista and Zalman only.

Regards,
Neil
Knasp
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Knasp »

Do you think we can expect a price drop on the Zalman screens soon? Seeing as the official drivers are finally released?
Neil

Post by Neil »

I have no clue about that. Sorry.

Regards,
Neil
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

So let me make sure I understand this...

The last stereo drivers that worked with the most games (using shutter glasses) used, at best, 7900 series cards with single core procs and Windows XP?

Now Nvidia is out with the 9000 series cards and still no shutter glasses 3d support for the 8000 series using standard shutter glasses or other non propriatary 3d methods?

We had a chance for 3d to take off now that hardware is being manufactured to support it from major companies but Nvidia chooses now to quit updating the driver? I hope someone reading these forums has a contact at Nvidia and can tell them how stupid a decision that was. I can't believe we can only play 3+ year old games on 3+ year old technology if we want 3d. :evil:
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Nobody is going to use 3d for a long time with red/blue glasses. Does anybody know when iz3d is coming out with drivers that support shutterglasses?
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

PRECISELY. Nvidia's stubborness to do this is, quite frankly, laughable. I previously downgraded from an 8800 Ultra SLi rig and sold it as there was no stereo support using shutters. I will NEVER upgrade my rig again until Nvidia pull their fingers out of their arses and realise they are MUCH better than just bending over for Zalman. It is completely absurd such a graphics giant would restrict such a critical technology to these (comparitively) shitty monitors, and they are shooting themselves in the foot as it is SO easy to enable shutter support an would sell a hell of a lot more cards. If they think I'm going to dig in my pockets and buy one of these pissy little screens when I can happily sit here in front of a high quality projector rig (incidentally I'm running 3 atm) they are comedians.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm sure there are many that feel the same way I do - this decision is insane. I have worked for Interactive 3D and Games companies as a software engineer for nearly 10 years, and if I saw management making such a rediculous call I'd be packing my desk up there and then - how disheartening!!

:cry:
chrisdfw wrote:So let me make sure I understand this...

The last stereo drivers that worked with the most games (using shutter glasses) used, at best, 7900 series cards with single core procs and Windows XP?

Now Nvidia is out with the 9000 series cards and still no shutter glasses 3d support for the 8000 series using standard shutter glasses or other non propriatary 3d methods?

We had a chance for 3d to take off now that hardware is being manufactured to support it from major companies but Nvidia chooses now to quit updating the driver? I hope someone reading these forums has a contact at Nvidia and can tell them how stupid a decision that was. I can't believe we can only play 3+ year old games on 3+ year old technology if we want 3d. :evil:
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

I was hoping to show thousands of gamers what it was like to play games in 3d at this years QuakeCon in Dallas.

If gamers knew that they could potentially play games in 3d by buying an Nvidia card but couldn't if they bought an ATI card then I am sure most would ignore any minor performance issues and buy the card that left them the most options in the future.

Nvidia is running out of time because the spurt in hardware and recent interest due to Beowulf in 3d is going to fade.

If anyone knows how to "tweak" the Nvidia drivers into fooling them to think you have a Zalman monitor, please let us know. I haven't found anything on how monitors report to windows what monitor ID they have in order to intercept or change this.
zebrastealer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by zebrastealer »

Buy an IZ3d monitor and forget about NVIDIA's lack of support....I mean if you sold a SLI 8800 GTX Ultra rig you surely lost money in the sale - probably close to what it would have cost to buy an IZ3D monitor. Hey I was in your shoes as well, I have a home-built 22 inch widescreen planar type setup that I finally gave up on in favor of the IZ3D with their great drivers. Yep, it cost $699 bucks but it was worth it.
Damn! I just realized I am one of the first Users on MTBS3d. Joined April 2007 - the month after MTBS3d first opened its doors.

Occulus Rift dev kit, waiting for the release version or a good screen hack....
3 x 24 inch monitors running nVidia surround 3d
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

I would never be able to downgrade my 6 foot diagnal screen that sits 5 feet in front of me and perfectly simulates the 45 degree FOV that you would see out of the front of an airplane or race car in 3d thanks to a DLP projector. A 22 inch widescreen sitting on a desk is not immersive enough. People get car/air sick in my setup.

I also have no ghosting whatsoever. From what I have heard, you still get some ghosting on zalman.
apogrif
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by apogrif »

hi all,
i have just bought a zalman m220w and a new graphic card 8800 GTS 512
tomorrow i ll update my config with dual boot XP/VISTA (i ll post a thread on a working method this week end) but i need to get some information about the "real good install method of the nvidia driver"
please could you describe the step to make the dream S3D comes true with this zalman and vista please ?

thank for your help
Apogrif

ps: i m french so please forgive my poor english i do my best ;)
Neil

Post by Neil »

Install the Forceware first. Then install the NVIDIA Vista stereo driver found on this site. Reboot your computer with each driver install.

Then in the driver, activate it - and you are good to go!

Regards,
Neil
alcovitch
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by alcovitch »

Well I tried the 175.74 Vista 64 bit forceware drivers + the 175.75 stereo drivers and it's a no go dispite others claiming to get anaglyph to work. The stereo drivers wont even install on my rig. What happens is, it gives me the promps to install, I see that it extracts the files and stuff, then the installer askes me if I want to create shortcuts of the control panel and 3Dviewer. After you click next, it simply gives you the message that the drivers were installed sucessfully without doing anything. After a reboot there is no 3Dstereo options and the link thats placed on the desktop for the 3Dstereo control panel comes up as a dead shortcut and I'm asked if I want to delete it.

I've tried the 174.74/75/76 Stereo drivers and they all do the same.

Someone mentioned that the Stereo RC1 driver works, however the download section doesn't let you download it. if you click on the link for the RC1 stereo driver, you get directed to a page with chinese characters.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to get this working on Vista 64 bit?
Neil

Post by Neil »

It's getting fixed. Give it 5 minutes and you are good to go!

Regards,
Neil
zebrastealer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by zebrastealer »

All the more reason to buy the IZ3D chris - their next software driver release should support dual projector configurations and you can't do all your computer work on you projector can you? At least IZ3D seems to have top notch driver development and the monitor is nice (as far as 22 inch monitors go). Get the IZ3D monitor and you get the driver too - which I assume you'll be able to use with your other stereoscopic solutions.
Damn! I just realized I am one of the first Users on MTBS3d. Joined April 2007 - the month after MTBS3d first opened its doors.

Occulus Rift dev kit, waiting for the release version or a good screen hack....
3 x 24 inch monitors running nVidia surround 3d
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

What about PLANAR stereo type.... anybody has tried if it works? (I asume that not). I have WIndows XP, and only will install VISTA if it has support for Planar or Shutterglasses. I am not agree to buy another "system" (monitor + VISTA) to see stereo3d only because Nvidia want some more money. A lot of prize to pay, and using ZAlman monitor seem to be not a better experience than using PLANAR type, so why to downgrade quality?. More game compatibility?, more stereo3d options in the driver?, an espectacular 3d effect with zalman monitor?, big framerates with VISTA?.... what is the reason to forme this change? (ok, the money we pay for them, but is there another good for us?).
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

You might want to discuss a little in this thread: http://mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=7106#7106

You are using your settup more than I use planar, so you might be better in explaining things, than I am :oops:
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

zebrastealer wrote:All the more reason to buy the IZ3D chris - their next software driver release should support dual projector configurations and you can't do all your computer work on you projector can you? At least IZ3D seems to have top notch driver development and the monitor is nice (as far as 22 inch monitors go). Get the IZ3D monitor and you get the driver too - which I assume you'll be able to use with your other stereoscopic solutions.
Does seem like a thought. In terms of other computer work, I have a triple Dell Ultrasharp rig on one (analog) tripleheadtogo for this - but this is on a different machine anyway. My gaming rig is completely dedicated as it is being used with a $5k simulator, as well as being an HD playback device for a 42" 1080p panel :)

So, can you tell me a little more about the iz3d? I don't care so much about the cost so long as I can get the support - does this work well? I am not using multiple projectors in a passive configuaration, I am using 3 * Sharp XR-10x's on a TH2G digital with eDimensional glasses. Do these drivers support such a configuration do you know? I would certainly ver much welcome the prosect of an alternative, especially if I can run out and buy one of these great new 9800 gx2's!

Sorry to clutter this thread slightly.
apogrif
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by apogrif »

I have install vista and myu 8800 gts 512 with the official forceware 169.25.
do i need to install another forcewre(most recent beta 174.4 ) to be able to install the stereo forceware from your download section ?
alcovitch
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by alcovitch »

Neil wrote:It's getting fixed. Give it 5 minutes and you are good to go!

Regards,
Neil
Well, now the RC1 drivers aren't on the download section anymore. Just the 174.74 drivers. Sigh, I guess I'll just have to keep waiting.
alcovitch
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by alcovitch »

Does anyone still have the RC1 stereo drivers for me to give a shot? I'd like to at least try some more recent games with Anaglyph. Damn 64 bit! causing stereo 3D issues :P
Xerion

Post by Xerion »

The so-called stereo "drivers" are just the control panel (a new one granted) and the settings to enable stereo in the forceware drivers, where the real functionality is, just like it always was. On XP when forceware 174.74 is installed I can no longer run stereo at all, so with vista support they killed the xp support or so it seems. This is the case with 162.50 stereo "drivers" and also the 174.75 drivers which are supposedly for vista but can be manually installed on xp, seeing as they aren't really drivers at all.
Current Rig: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0GHz, 6 GB ram, Geforce GTX670 -> Nvidia 3D Vision on LG 47LM615S (interlaced, spoofing Zalman EDID) + Oculus Rift
Control Peripherals: Novint Falcon, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, XBOX 360 Controller, Wiimote, Saitek X52 Pro (flight control system), Logitech G27 (racing wheel), Logitech G15 (keyboard), Razer Naga Molten Edition (mouse)
nubie
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nubie »

Xerion, can you post exactly what you did?

Do you mean to say the sedonadisable hack doesn't work at all in the new drivers? http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=32542

I think I am on the 162.50 drivers and I sedonadisabled just like I always do.
CAVE, see what all the fuss is about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NN5JKlIi0

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”