Making a 3D video using Cinema 4D/Maya

MxT333
One Eyed Hopeful

Making a 3D video using Cinema 4D/Maya

Post by MxT333 »

Hey I would like to know if anyone knows what the most effective and efficient way in making a 3D video using such programs as Cinema 4D or Maya.
I did some internet searching but nothing interesting.

Trying to create a simple 3d animation such as the Nvidia Stereoscopic Setup Video. (rotating logo) :shutter :ugeek:

THX in advance! :D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Making a 3D video using Cinema 4D/Maya

Post by cybereality »

The basic idea is to create a node (dummy object or whatever) and add two cameras as children of that node. Arrange the cameras so they are slightly apart on the X axis, about 65mm if possible. Of course you might be going for hyper-stereo, or you may not have a predefined scale, so you can do this by eye if necessary. Then you simply animate the parent node for any camera movement. You may also want to create a focus node, then have each camera locked to look at that node. This will allow you to animate the focus (convergence) on the fly. Then you would have to render the scene twice, once for each camera. I think this setup should work alright, but I admittedly never attempted to do this.
MxT333
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MxT333 »

UMM wow :woot
it shouldnt be that hard haha. But that could also have the best result.
Okay so then after rendering the 2 video's (one from each eye)
How would I be able to make the proper effect of rendering both together.
Thanks for you help cybertron!
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

If you want to create stereo 3D animations at a low cost you can also use Blender, which is free. Here is a video tutorial about stereo rendering using Blender :
http://www.vimeo.com/15671492" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zerofool
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zerofool »

OR, if you're too lazy to set up your own camera rigs and have some spare cash you can use SVI plug-ins.
nV 3DTV Play, Geo-11, Tridef on 2014 55" Samsung H7000 (aka H7150) @ 1080p60 Checkerboard-3D | Valve Index | RTX 2080Ti, i7-6700K, 32GB 3200CL14, 1+2TB SSDs | Win10 v2004 | DAN A4-SFX | G27
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

After you have the two renders then use Stereo Movie Maker to compile them into a side-by-side, anaglyph or whatever 3D format you need.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”