7-inch 3D Monitor Naked Eye Without Glasses

Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

7-inch 3D Monitor Naked Eye Without Glasses

Post by Okta »

http://lilliputsz.en.ec21.com/7_inch_3D ... 51093.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.wholesaleeshop.com.au/USB-Mo ... onitor.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This look interesting. If it wasnt so much i would get one to play with as it could make a nice HMD :) The biggest drawback (aside form half res) is that its usb only, i take this as meaning it isnt 3d accelerated and cant run games? Anyone played with a usb monitor?

Hmm, HMD with thripplehead2go anyone :) (if only it wasnt usb)
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: 7-inch 3D Monitor Naked Eye Without Glasses

Post by PalmerTech »

extremely low res, L like you said. :( 800x480 split in half is no fun.

And I have never tried running games on one, but I know the USB monitor my friend uses has a 50ms lag between the video and the sound when he uses it for youtube. Not a problem for photos, or a toolbar, or a chatroom or something, but not useful for video.

I would love to see a review of one of these things.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: 7-inch 3D Monitor Naked Eye Without Glasses

Post by cybereality »

Interesting product, but it seems to have limited uses. I don't think you can utilize the GPU on a USB connection, so this would be software only (no games). And for the price, $325, you can get a real 3D solution like the Zalman, VR920, IZ3D, etc. I mean, it might be useful to display 3D photos or for some custom 3D HUD for widgets or something. But it doesn't look like it could be used for 3D games or videos, which totally sucks. I don't think the resolution is horrible, it would probably be OK for a lot of stuff. If it were cheaper I might want to get one just for kicks, but at that price its just too much for a limited device.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”