Christmas Carol 3D & Space Station 3D

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Christmas Carol 3D & Space Station 3D

Post by Dom »

I just recently got two new blu-ray 3d movies to try out. I could watch Space Station 3d on my nvidia pc but had some weird degradation to it. And Christmas Carol would not play at all. This was using total media theatre, seems like it is finiky with some titles.

Anyways I am now blu-ray3d ripping my discs to my harddrive using DVDFab 8.0. This program is real easy to use and you can make good 100% resolution backups to your hardrive. The program cost 50 dollars and has a free trial but the downside to ripping 70GB is that its taken me already 3 hours for 50 percent completion. So hopefully I will be able to watch these 3d movies in an .MKV format in Nvidia 3d vision player without any interuptions.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Christmas Carol 3D & Space Station 3D

Post by cybereality »

I have Space Station 3D. It was pretty cool. Didn't have any problems with TMT3.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

I finally got my movies playing better off the blu-ray discs with Roxio Cineplayer bd with 3d player. The ripped files were ok and played but I like to play off the disc mostly. It was strange though cause these discs never played at the start and cineplayer was erroring or something with the menus but now works after tinkering around with it. I'm not used to having to experiment with the software playback so much. And I was also using dvdfab passkey for anti hdcp and now am using anydvd which I believe might be a better encyrptor.

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, I still have problems with the menus. They are really choppy and slow, but once I get into the actual movie it seems to be OK. I think I will need to buy a new Nvidia card to fix this (I already overclocked my CPU and it only helped so much).
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

So now when I try and watch Christmas Carol on my projector cineplayer wants to shoot my screen res up to 1600x1200 in fullscreen and also lock the screen into fullscreen without being able to exit or even have any playback, stop fuctions. My projector is only 1280x768 @85hz and it worked perfect with cloudy with a chance of meatballs on TMT3 but now its like it don't want to play right. I don't know if its Nvidia, hdcp, or the playback software, or my hardware.

I do need to get a new 3d ready projector and am looking to get one soon, but surely there should not be issues unless this new format is bug ridden.

I also been having trouble connecting to my projector with nvidia control panel rightly. Now the only way to switch to display 2 (projector) is to extend display then switch res to 800x600 and then switch to primary display 2 (projector) I remember nvidia drivers doing this before and sure makes me mad cause it seems like they always forget to switch the new display to 800x600 not the recomended or native resolution. And since I have my edid on my projector disabled the recomended res is 2060x 1900 or something so its way out of range.

A 3d projector will probably solve this issue but it seems like I could manage perfectly before.

Cyberia on Youtube

taz291819
Cross Eyed!

Post by taz291819 »

cybereality wrote:Yeah, I still have problems with the menus. They are really choppy and slow, but once I get into the actual movie it seems to be OK. I think I will need to buy a new Nvidia card to fix this (I already overclocked my CPU and it only helped so much).
I recently bought a GT240 for $80, it does full hardware acceleration for 3D-BD. It's the only 200-series card that does it.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

taz291819 wrote: I recently bought a GT240 for $80, it does full hardware acceleration for 3D-BD. It's the only 200-series card that does it.
Yeah, I could go that route but then I couldn't really play games with it. And I just bought Metro2033 for $10, so I need a decent GPU.
Reveers3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Reveers3D »

Sorry to hear about all your troubles playing back on the PC. I only have ATI video cards in my machines at this time, and afaik an Nvidia won't do me much good for my Sammy 3D HDTV.

However I do have Christmas Carol 3D and have watched it through the PS3 on the Samsung.

This was my first experience with 3D content at home on the TV, having seen 3-4 in the theaters including Avatar, Toy Story 3 and Legend of the Guardians: Owls of Ga'Hoole.

My first impression was that the images do not pop out of the screen. The more I watched, the more I realized that the subtley lies in the depth that the TV can create, allowing you to see further back into the picture. Should be common sense right? Not always so. So once I got to this realization, I enjoyed the movie quite a bit.

Small effects, like particles of snow falling right at the front of the screen with the movie still happening in the back are very well done and stand out as quite realistic. Fast moving sequences with things coming at the screen end up appearing blurry and not crisp like you would hope.

Ghosting was not a huge issue on this movie and the pictures always seemed to be in focus. I also had to play with the backlighting and such to reach a comfortable level as it seemed kind of dark at first (I was watching in a dark room at night).

So that's it. I liked it, good first experience and left me hopeful for more... Until I borrowed Legend of the Guardians from a friend, but that's a story for another thread!

Good forum here, it may get me into some S3D gaming yet.
HDTV: Samsung PN50C7000 Plasma 3D HDTV - 1 pair Samsung LCD shutter glasses
3D Source & Blu-Ray Player: Sony PS3
PC: Dell XPS 730X w/ ATI HD4870x2, 6GB ram, DVI-HDMI out to HDTV
Receiver: Onyko TX-SR605 w/HDMI passthrough
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

So after trying all the available bluray 3d software players I found one that works and its cyberlink's 3d player. Its just that getting anti hdcp is such a rip off from slysoft. They want over 120 bucks for a 3 meg program that probably a simple registry edit could override the hdcp. Its sad sly soft has to reap their costumers wallet for a software hack. Whats 120 dollars times 1 million? Far to much if you ask me. They should be slammed with a lawsuit for pirating copy protection to get them at their bank account.

Anyways I am glad I can watch my 3d movies but still they need to give way more 3d detail to the movies. I really don't think their cameras are spaced far enough apart and it won't help moving the separation with software playback. Its like a redundant feature if the content is locked at certain static settings.

Cyberia on Youtube

Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

A good deal is probably the license fee for hdcp compability going straight to intel corporation....
Peter Wimmer (author of stereoscopic player) said somewhere that bluraysupport will only be implemented sometime in the future because of insane high license fees.
New times boys, new times....
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Well I have a GTX 470 now, so there are no problems with choppy playback. HDCP is still a PITA. Sucks that the studios won't let me watch my own movies on my own monitor. And Slysoft is just as much of a scam. I mean, the whole thing is like its run by the mafia. Ironically if you rip the Blu-Ray and just play the iso, then there are no problems. So the studios basically force people to become pirates if they want to use their own equipment. When will they learn?
gixer
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gixer »

hi all have been using total media theatre 5 and have had no probs using it.was also using power dvd 10 but purchased arcsofts cos you can adjust the 3d effect when watching 3d blu-rays which power dvd 10 does not
gixer
asus m4n75td-sli mobo.amd phenom 11 x4 955 black edition @3.2ghz.4 gig 1333 mhz ram.zotac gtx 560 ti and gts 450 dedicated physx.samsung 500gb hard drive.samsung 8x blu-ray and coolermaster bronze 80 650w powersupply with 52 amps on the 12v rail

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”