Blu-Ray PC drives and Blu-Ray 3D discs

Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Blu-Ray PC drives and Blu-Ray 3D discs

Post by Gae43 »

I'm thinking about buying myself a Blu-Ray drive specifically to watch some Blu-Ray 3D discs. It's not that simple though. As I only have an Infocus X1 with shutter glasses, my question is this. Can Blu-Ray 3D discs be viewed in interlaced mode and then viewed via shutter glasses in software like Truetheatre etc or is it possible to view the movie in side by side mode on your PC and then capture it on another one?
All I want to do is watch some of the Blu-Ray 3D movies, in decent quality, even if it's at a lower resolution.
I currently watch all my 3D clips at 1024 x 768 res on the Infocus X1 and I'm very happy with the quality.
Any advice would be great.

Gae43
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Blu-Ray PC drives and Blu-Ray 3D discs

Post by cybereality »

Your best bet is trying to play them back in interlaced and then using the "line-blanking" feature on your 3D dongle to convert that to page-flipped. If you can use the iz3D drivers in interlaced mode on your setup, then TMT3 in interlaced mode should work as well. Keep in mind that you will either have to buy one of the new nvidia cards that support 3D Blu-Ray hardware acceleration, or have a really good processor. I have a Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.6GHz and thats just barely enough to play 3D Blu-Ray in real-time (it is somewhat watchable, but choppy at times and sometimes freezes for a moment). I think I will have to buy like a GTX 470 or something. If you have an older rig, then its probably not gonna cut it. I am using a 4X drive, but I heard you need at least 2X for 3DBD. They don't really sell 1X or 2X drives anymore, so you would probably end up with a 4X drive anyway.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”