Minoru and Shutter Lenses

Thomas
One Eyed Hopeful

Minoru and Shutter Lenses

Post by Thomas »

I have been trying forever to get this doggone camera to work with my shutter lenses and I just can't seem to get it going.

I see conflicting news on the net, some say it works and some say it doesn't. I choose "interlaced" and the resulting picture & video looks a LOT like the other shutter video, but then I go to play it in Tridef and I turn on the 3D and put the glasses on.

What happens is...nothing. The glasses activate, but the pictures do not converge. They remain in separate channels. I have a SAMSUNG HDTV and the really heavy "Geordi LaForge" glasses and they work with the 3D video, and to some small extent with 2D conversion, but I can't get the webcam to work? It does fine with anaglyph (though I wish there were more options, like Blue/Amber etc. to play with), how can I get this to work with interlaced? Is it not compatible with Samsung? :(
The Honorable Thomas A. McKean, HOKC
http://www.thomasamckean.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.neurointegrity.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Partner in Policymaking
Author, Soon Will Come the Light: A View From Inside the Autism Puzzle (Appeared on Oprah)
Author, Light On the Horizon: A Deeper View From Inside the Autism Puzzle
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Minoru and Shutter Lenses

Post by cybereality »

Well I don't have that camera, so I am just going to speculate here. First off, if its going to work at all its probably going to be in "interlaced" mode. The Samsung TV should support interlaced, you just have to choose it from the menu. In this event the glasses should activate regardless of what is on the screen. However I am unsure of why you are using the TriDef player. You shouldn't need it. Any regular video player should work. Its actually possible that the TriDef is doing its 2D->3D conversion and thus ruining the interlacing on the video. So you may want to try with a different video player. Another option would be to record in side-by-side mode (I think this is supported) and either setting the TV to side-by-side, or using the Stereoscopic Player to output in either interlaced or checkerboard which the TV should support. Otherwise I am not really sure.
Thomas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Thomas »

cybereality wrote: The Samsung TV should support interlaced, you just have to choose it from the menu. In this event the glasses should activate regardless of what is on the screen. However I am unsure of why you are using the TriDef player. You shouldn't need it. Any regular video player should work.
That can't be right? Yew are implying that no special 3D software is needed to play 3D video because the TV does all the work. That is not my understanding. But I will check it out. Should be easy enough to run a 3D video in a different program than tridef...
The Honorable Thomas A. McKean, HOKC
http://www.thomasamckean.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.neurointegrity.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Partner in Policymaking
Author, Soon Will Come the Light: A View From Inside the Autism Puzzle (Appeared on Oprah)
Author, Light On the Horizon: A Deeper View From Inside the Autism Puzzle
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Well it depends on the 3D video format and what the display is. For example, if you are using a 120Hz LCD with Nvidia 3D Vision glasses, then you will need to be using their special 3D video player. But if you have a side-by-side video and an HDTV that supports it, then you can play the video with any video player (or even a USB drive plugged right into the TV). However if the video is a different format than the TV, then you need a 3D video player (like the Stereoscopic Player). Like if you have full resolution left/right files and wanted to playback to an interlaced 3D tv, then you use stereoscopic player. In all cases, it might help to have the Stereoscopic player as it will allow you to convert between different 3d formats and resolutions/aspect ratios. But it is not always needed.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”