Hello, peoples. Also some noob 3D pictures.

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Rhinox555
One Eyed Hopeful

Hello, peoples. Also some noob 3D pictures.

Post by Rhinox555 »

Lately, i've been getting more and more excited about 3D, 3D gaming in particular. So far, i've only tried Red & Cyan Anaglyph 3D, but i'm thinking of trying some different methods (and will be buying a Nintendo 3DS), but i'm not sure what type of 3D would be best for me to try, so i just wanted to ask: what is your best 3D experience?

I've also been experimenting (only for a short time so far though) with 3D images. I'm not entirely satisfied with them, so i'm looking for some constructive criticism on these.

And finally, can anyone with a Parallax Barrier-thingamajig tell me if this last one works properly? I don't have the appropriate screen myself so i'm not sure if i screwed it up.
Hopefully, i'll be able to learn some stuff about 3D here, and eventually contribute more than just sub-par anaglyphs.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Hello, peoples. Also some noob 3D pictures.

Post by cybereality »

Oh, cool. And welcome to the forum.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Re: Hello, peoples. Also some noob 3D pictures.

Post by BlackShark »

Hi there,
The anaglyph pics look quite good but the bright red-vs-blue colours of the characters don't work really well with anaglyph.
I guess these shots would look better with a Dubois colour transform (use stereophotomaker).

An other thing, the amount of camera separation appears quite high to me. It's good for a small computer monitor but on a big TV I think it would be too strong.

I do not have a parallax barrier screen but the last shot looks like a simple additive blend of the left and right eye views, i know it wouldn't work.
A parallax barrier screen needs the be fed with left and right eye views on different pixels, it requires usually a vertical interlacing of the pictures.
Like left eye view on odd columns and right eye view on even columns.... or maybe the opposite I don't know the specs of each screen.

------------------------------------------

My best 3D experiences are Avatar : the game on PC (the game is average but the 3D graphics are gorgeous), and Devil May cry 4 on PC (great compatibility, great 3D and the cutscenes are absolutely cool in 3D, when tuning the convergence just right, the cinematics produce amazing combined depth and pop-out effects
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”