Battlefield: Bad Company 2 3D Guide & Review

Post your comments about official MTBS game reviews here.
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by PressBot »

By Neil Schneider

Introduction

Let me begin by saying that I have always been a huge fan of the Battlefield franchise.  It was Battlefield 1942 that first introduced me to the need for discreet GPU performance.  I will also never forget the evening my girlfriend brought home Battlefield 2 from her trip to Delaware.  Reason enough to marry her!  Most importantly, the Battlefield series was a major motivator for me to take an interest in stereoscopic 3D gaming.

The principal is simple: two teams of soldiers, with each team member having an array of specialties to move the game along.  While there are several multiplayer modes, what makes the Battlefield series tick is the need to work cooperatively to control sections of the map.  While the principals have stayed the same, the scenery and weaponry have changed through iterations like Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, Battlefield Bad Company, and more. 

Today, we are going to talk about EA's latest Battlefield effort, Battlefield Bad Company 2.  More than that, we will test it out on multiple stereoscopic 3D solutions including DDD, iZ3D, and Nvidia's GeForce 3D Vision.  For those intimidated by the length of this article, don't panic!  Much of this article contains helpful tips on how to play and WIN in stereoscopic 3D, so I hope you will find it an informative read.

General Game Review

Battlefield Bad Company 2 has two major components.  First, it has a...

Read full article...
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 3D Guide & Review

Post by cirk2 »

Nice review!

I like that game in 3D but the particular patch made it nearly unplayable (I mostly play recon... Without in-depth cross hair you can't do anything...)

Can someone upload his unpatched package.mft? I can't find my dvd anywhere... Hell I should have downloaded the game, on my harddisk I can search for it...

Edit: I'm an idiot I've bought it from the ea store... no wonder why I can't find the dvd... So can anyone upp that file please?
KrisRoberts
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by KrisRoberts »

Indeed, I need that file as well. I have the game via steam...
KrisRoberts
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by KrisRoberts »

Found a link to the file over at the nvidia forums here:
http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/in ... 75250.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And just in case anyone else is using steam, it took me a little wile to find the actual folder to put it:
F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\battlefield bad company 2\dist\win32
christ0ff
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by christ0ff »

Very nice review. After reading it, I went and bought the game. I agree, this is really well done and quite rare (still) to see all cutscenes in 3D... Haven't started the multiplayer, but the single player campaign is very well done, even superior to Call of Duty games in terms of playability... Glad I didn't miss that one after all. Thanks Neil!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

By Neil Schneider Introduction General Game Review Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D Findings DDD Stereoscopic 3D Findings iZ3D Stereoscopic 3D Findings Conclusion Introduction Let me begin by saying that I have always been a huge fan of the Battlefield franchise.  It was Battlefield 1942 that first introduced me to the need for discreet GPU performance.  I will also never forget the evening my girlfriend brought home Battlefield 2 from her trip to Delaware.  Reason enough to marry her!  Most importantly, the Battlefield series was a major motivator for me to take an interest in stereoscopic 3D ...

Return to “MTBS Game Review User Remarks”