Step-Up 3D Review

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Step-Up 3D Review

Post by cybereality »

So I ended up seeing Step-Up 3D last night. At first I wasn't too excited about it but a friend of mine really wanted to see it so I went. Let me just say that I was pleasantly surprised. Although the movie was as cheesy as you expect it to be, it was in a good way. Very entertaining and never a dull moment. The big draw was, no surprise, the dance sequences which there were many. These were some seriously skilled dancers and most of them had a street-style like breakdancing, popping, etc. Its also nice to see a live action 3D movie (thats not a conversion). The 3D effects for most of the movie were subtle but a few segments had some popout. I enjoyed it a lot. If you are into dancing at all you will probably find this a nice watch. I did. Just remember that the story is generic and the dialog is laughable at times. The movie is good because of the dance scenes.
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Step-Up 3D Review

Post by PalmerTech »

Excellent! Do you think 3D made a difference? I am seeing it this week with my girlfriend, and am trying to decide if I should go 3D or 2D. No glasses means easier... social interaction. ;)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Step-Up 3D Review

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, the 3D certainly added to the experience. Don't think I would have bothered to see it in 2D.

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”