3D BR Demo

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
magestik
Two Eyed Hopeful

3D BR Demo

Post by magestik »

Hello guys,

Someone on Ubuntu-fr forum gave me this link : http://www.netblender.com/main/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can download, for free, an iso image of a Demo 3D Blu-Ray !
You can "mount" it with a software (I don't know an english software which do this, sorry).

The video is real HD and 3D ;)

I hope it's in the right forum.
I apologize for my english, I'm just a young french :P (If you find some mistakes in my English, tell me, so I can learn ^^)

Thank you,

Magestik
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: 3D BR Demo

Post by Fredz »

Nice find, I'm downloading the file right now. Could be helpful for ffmpeg devs and others as a reference material for attempts at BD3D decoding.
Did you find a way to watch it on your PC ?
magestik
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by magestik »

I don't like Windows :p So no. But it could be usefull for testing (on both Windows and Linux).
For FFMPEG, yes it can be used for creating the codec... A Windows Codec already exists ... Mickeyjaw and I are going to create the Linux codec !

I think there is no protection (no AACS). However the AACS directory is full ^^
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

You could still try to convert the video to a side-by-side format on Windows (or Wine) and watch it using the modified genlock Linux module.

Good luck for writing the Linux codec, but I think you are quite underestimating the complexity of the task though...
magestik
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by magestik »

No we already have a source code ;) Maybe it will be very hard ... at least we'll have tried. For the conversion, I think it's possible but I have a Zalman monitor so I don't need Genlock (I've made a simple software which use mplayer's command for playing side-by-side video).
mickeyjaw
Cross Eyed!

Post by mickeyjaw »

Yeah there is a reference codec for MVC available as a source-only distribution:

http://ip.hhi.de/imagecom_G1/savce/down ... ftware.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are already a windows binaries of a patched version of this code floating around that will extract the 2nd eye from a ripped 3D BR disc, and output raw YUV data (I think) ready for encoding. Performance is crap from what i hear, getting ~5fps on a core i7, although I suspect the code is single-threaded. I have obtained the patches and built a linux binary with a simple ./configure and make, but have yet to test it. I don't have access to my linux box ATM, but would love to run this disc through it as a test.

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”