the best 3D TV FOR ME...

Own a 3D HDTV? Trying to learn about the latest and greatest? Post here!
gicko
Two Eyed Hopeful

the best 3D TV FOR ME...

Post by gicko »

HI EVERYBODY!
As a 3d stereoscopic fanatic i bought immediately a SAMSUNG c7000 46-inch 3D TV. I was very excited in the begining because the only 3d movie that was given with the 3d kit was presented quite well with very little ghosting! After one week suddenly arrives in ATHENS GREECE where i live the PANASONIC PLASMA 3D TV, and when i saw the perfect image i said o its a pitty i bought too early perhaps the SAMSUNG one...the 3d demo of the PANASONIC was fantastic and the goggles very chic!
But after a while i changed completely my mind!
I TRIED ON THE PANASONIC THE SAME 3D MOVIE, I MEAN -MONSTERS VS ALIENS -AND I FOUND THAT IT HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS OF GHOSTING LIKE THE SAMSUNG LED 46 -INCH!
So i thought that i was not wrong to buy the SAMSUNG set up which was much cheaper.
But this is not my final conclusion.
AFTER UPGRADING MY PS3 AND SEEING THAT THE 3D GAMES I DOWNLOADED WERE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING I THOUHT THAT : SONY IS THE BEST COMPANY FOR THE 3D EFFECT!
So immediately i bought a second 3d tv ....A SONY BRAVIA HX-8OO 40- inch LED 3d tv.
And when it arrived at my home i tried immediately the same 3d movie MONSTERS VS ALIENS.
AFTER THIS VERY SUCCESSFUL EXPERIENCE WITH NO GHOSTING AT ALL I FOUND THAT SONY IS A TERRIFIC COMPANY !!!
WITH A PERFECT IMAGE AND A VERY GOOD QUALITY OF SONY SHUTTER GLASSES I WAS REALLY VERY HAPPY!

SO MY CONCLUSION IS THAT SONY 3D TV IS THE BEST OF ALL. FOR THE STEREOSCOPIC IMAGE...( THE ABSCENCE OF THE CARD READER THAT PANASONIC HAS IS NOT SO IMPORTANT FOR ME)

BRAVO SONY
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: the best 3D TV FOR ME...

Post by cybereality »

Nice. Good to hear the Sony worked out for you.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

You are comparing apples to oranges here, you should test products in the same conditions and with the same contents to be able to make an educated judgement.

Saying your ghosting classification would be Sony HX800 > Panasonic = Samsung C7000 is quite a weird distorsion of the reality too. Considering the ghosting tests made by the french site LesNumériques.com, which is specialized in testing electronic products, the order would be Panasonic VT20 > Sony HX800 > Samsung C7700 without much discussion.

The images talk by themselves :
Left image comparison
Right image comparison

And if you take angle of vision and contrast into account, the Panasonic is a clear winner by a great margin from the image quality point of vue. Other considerations like PS3 compatibility are another matter though...
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

I watched a demo of Monsters Vs. Aliens on a 55-inch Samsung and it was perfect!

I did read here on the forums that others have had crosstalk (ghosting) on their 46-inch Samsungs too so I'm thinking the 55-inch does not have that problem and the 46-inch tvs do.

:polarized
I came here to chew bubblegum and to see 3D...and I'm all out of bubblegum!
-----------------------
Me on YouTube, you watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/WheatstoneHolmes
gicko
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by gicko »

HI EVERYBODY AGAIN
I tried many times the same 3d movie MONSTERS VS ALIENS which i own on different 3d tvs and have seen this movie 15 times! So i know very well what i am talking about!
SONY hx-800 has the best 3d stereoscopic image without ghosting at all.
The same is for the 4 SONY 3d games i downloaded too...
SORRY I MUST ADMIT THAT I TRUST ONLY MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, BECAUSE SOME TIMES THE REVIEWS ARE FALSE!
gicko
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by gicko »

And i must admit that the SONY 3D GLASSES ARE VERY ROBUST in comparison with the glasses of SAMSUNG and PANASONIC which i found to be very fragile...
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Gicko,

WHY are you speaking in ALLCAPS in SECTIONS of your POSTS? :lol:

Regards,
NEIL
gicko
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by gicko »

Hi Neil

i like always your sense of humor in your posts really!!!
And the answer is very simple. I have the feeling to speak a little more loudlly like that!
You know, in every man s heart hides always a little child...
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Lol! I thought you stumbled over the capslock from time to time. :lol:
No worries. All good!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Neil