Samsung 3D HDTV and iz3D driver shutter glass mode

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
orbbu
One Eyed Hopeful

Samsung 3D HDTV and iz3D driver shutter glass mode

Post by orbbu »

Hi everyone :)

I have a Samsung 3D ready HDTV (LE40C750) with a pair of Samsung glasses (SSG2200 AR), and I'm connecting my PC to the TV using an DVI => HDMI cable (Nvidia GTX 275)

I have installed the iz3d driver, and I've been using the Side by Side rendering, it works, but there is a lot of crosstalk (fragment of the left image in the right one, or the opposit)

But I'm pretty sure that the best rendering that my TV could do is the sutterglass rendering mode (in the iz3D driver), the problem is that when using this mode, the image is better (less cross talk), but there is a flickering (like if there was a swaping between the two eyes), what's the problem ? can it be solved ?

So, I was wandering if there is a proper configuration to use this shutterglass mode, is it possible with my setup ?

Thanks in advance :)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Samsung 3D HDTV and iz3D driver shutter glass mode

Post by cybereality »

Unfortunately the video card will not be able to properly sync with the TV using shutter glasses mode. The best option is probably side-by-side or maybe checkerboard or interlaced might be slightly better. Either way you are probably still going to get ghosting as that is mostly a result of the hardware (tv and glasses) and not the software.
orbbu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by orbbu »

OK thanks for the info, too bad, so the only solution left for me is to wait for the 3D TV play kit from nvidia, I hope it will solve my problems, but its is still not available
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

I don't think it will solve any ghosting. After all it is a 3D TV, it extracts the left and right eye views all by itself and displays them according to it's needs. Ghosting is 100% hardware driven.

Maybe you could try to tweak some settings in the TV menu but that's about it. All LCD displays are known to cause ghosting.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

You might be able to check for a firmware update. I believe Samsung has been fixing the ghosting issue on some sets with updated firmware.
orbbu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by orbbu »

Just checked the firmware version, it is already up to date, but it seems there is a newer firmware in the US website (I'm in France).

I don't know if it is a good idea to use the US firmware on my french TV ? the version are : 1013.2 in FR and 1019.1 in US ...

Also, it seems there is no LE40 in the US (only the LE46), but I presume it is the same hardware ...

Finally some more infos about my setup, I use an old HDMI cable (not 1.4 thats for sure), + a DVI-D (dual link) to HDMI adapter on one of my 2 DVI output in my GTX 275, is it a good idea to buy a genuine HDMI 1.4 cable ? I think that there is that 3D over HDMI stuff that is available only for the 1.4 cable ? maybe using a 1.4 cable could let me use more 3D modes ?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I would only use the firmware for the exact model, otherwise you could get into trouble.

Also I think that using old HDMI cables are ok for 3D as the 3D part of the spec can still run on existing cables.
orbbu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by orbbu »

OK :)

Now I found something, actually, I was checking if there is a new firmware directly in my TV (using the update via LAN), the TV tells me that it was using the lastest firmware, but it was not the case ! The firwmare in the Samsung website was newer ... so I did the update using a USB Flash.

I think that with this update, there is less crosstalk, but, I noticed something strange, the only 3D modes that I can select now when connecting my PC are the side by side L/R and U/D, all the other modes are disabled o.o (interlaced H, V, H+V and Frequency)

Anyway, I hope Nvidia will release there cable/software soon :) (so I could try the Frequency mode, that never worked)

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”