eDimensional Effect, share your 3D experience.

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
saikamaldoss
One Eyed Hopeful

eDimensional Effect, share your 3D experience.

Post by saikamaldoss »

:polarized

My ED glasses are on its way.. i will get it on 27th.. but i want to know if what i heard is true...

I have heard people saying that the monitor looks like a box with one side of it is glass and all the games look real and feel like people moving inside. and some games can make you feel that the objects and effects coming out of the monitor. is that true ??

and how good are they when you watch movies. do they look like AVATAR ?? i have the stereoplayer 1.4.

please share your 3D experience.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: eDimensional Effect, share your 3D experience.

Post by Likay »

Quite on spot everything in the post above. However: The e-d's only works good with winxp and maximum 7900 nvidiacard. Not newer card or ati, not vista or win7.
If you have newer op-system, ati or card then you need to run them using the iz3d driver/intyerleaved mode and also use the e-d activator. I don't know compability about the e-d activator and win7. It might do well, idk.
Nonethless: A couple of (now defunct) e-d's gave me a lot of rememberable 3d-moments. I started gaming in 3d with those and got bitten real hard... :D
You won't get the same immersion as watching avatar in a big screen movie though (simply because of the bigger screen). The effect however is the same.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, the eD glasses were fun back in the day on a 21" CRT screen. I have some fond memories of those glasses. It makes the screen like a little diorama. In the days of CRT it was like the monitor was hallow and the game was happening inside the screen. Sort of like a window to a small little world. Very fun.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

my video review

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vQYYYU910M[/youtube]
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

ED was what got me started in the S3D scene. I still fire up my old pc and play some older shuttered games. To me this is still the deepest most satisfying 3D experience despite it's flaws (nearly every S3D type has 'em).

Just remember to take breaks because you will probably have some eye strain for the first week or so until you get the settings figured out and your eyes get used to seeing 3D.
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”