Major ghosting on iZ3D monitor?

120Hz or Polarized, this is the place to share your findings on what's out there!
bartkindt
One Eyed Hopeful

Major ghosting on iZ3D monitor?

Post by bartkindt »

I just purchased a iZ3D monitor, which included 2 glasses, directly from manufacturar.
I had a computer build with a NVidia GTS 250.
Windows7 64 bit.

The intention of the system is NOT gaming, but to view pictures and videos in 3D.

I got it all going, but when I try to view a picture in 3D, using Stereo Photomaker, I do get a 3D picture, but I have such masive ghosting that the result in completely unacceptable.
The glasses simply do not filter enough of the oposite eye out. Turning the glasses in front of the monitor shows that the right eye filter is on maximum when the glasses are horizontal, but the left eye filter is difficult to define, best filtering out of oposite eye is not when the glasses are held horizontally.

In either case, the oposite picture (for both eyes) is still clearly visible, and the final result is impossible to look at, the ghosting is so bad you simply looking at double pictures.
But yes, the picture is 3D.

The same applies when I run the test pictures and adjustements which come with the latest iZ3D driver I downloaded.

So, is the monitor really this bad, or do I have a faulty monitor (possibly with the front LCT not being exactly in the right position internally)??

I spend more money on freight to get the monitor to New Zealand, then the cost of the monitor itself!
So there is no way I can send it back for replacement......

Can somebody please advise if the iZ3D monitor, when used with hi-res photos instead of low-res fast moving games is in fact so bad with ghosting that it is not suitable for this purpose?

I am extremely disappointed.

Thanks, Bart
New Zealand
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Major ghosting on iZ3D monitor?

Post by Likay »

I don't know. I have ghosting on mine but i wouldn't say it's extreme. It's noticeable but no worse than i can live with.
You can try adjusting the gamma, brightness + contrast. A little help is here: http://forum.iz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=2918" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Turning the brightness down on the monitor to about 40% and tilting the monitor slightly backwards also helps. Don't worry, there's plenty of light inspite of that.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “3D Monitors”