Elsa Revelator 3D Wireless

Ardov
One Eyed Hopeful

Elsa Revelator 3D Wireless

Post by Ardov »

Hi guys. I really need your help here. I've bought 3 of these glasses from Ebay. I am trying to make them work with the Edimensional dongle. I've bought 2 new CR2032 batteries. What i do is this:

1) Connect my Edimensional dongle to my PC
2) Connect my DLP Projector to the dongle
3) Connect the Infrared transmitter to the DIN-3 output on the dongle
4) Run the ED Activator on Page Flipping mode

When i connect the wired glasses via the 3.5mm connector, those work perfectly and i can watch 3D movies flawlessly. That means that my setup works perfectly. I tested the emitter. I have two of them. One says ELSA on it, the other nothing, but they do look exactly the same! When the ED Activator runs, the emitter works and i can see that if i place my digital camera in front of the emitter which shows 2 purple lights (this is the infrared beam). The ELSA glasses have a switch which powers on when the glasses arms are unfolded. NONE of the 3 glasses works. Do you have any idea on what is happening? Has anyone tested this?

The glasses are these:

The emitter is this one:

Slah
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Elsa Revelator 3D Wireless

Post by Slah »

Please provide the following information:
- OS
- graphics card
- video player
- projector
- resolution/hz
Last edited by Slah on Wed May 05, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ardov
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ardov »

-Windows XP
-8800GTS 640MB
-Stereoscopic Player
-Acer H5360
-1280X720@120Hz

Please keep in mind that my wired glasses work perfectly while at the same time the ELSA 3D Revelator Wireless don't work.
By the way, thanks for the help.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

That really sucks man, I don't know what to tell you though. My first thought would be dead batteries but you said you already replaced those. Beyond that I would say its most likely an issue with either the dongle or the emitter. Probably not 3 glasses DOA. Clearly something is not working. But its just very hard to say what. Have you ever used the 3-pin VESA port on the dongle before?
Ardov
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ardov »

Cybereality, thanks for the help. I've tested with 5 different dongles. Emitter works (IR can be seen through a digital camera's preview screen). Both my emitters work and all 5 dongles work. (X3D on them). I am currently waiting for an H3D MMGAMER + H3D emitter and an original Edimensional + IR emitter (new LCD compatible version) to arrive. The H3D is considered to be compatible with the Elsa Revelators. Do you think this might be a compatibility issue? I really don't think so that 3 glasses could be DOA. The just don't activate through the IR signal. But has anyone tried connecting the ELSA emitter to an Edimensional dongle and use this setup with the Revelators Wireless?
Ardov
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ardov »

Anyone please? Any ideas?
Slah
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Slah »

Try it in another room :/
Slah
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Slah »

I received my Elsa Revelator IR today. I'm using this dongle: http://www.int03.co.uk/crema/hardware/stereo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My glasses also don't shutter. Don't know why ....
Slah
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Slah »

I got the solution: You need to put in 2x CR2032 into each glasses!
drmrsolds
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by drmrsolds »

I am having similar problem, I have eD wireless DLP glasses and emitter (ELsa) and I ordered the dongle to try with my projector. Mine come on for about 3 seconds, tur off for about 1.5 seconds then start over.
Have trird with every driver, tried running it off of a quadro card with vesa port, and even made my own dongle running directly off the vertical sync line.
All the same result.
Could these glasses or emitter be locked at 120hz?

eDim DLP wireless
DLP emitter
eDim dongle
9500gs card
Quadro fx1300 card
Home made v-sync dongle
Infocus SP4800 (X1) projector

These glasses work perfectly when hooked up to my Samsung DLP!!

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”