Home simulator & Nvidia 3dVision DLP Projector TRUTHS!

bob001
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Home simulator & Nvidia 3dVision DLP Projector TRUTHS!

Post by bob001 »

Thanks for the comment. Its really great idea.
simulation emprunt immobilier
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Any plans to increase the screen size to make it more immersive?
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

Bump!

Chrisjarram, where are those youtube vidoes? Also I have been doing some reading on the frex canopy. While thier solution seems to work pretty good for racing immersion, if you check out my dome thread, I need more. Want flight sim, blimp sim, submarine sim, spaceship sim, etc etc, so for that I am going to need a full dome, not quarter dome like they have. I have found several plastics manufacturers that can make a full dome for less than 500 US dollars of up to 60 inches diameter - so much for that 20K Vision Station!! I think this will be good for my first test. Problem is they can make the dome out of acrylic or polycarbonate or many other materials - they have flourescent plastic that can even be used! LOL! I may want to do rear projection onto 2 domes sandwiched together to get a full 360 immersive cave. So I need to know what material/chemical composition frex canopy is using in thier plastic soup to make their canopy work with rear projection. The plastics people tell me most people order a clear acrylic dome and I can get it smokey white color for 10% more. But this smoky white will still be too glossy I fear. They said they can do all sorts of materials/chemical mixtures to meet my requirements. So I was hoping you could point me to where Shige has given up the KFC secret recipe? ;) I am thinking perhaps he is just using the smokey white acrylic domes too, but I am not sure.
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jellybean73
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jellybean73 »

Hi Chris,
I was wondering if you where still making your VESA delay unit for connecting the edim dongle to the Nvidia one. Would be really interested in this if you are or if you could supply the circuit diagram.

Thanks
Jenny
CPCT
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by CPCT »

Hello Chris,

Thanks for sharing this with us! I'm really impressed. I've been thinking about building something similar to your motion system, but the recurring issue is always the software to control the actuators. Are you using the frex software on home-built hardware or did you write your own software to extract the G-data out of the simulators?

Thanks,
CopperCAT
chrisjarram wrote:The actuators perform better with mine (more responsive, I have both systems) and I have safety features that prevent actuator damage that the Frex does NOT have. Plus, I support a lot more software - the Frex drivers are so slack to update a lot of people have given up on them - it is MUCH more worthwhile using x-sim and SCN5's as you'll get a hell of a lot more game support.

Frex hardware, hands down, is total crap. It is under-engineered, fraught with technical issues and poorly made. Frex will NOT address these issues, once Shige (the lead enigineer) has gained interest in a new toy or peripheral he'll ditch others without properly finishing them and never revisit them when they start falling apart in peoples hands. You will send email after email and not get responses for weeks, and when you do if you ever have to send anything back to them (which is 99% guaranteed you will), you'll spend a fortune on postage charges. So far I've been very disappointed with the Handbrake (this is made like a 10 year old did it), HShift+ (which has springs that break, and push switches that dont stay down) and actuator system (because of their ommissions 3 of my actuators broke, they replaced 2 but then provided no further support so I was left £300 out of pocket and had to rewrite their software to fix the problems with it) - also the simconbase controller is TERRIBLE, it does not even integrate static discharge protection and can fry simply by knocking the power lead or USB lead going into it - I've had 2 go and it took Frex EIGHT WEEKS to replace the second one, eight weeks without a simconmotion. I'd avoid them like the plague if I was you!! Their hardware is extremely overrated by some people, mainly as they have no idea what other options there are out there. BTW in terms of the frame and motion system the ISE solution is superior, not the flimsy, overpriced, unadjustable Piece of Crap that Frex make:-

http://www.ise-sims.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is up to you really, frex do the new canopy but at 1/3rd of the resolution of my screens, plus you dont have the stereoscopy issue that the separation is wrong in areas due to the screen curve - I also have uniform light distribution, I've tried rear-projected curved screens before and IMO a triple rig is much better.

I've only added hardware that I considered worthwhile to the immersion, I would not add anything else but can honestly say if you remove any one little single aspect of this system you really notice it - it is not overkill in this respect, every little part makes a huge difference when put together. I'll put some detailed videos up on Youtube soon and you'll be able to see more what it's about :).
3DReady
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DReady »

Wow, really impressive setup. I've always wanted to build something like this for my flight and race sims. Let's hope TDVision and other manufacturers will relase their 3D HMD's soon, as multi-projector/HDTV setup is too expensive for me. Also, waiting for the vids of your simulator in action.
TTRacing
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by TTRacing »

Hi Chris,

Not sure if you are still around but I would love to know if you got the Simconmeter working with XSim? We have similarly given up with Frex now and going down the Xsim route ditching the dreadful simconbase/motion hardware & software but would love to keep the meters if possible

Andy

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”