Cyberpunk 2077 Confirmed dx12 only.... it begins.

Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Confirmed dx12 only.... it begins.

Post by Chtiblue »

lohan wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:06 am Just a quick info: the game already has a VorpX profile and according to VoodooDE (very reliable German VR Youtuber) the game looks stunning in VR.
Other than a lot of games that leave something to be desired when played in VorpX this one seems to deliver on all fronts. This is except for one specific aspect:
It's Z3D only (fake 3D). So it's definitely not my cup of tea. But for everyone who is ok with fake 3D and who also owns a VR headset, maybe it's worth a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY6VpwihD2o
Yep sadly I already sold my G1 Reverb and I will not receive my Reverb G2 till Januar I think
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lundamyrstrollet »

After the third time new install Shader was compiled, but for ma its the same as before, no DM...
Have you the GoG or steam Version? Any special settings in the Superdepth Shader? tried all, DM reversed, in the Api Tab all the things,but no luck
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

GOG version
Did you try to uninstall reshade?
DLSS to auto, all maxed
DM reversed
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

So, there's this:
"Valve's made Cyberpunk 2077 playable on Linux"
https://www.pcgamer.com/valves-made-cyb ... 6ybvF3Db-U

again, using Vulkan-based DXVK renderer...

Whatever that means...
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

Chtiblue wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:35 am GOG version
DLSS to auto, all maxed
DM reversed
Ten Times... I have one last suspicion, im on a 1080ti, so, if you use DLSS then TAA is disabled, and voila...
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

DLSS to auto, all maxed
DM reversed
man this is driving me crazy, I am getting distortion all over the screen frequently if I move the camera around once I get it working. I am installing Reshade 4.8.2 fresh, then installing 4.7.0.MOD and selecting update. DM reversed.

do you select anything on the DX12 Tab?

Use Aspect Ratio Heuristics
Copy Depth buffer before clear operations
select a specific buffer?

I tried different combinations with some giving better success than others, but eventually the distortion pops up and makes it unplayable. When I switch graphical settings it gets worse sometimes, I tried turning off RT, HDR, DLSS, low/high/ultra. Maybe I need to DDU my drivers and re-install the latest. are you using the cyberpunk game ready latest drivers?
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

Chtiblue wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:07 am Ok fellas I got superdepth3D working with reshade 4.7.0 MOD!!!

Happy game, I know I'm your today's hero :lol:

:woot
A true hero indeed :woot

Is this 4.7.0 MOD any different from the 4.7.0 reshade release - https://reshade.me/downloads/ReShade_Setup_4.7.0.exe ?
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

Shift-E wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:01 am
DLSS to auto, all maxed
DM reversed
man this is driving me crazy, I am getting distortion all over the screen frequently if I move the camera around once I get it working. I am installing Reshade 4.8.2 fresh, then installing 4.7.0.MOD and selecting update. DM reversed.

I tried different combinations with some giving better success than others, but eventually the distortion pops up and makes it unplayable. When I switch graphical settings it gets worse sometimes, I tried turning off RT, HDR, DLSS, low/high/ultra. Maybe I need to DDU my drivers and re-install the latest. are you using the cyberpunk game ready latest drivers?
Had the same issue with the distortion. When i checked the Copy Depth Buffer Thing it disappears...
Have you checked the depth Map View (stereo) is there only a white Screen? With and without DLSS?
Sitting here since 9 Hours and try to figured out,but... Damn
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

DLSS to auto, all maxed
DM reversed

Nope just use Aspect Ratio Heuristics on by default

Driver 452.06
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

DLSS to auto, all maxed
DM reversed
man this is driving me crazy, I am getting distortion all over the screen frequently if I move the camera around once I get it working.
Try different DLSS preset for me only "Balanced" works well without distorsion
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Chtiblue wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:18 am Try different DLSS preset for me only "Balanced" works well without distorsion
Thank you so much for posting this, I tried literally every setting but balanced. This did the trick. The distortion still pops up every once in a while, but its brief and totally playable. no way I could play this game in 2D, its built for 3D :woot

I'm surprised Driver 452.06 doesnt give you graphical errors, it was rendering all vegetation textures over everything in front of them for me - had to update to newest version to fix it.

I have to agree with Digital Foundry, this is the best looking PC game ever made if you have the card to run it. Wow. Excellent immersion by CDPR also, with the animations and conversational dialogue.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

So as a heads up, It looks like Vorpx has already released a fake 3d update with Cyberpunk 2077 support that apparently looks pretty good. It's even supports full VR mode but apparently with some issues, but immersive screen works well:

"Brand new to vorpx as of today. Full vr looks good but I can’t figure out how to move the map closer to center. Been playing in immersive screen until I figure that out."

"Thanks for the quick profile, the z3d implementation looks pretty good for this game in immersive screen. G3D would be nice, but it would probably be impossible to play at a non-blurry resolution with current GPUs anyway."

https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/cyberpunk-2077/

Ralf release notes for Cyberpunk 2077:

"There will be a hotfix including a Cyperpunk 2077 profile within the next half hour.

Z3D, FullVR, scalable HUD, auto settings. as good as it gets for a DX12 game at this point. Played through the first hour, all good so far. A lot of short cutscenes, at least at the beginning, so switching in and out of EdgePeek is your friend for best possible comfort."

So it looks like for those of us without 3DTVs or projectors to use superdepth with, Vorpx in VR is the only way for playing Cyberpunk 2077 in 3D, and it should even work for anyone with 3080s compared to 3d vision, so someone with a HP G2 Reverb could report how well it looks?
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Shift-E wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:11 pm
Chtiblue wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:18 am Try different DLSS preset for me only "Balanced" works well without distorsion
Thank you so much for posting this, I tried literally every setting but balanced. This did the trick. The distortion still pops up every once in a while, but its brief and totally playable. no way I could play this game in 2D, its built for 3D :woot
You're welcome :D

I had also some distorsions once in a while in desert but no more in city.

Yeah build for 3D but even more for VR as a FPS.

I think I will wait for my G2 to try/play it with Vorpx, hoping Vorpx with G2 won't be too much of a downgrade in terms of graphics as it was with my G1 compared to my 4k Oled
Feisty_Fernando

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

What are the steps aside from installing Reshade on the 2077 executable? I selected 2 options from the list, the top one and BlueSky's 3D shader.

What do I do next? I don't see anything else I can configure.
BazzaLB

Post by BazzaLB »

I played 3.5 hours before applying for refund which steam generously granted. Seems they are somewhat flexible with the 2 hour limit. I just found the game pretty bland tbh. I much preferred TW2/3. The game just was not grabbing me and add to that the fact there are graphical artifacts (foliage appearing through the landscape - you'll know it when you see it) that can only be fixed by upgrading to latest video driver it seemed rather pointless continuing.

May check back in a few months when its patched and 50% or more off (if its not absolutely necessary to be on latest driver that is)
john105
Cross Eyed!

Post by john105 »

BazzaLB wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:24 pm I much preferred TW2/3.
I was curious what TW2 is before realizing it's The Witcher. Google says it's Tribal Wars 2 - The medieval online strategy game :)
Feisty_Fernando

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Chtiblue wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:12 am
Lundamyrstrollet wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:40 am
Chtiblue wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:10 am here you go reshade 4.7.0 MOD
https://we.tl/t-5OxESYzhaw
Which Version of Superdepth should i take? With the newest i get the Error cant compile the Superdepth.fx?
Tried also older Versions but no luck... compile error every time...
youve posted a pure Version of reshade, so i have set the effect Path and make a reshade-shaders folder, the shaders in it working excluding every SD.fx i tried?
Delete the folder you created, installed first last version of reshade with superdepth 3D (so it create the shader folder with superdepth3D) then just update your game with reshade 4.7.0 MOD
I did exactly that, when I turn on Superdepth in-game I get a SbS image where the top half is garbled. I don't know if this 3D TV has SbS in the built in 3D menu but GoG Galaxy didn't want to show when I turned on the 3D through 3DFM.

Take a look at this horror:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

Great, there is a solution to disable TAA completely, eventually that does the Trick with Superdepth for us non RTX Card Users... Will try it after work and report back...

And, there are the first Posts on Steam Forums that confirm it works with Vulkan under Win10 without the Proton App if i see this right (dont 100% shure because of my bad english):

"yeah, 1080p, i switched steam overlay OFF, so didn't see that anymore, BUT,
I then tried THIS: Steam launch options:
-64bit -vulkan -high
MUCH BETTER!~
Windows borderless is USUALLY the best"
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Lundamyrstrollet wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:23 am Great, there is a solution to disable TAA completely, eventually that does the Trick with Superdepth for us non RTX Card Users... Will try it after work and report back...

And, there are the first Posts on Steam Forums that confirm it works with Vulkan under Win10 without the Proton App if i see this right (dont 100% shure because of my bad english):

"yeah, 1080p, i switched steam overlay OFF, so didn't see that anymore, BUT,
I then tried THIS: Steam launch options:
-64bit -vulkan -high
MUCH BETTER!~
Windows borderless is USUALLY the best"

That's unlikely....can u post a link to the message? Or screenshot?
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/ ... 685/?ctp=2

Have tested again with TAA disabled, and there is a Depth Map wohoo.
So for me its clear, if you cant enable DLSS which turn the TAA off we have to rely on this Solution:

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.p ... 662/page-4

But it where too easy , the Distortion problem like Feisty posted before is still there,for me only if i uncheck Copy Depth buffer before clear operations...Need further testing

@Feisty Fernando Which GPU do you use?
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

It's unclear from that thread whether he actually ran it in Vulkan or not - seems like he just added that flag and perceived performance gain, but something tells me the game just ignored that flag and still ran in DX12 - whatever he observed was due to something else.

Maybe someone here can confirm with Afterburner - if that actually shows VULKAN then, well...maybe we just got a nice early Christmas gift :D
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

Made a test with the GoG version, its DX12 :cry:

But at last i got Superdepth working without Distortion, finally :mrgreen:
The hole secret is to select a certain buffer? in the Api Tab...clicked through all of them and one of them fits,puh :D
Hopefully it helps someone.

So, Night City is calling, and special thanks to Chtiblue for the Reshade Mod Version!!!
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Lundamyrstrollet wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:03 pm Made a test with the GoG version, its DX12 :cry:
But you added those "-64bit -vulkan -high" parameters?
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

Shure, and launched without Galaxy...
After the new Update the need for disabling TAA is gone fyi, but i encounter many CTDs..Will revert to 1.3 i think
Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lizzard »

RAGEdemon wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:51 am I too have been met with hostility when I try to introduce people to 3DVision/HelixVision etc.

Their "logic" usually falls into 2 categories:

1. There is too much fiddling. - The vast majority of people out there hate anything remotely technical - they want plug and play. What isn't plug and play is considered trash and not worth their time. A recent survey showed that the vast majority of gamers never ever go into any game options menu, to even change simple things like resolution. Us technical types on this forum and generally on the internet are an extremely rare breed who will delve into it for the payoff.

b. They just don't appreciate 3D/VR. Their stance is "cool bro, but it's not worth my time". I have found that again the average Joe's of the world just don't appreciate 3D enough to spend time learning the ins and outs. I am uncomfortable with a saying I heard once, as I believe everyone is equal, but it went something like "Simple minds are easily amused", which follows that "complex minds need complex stimulation". Without any comment, I shall leave you to judge how complex the mind of the average person you meet on the street is...

2. "nVidia doesn't support 3D anymore bro!". They don't care to hear about how many perfect games are perfectly playable and how new fixes are coming out every day by the community. There is little logic, except in those who might say that its too expensive as a barrier to entry. Many people will hate on something they cannot afford.

Overall, what I have come to find is that most places on the internet are toxic, filled with Anonymous keyboard warriors. This goes doubly worse for forums which are related to gaming, which are overwhelmingly filled with children who intrinsically tend to be immature, impatient, rebellious, and lacking in funding e.g. cyberpunk 2077. Most people in the 3DV community by comparison are mature 30+ - older people are generally more open to civilised discussion.
I can truly relate to this. On top of this there are millions of people out there in poverty who can barely afford Youtube. Which is why you see, at current, almost half a million people watching Alyx on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX-03yBcm3k

(This guy did it in 5hours. My time for it was 20. You really want to stop and absorb as much as you could to prolong the experience.)

Isn't that really saddening? It makes me realize how privileged we are. And one of the main reasons why I feel it not a sin to upload full play-throughs for our stereoscopic ways in gaming. Especially with good performing hardware which others are only dreaming about.

Couldn't agree more about the last part about the toxic little terrorists. They are multiplying too fast. Always best just to ignore them. Parents who raise their kids to be different should be awarded medals in our time!
I consider myself in the middle class but still only settle for the less buggy games long after they've been released. It helps to save a lot and spare a coin for the people who made me buy it in the first place. The common philosophy circulating here..
Share our love for stereoscopic gaming in VR
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... /playlists :anaglyph
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... 5lw/videos :anaglyph
֍ Win 10:21H1 ֍ 251.48 ֍ RTX2080 ֍ i9 9900k ֍ Benq1070 ֍ Samsung S27A950D, Odyssey+ ֍ LG 49UF8509 ֍ FujifilmW3 ֍
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

More Tweaking here:
viewtopic.php?p=175570#p175570
Muojo
Cross Eyed!

Post by Muojo »

Well once again, school, life and work ahs gotten in the way of gaming. Am I hearing this right that there is a mod that can give you 3D in Cyberpunk 2077 and RDR? For Cyberpunk, I don't have it yet but I'm eager to play it. GoG version or Steam version?
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Lysander wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:07 pm
Lundamyrstrollet wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:03 pm Made a test with the GoG version, its DX12 :cry:
This does absolutely nothing.
The game always runs in DirectX 12.
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Btw guys if any of you are getting driven insane by sound issues. (surround mixdown problem which leads to enemy gunshots missing along with other stuff...)
This fixed the problem for me.... ffs now I can finally play the game. It's liternally night and day for me and the issue appears to be widespread.

https://steamah.com/cyberpunk-2077-how- ... io-issues/

Make sure you read the entire thread because the instructions have a step missing You must install

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hesuvi/ as well to complete the last step.
Muojo
Cross Eyed!

Post by Muojo »

helifax wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:10 am

For starters, does it matter if you own GOG version or Steam Version?
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Muojo wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:50 pm
helifax wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:10 am

For starters, does it matter if you own GOG version or Steam Version?
This was tried on GOG version. From what I can tell both GoG and Steam versions are IDENTICAL (minus the Steam DRM)...I don't think it works on any Released version of the game ^_^
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

for anyone using superdeth3D and DLSS, is your map fully scrambled/distorted every time you view it - and if so, is there any workaround or fix? Sure its not too much hassle to toggle the reshade off each time I view the map, but I play on controller so its less convenient to hit a keyboard next to me (only missing element of reshade is incorporating controller key bindings, I'm sure I could use a third party for that but seems a bit much).

Also curious what gun profile everyone is using? I am using #60, but wondering if a custom one might work better and eliminate more blur when aiming. I tried messing around with the custom settings but could not get one better than profile# 60.
Muojo
Cross Eyed!

Post by Muojo »

Another question, which driver version are y'all running this game on? I assume due to the lack of support from Nvidia, we can't go any futher to the new drivers for Cyberpunk? I lmow 3D doesn't work yet but I wanna leave it open lol
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Shift-E wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:48 pm for anyone using superdeth3D and DLSS, is your map fully scrambled/distorted every time you view it - and if so, is there any workaround or fix? Sure its not too much hassle to toggle the reshade off each time I view the map, but I play on controller so its less convenient to hit a keyboard next to me (only missing element of reshade is incorporating controller key bindings, I'm sure I could use a third party for that but seems a bit much).

Also curious what gun profile everyone is using? I am using #60, but wondering if a custom one might work better and eliminate more blur when aiming. I tried messing around with the custom settings but could not get one better than profile# 60.
Same poop, distorted map and no good custom gun profile so I'll wait my Reverb G2 (sadly next month) to play it with Vorpx as FPS fake 3D are better in VR
costiq
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by costiq »

Chtiblue wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:46 am
Shift-E wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:48 pm for anyone using superdeth3D and DLSS, is your map fully scrambled/distorted every time you view it - and if so, is there any workaround or fix? Sure its not too much hassle to toggle the reshade off each time I view the map, but I play on controller so its less convenient to hit a keyboard next to me (only missing element of reshade is incorporating controller key bindings, I'm sure I could use a third party for that but seems a bit much).

Same poop, distorted map and no good custom gun profile so I'll wait my Reverb G2 (sadly next month) to play it with Vorpx as FPS fake 3D are better in VR
Thanks Chtiblue for your moded ReShade!
Using it was the only way for me to avoid frequent crashes.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet (I'm @ work), but Torzi -a user on ReShade forum- wrote:
Leave "Color Precision" set to "High" in the graphics settings, anything lower messes with the depth maps. Been running around the city all night, works like a champ. Menus and the map as well.
here: https://reshade.me/forum/shader-present ... 1500#40246

More possibly useful info could be found throughout the topic.

Thanks again!
sgsrules
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by sgsrules »

Does 3dVision work with the newest drivers, using Losti's tool or other method? or is 452.06 the highest supported one? if the newest drivers don't work I'd rather not go through all the hassle just to get Fake3D working with reshade since this game is pretty busted without the newest drivers.
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

sgsrules wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:56 pm Does 3dVision work with the newest drivers, using Losti's tool or other method? or is 452.06 the highest supported one? if the newest drivers don't work I'd rather not go through all the hassle just to get Fake3D working with reshade since this game is pretty busted without the newest drivers.
As far as I know reshade does not use 3DVision, so you should not be restricted to 452.06.
SubjectBucko
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SubjectBucko »

Chtiblue wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:12 am
Lundamyrstrollet wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:40 am
Chtiblue wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:10 am here you go reshade 4.7.0 MOD
https://we.tl/t-5OxESYzhaw
Which Version of Superdepth should i take? With the newest i get the Error cant compile the Superdepth.fx?
Tried also older Versions but no luck... compile error every time...
youve posted a pure Version of reshade, so i have set the effect Path and make a reshade-shaders folder, the shaders in it working excluding every SD.fx i tried?
Delete the folder you created, installed first last version of reshade with superdepth 3D (so it create the shader folder with superdepth3D) then just update your game with reshade 4.7.0 MOD
Sorry but I cannot get Superdepth to work. Using 3090 with driver 360.89. Used Reshade 4.7.0 MOD as well as other verions of Reshade. Shimmering over screen and I can correct this by toggling various buffers in the last tab of Superdepth3d but the game frequently crashes to desktop. Any ideas please?
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

disable AA or put DLSS to balanced
Last edited by Chtiblue on Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sgsrules
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by sgsrules »

Am I correct to assume that there's no way to get fake 3d working with reshade with a 3D Vision kit? I totally forgot that 3D needs to kick in first, which isn't going to happen in a DX12 game unless there's some sort of hack I'm not aware of. I haven't used fake 3d since I made the fix for Breath of the Wild. From what i remember, using fake 3D in reshade results in your horizontal resolution being halved because it outputs the whole SBS image to the output resolution. That's one of the main reasons i worked with Helifax to get his wrapper working with it, so that each eye could be full res instead of half width. If this is still the case I doubt i'll bother with fake 3d becuase i would have to go from 1920x1080 in 2D to 640x720 for 3D, ouch! (projector only does 3D in 720p).

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”