Who is actively developing for the Rift?

Are you actively developing for the Rift?

Yes, I'm a developer.
35%
Yes, I'm a Web developer.
1%
Yes, I'm an artist.
5%
Yes, I'm a hardware developer.
5%
Yes, I'm a level designer.
1%
Yes, I'm a producer.
1%
Yes..
11%
No, I'm an enthusiast.
31%
No, I'm a gamer.
10%
No..
1%

Total votes: 150

radicaledward101
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Who is actively developing for the Rift?

Post by radicaledward101 »

radicaledward101 wrote:I chose "no."

I might fall into some of the other categories, but I don't have time to explain my choice right now. I'll try to provide an update on my reasoning later.
So, I wanted to go into more detail:
I didn't choose No, I'm a gamer:
I'm a gamer, but lately I've been playing less games than pretty much everyone I know.
I didn't choose No, I'm an enthusiast:
I think, at this point, everyone who funded on Kickstarter is an enthusiast. I'm enthusiastic! But I never actively pursued any VR stuff before I saw the Kickstarter.
I didn't choose Yes, I'm a web developer:
I actually am a web developer. That's what I do for a living. This is probably the closest of the "yes" answers for me. However, I'm not actively building anything for the Rift. I don't even really have any ideas.

I backed the Kickstarter because this is a big technological advancement that I want to see in my lifetime. I got my $300 worth the moment I committed the money. The feeling I got giving the money was more than enough for me. All the updates and community stuff that has come since has been excellent. Actually getting a dev kit will be amazing, but I honestly have no idea what I'm going to do with it when it comes. I've thought about it, but I want to wait and see some of the initial demos first hand before I start making concrete plans.
duhone
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by duhone »

yes - Devloper

Working on getting Rift support into Eterium. Not sure how much I'll get though, Still working on convincing the artist to create art for the rest of the cockpits (needed to be able to look around). I have him about half convinced. order # 28xx hope thats not too many weeks out lol.
Krenzo
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Krenzo »

I'm a developer. I've been programming games for ten years with two available on Steam. I wanted to program virtual reality games, but the hardware wasn't consumer friendly yet. Therefore, I decided to develop hardware (position tracking) to help usher in consumer acceptance, and once consumer VR is readily available, I intend to shift back to focusing on game development.
jf031
Cross Eyed!

Post by jf031 »

Selected "enthusiast," but I'm currently learning programming (in part due to the Rift), have done some simplistic 3D modeling/animation in the past, and am interested in messing around with the Oculus version of UDK.
antimatter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by antimatter »

Im an enthusiast/hacker. Mostly curious about the technology and it seems to have potential so I have some ideas that I want to try out.

Ive done 3D programming in OpenGL this was in the pre-unity days. Can't really say that Im actively developing for the Rift since I'm not even sure which API's are supported yet.

Return to “Oculus VR”