Vk3DVision - A Vulkan 3D Vision Driver (With Single-Frame Stereo and RTX Support)

john-glad
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Vk3DVision - A Vulkan 3D Vision Wrapper

Post by john-glad »

helifax wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:48 pm I am honestly interested in your opinion :)

Honestly, only 3-4 people actually saw the video?! Wow... if this is the case... I might re-think this whole endeavour :)) and instead of making a generic toolkit for fixing games in Vulkan, I might just release fixes for the games I care about.
Would that be better?
I kept hearing that everyone wants Stereo3D in Vulkan and yet here we are... with most people not actually caring about it.... or so it seems. Is it because this is not Red Dead Redemption 2 or Cyberpunk 2077 that people don't look at it?!
Is this the same interest for DirectX 12? Or is it because "you can't download it and try it yet" ?

I am really confused right now and any feedback is appreciated :)

Cheers,
Helifax
The Detroit 3D Video is awesome. And its amazing that you have made such a big progress in such a short time :)
I personally believe that a more generic tool approach would definitely be the better choice, so that the tooling for fixing future games would be in place, but I can definitely not estimate how much more effort this would be for you.
But I think based on 3Dmigoto you can see how such a tool can make great progress, when you compare how rather small it started and how many 3D fixes are now available on http://helixmod.blogspot.com/.
And how many feature were added like the regex feature to enable even universal fixes for e.g. UE4 and Unity made by the community.
Maybe even open source would be an option so that also other people could participate, but that decision is definitely up to you.
I personally would also pay for fixes, but no fix without a tool ;)

I think the awareness in this forum is not so high but when a stereo 3D fix for e.g. RDR2 would be available I think this would definitely spread the word.
And when more newer games come out and only support Vulcan or DX12 the interest will definitely rise I think.
But thats just my 2 cents.

Again awesome job and projects like this keep the hope up that 3D Stereo gaming will still be alive in the future and not only in VR.
I wish you the best and good luck :)
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

:woot +1 when RDR2 will be 3DReady :woot
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Chtiblue wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:23 pm :woot +1 when RDR2 will be 3DReady :woot
Maybe in time for Christmas, who knows :lol:
I do want to play that game in 3D obviously, but it's not my first, nor second priority... I know;) As most people want me to make a tool, that is my 1st priority :) And a game fixed with the tool - which in case you didn't saw it - it will be Detroit: Become Human :D
(I really love the game and I want it to be my "showcase" of the tool :idea: ) Surely, Doom Eternal is also on the list as well ^_^ :oops: :lol:

Cheers!
Helifax
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lundamyrstrollet »

Cant believe that, is this truly happen?!?!
Will support your Patreon Page!

Have to thank you for so much the last years,we all... Especially the ME Andromeda Fix (+110 Masterpiece) the RotTR Journey and not to forget the genius OGL Wrapper!
Also thanks for the Dev "Diary", absolutely interesting to read. And the goose bumps while reading,no doubt that this will be great.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

helifax wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:35 pm
Chtiblue wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:23 pm :woot +1 when RDR2 will be 3DReady :woot
Maybe in time for Christmas, who knows :lol:
I do want to play that game in 3D obviously, but it's not my first, nor second priority... I know;) As most people want me to make a tool, that is my 1st priority :) And a game fixed with the tool - which in case you didn't saw it - it will be Detroit: Become Human :D
(I really love the game and I want it to be my "showcase" of the tool :idea: ) Surely, Doom Eternal is also on the list as well ^_^ :oops: :lol:

Cheers!
Helifax
Yeah. Looking forward here. Thanks you Heli!!!
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

floph wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:58 am Big thanks for your effort on making this great tools.

Just watched the 3D video on my big 3D projector and I have 2 observations:

1) On my machine the wide video format shrinks the image height in half (screenshot attached).
Could you make a video format like this one below so that I can see the full height ?
https://youtu.be/iwCw25rsPVM?t=2283

2) The depth and the convergence are too high for my eyes and it's uncomfortable to watch in 3D.
Could you lower the depth and especially the convergence ?

3) My personal preference for 3D games is based on how much of the action happens outside in daylight.
I find dark scenes in 3D underwhelming. It's just much more enjoyable for me to watch 3D scenes in daylight than in the dark.

Even with the first 2 issues, I can tell that the 3D is great.
One thing I am interested though is the magnitude of artifacts in moving scenes due to the sequential approach, but I cannot judge right now due to the wide format which makes the image shrinked in half.

I like CM Unleashed so much, I played Assassin's Creed Origins, Odyssey, Far Cry 5, Far Cry New Dawn, and many others and it looks great. Also the image is rock solid if I turn the Vertical Sync On. By the way, does CM Unleashed has the same sequential approach, or the right eye image is generated from the same frame of the left eye image ?

And since I mentioned CM Unleashed, I experienced some issues in Far Cry New Dawn and Hitman 2. When if I rotate the camera in some locations the 3D effect is lost, and if I get out of that area the 3D comes back. Also, I played Assassin's Crees III Remastered and Far Cry 5 just fine in 3D with CMU, but when I started again after a while the 3D effect did not work anymore. Do you have some tips how to fix these issues ?

Once again many thanks and please keep up the good work !
Best regards !
Completely off topic and sorry to derail it, but I was intrigued with cm unleashed after your post, I never tried it before since my real 3d backlog is huge, still I gave a try to AC Origins using 3d fix manager and I'm really surprised you can get some really good 3d effect with it, there are a few artifacts and halos surrounding the main character but it's very playable if a fix is never released, another win for Helifax. Can it be improved somehow to minimize those issues?
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

I wouldn't get too hung up on the amount of views the video got. For me personally, I only browse this forum on devices that cannot view 3D - so i would have to remember to download it when at home on my 3D pc and watch on my tv (which clearly I forgot to do, but since have).

In just over a month this thread is closing in on 5000 views, and its going to keep growing believe me - so people are interested! and once fixes for certain ;) titles start getting underway you are going to see a lot of new lurkers I suspect :lol:

It's amazing work and progress in such a short time!
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

floph wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:58 am 2) The depth and the convergence are too high for my eyes and it's uncomfortable to watch in 3D.
Separation isn't a universal setting. What is too high for you (projector) is normal for me (27 inch monitor). If Helifax lowers separation in future videos, people with small monitors will say "What the hell? This is almost flat!".
Something you can do is changing the parallax with sView, but that will make it look like a lot higher convergence when you get your correct separation.

No solution unless Helifax makes different videos for different screen sizes :p.

But once you can play the game, you'll get the separation you want.
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

skyrimer wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:29 am Completely off topic and sorry to derail it, but I was intrigued with cm unleashed after your post, I never tried it before since my real 3d backlog is huge, still I gave a try to AC Origins using 3d fix manager and I'm really surprised you can get some really good 3d effect with it, there are a few artifacts and halos surrounding the main character but it's very playable if a fix is never released, another win for Helifax. Can it be improved somehow to minimize those issues?
The halos artifacts surrounding the main character can be reduced by tweaking the depth and convergence. The artifacts are at a minimum when the main character is closest to the screen. Basically the lower the disparity between the left and right image of the main character, the lower the halo will be. One thing to keep in mind is that CM Unleashed does not reproduce negative depths, objects behind the screen. In that case the main character will be flat.

Helifax fixed the issue with the flat objects behind the screen in Depth3DMode of his OpenGL3D Vision Wrapper, but I don't know if this can be fixed also in CM Unleashed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDeNL5Pba8U&t=380s).
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

masterotaku wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:31 am But once you can play the game, you'll get the separation you want.
Looking forward to that :)
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

I found that the easiest way to artificially lower perceived convergence/depth (at least if it's for temporary viewing like in this case), is to sit much closer to the screen than you normally would.
Likewise, to add depth to a very flat 3D material try to view it from very far away, like across the room.

As Masterotaku says, it's probably better to not lower depth or convergence to any demo material meant for 3D enthusiasts, as it might lower excitement and create false impression that Helifax's technique/wrapper is somehow lacking.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Shift-E wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:19 am I wouldn't get too hung up on the amount of views the video got. For me personally, I only browse this forum on devices that cannot view 3D - so i would have to remember to download it when at home on my 3D pc and watch on my tv (which clearly I forgot to do, but since have).

In just over a month this thread is closing in on 5000 views, and its going to keep growing believe me - so people are interested! and once fixes for certain ;) titles start getting underway you are going to see a lot of new lurkers I suspect :lol:

It's amazing work and progress in such a short time!
Still in barely three days it has 150+ views, not bad for such a niche hobby as 3d gaming that you can only know about on a very niche forum like MTBS3D. I bet if you could make this work on Helixvision and posted on Oculus or Index Reddit about RDR2 or Detroit working in 3D in VR, that number would grow in several thousand views.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Kermitou
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kermitou »

Amazing work Helifax, what wonderfull news !!! I downloaded the video of DBH and watched it with Power DVD 18 and wouahhh, respect !!! I've just finished this great game in 2D ! I It would be great to launch once again the musts like RDR2, Doom Ethernal, Wolfenstein, Rage 2, in 3D ...
Thanks again to all modders to keep 3D vision alive ;-) You are all awesome !
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

masterotaku wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:31 am
floph wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:58 am 2) The depth and the convergence are too high for my eyes and it's uncomfortable to watch in 3D.
Separation isn't a universal setting. What is too high for you (projector) is normal for me (27 inch monitor). If Helifax lowers separation in future videos, people with small monitors will say "What the hell? This is almost flat!".
Something you can do is changing the parallax with sView, but that will make it look like a lot higher convergence when you get your correct separation.

No solution unless Helifax makes different videos for different screen sizes :p.

But once you can play the game, you'll get the separation you want.
Another option for people who have VR headsets, is to watch the video in BigScreen or VirtualDesktop (HelixVision someday, but not today. :-)

Bring up YouTube and set it to 4K playback, then set it to full screen with F11 or the icon. Then in VirtualDesktop or BigScreen enable the SBS video option. F6 in VD.

You must see the video in 3D, it is truly spectacular. It's like watching a 4K 3D movie. Really great, makes me think that watching 3D videos this way might actually catch some VR attention.

The other huge benefit of watching this in VR, is that you can move the virtual screen farther away in this case, which lowers the 3D strength. If you can't really watch it because of the strength, try this.

Same goes for videos or pictures with not enough 3D depth, if you bring the screen closer, it will enhance the 3D. A virtual equivalent to sitting nearer or farther.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Is it not possible to view the video with nvidias stereo player? I keep getting an error it cannot open the file from 4k downloader.
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

Necropants wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:01 am Is it not possible to view the video with nvidias stereo player? I keep getting an error it cannot open the file from 4k downloader.

It works if you use the version
NVIDIA 3D-Vision-Video-Player-1.7.5
if I use a higher version it gives me the same error as yours

Funziona se usi la versione
NVIDIA-3D-Vision-Video-Player-1.7.5
se uso una versione superiore mi da lo stesso errore tuo

itsjustme
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by itsjustme »

Hey Helifax, I just send a little token of my appreciation your way via paypal :-). I used a lot of your patches since I got my 3D glasses and I thought that a little thank you was long overdue. And we might not be as few as you think! Whenever i post a comment to my favorite german gaming mag, about how much more fun 3D games are with 3D-Vision, I get a lot of responses from like minded people! I'm looking forward to your patch for Detroit: Become Human. When can I start to play? This year or next? No pressure, though :-)
friendlinzh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by friendlinzh »

Doom eternal in 3dvision would be a dream.It aims to enable 3D Stereoscopic rendering (Geometry 3D) in Vulkan games and applications (under Windows) for AMD/Nvidia graphics cards. It aims to be compatible with Nvidia 3D Vision, Virtual Reality (Using HelixVision) or any 3D Display. It aims to provide an "Universal" driver that can be used on all Vulkan games and applications in order to enable 3D Stereoscopic Support.fifa ultimate team is a great 3d game,it may need use Vk3DVision display version.i spend a lot of time on make fifa ultimate team fut coins trade marketplace to make money.
Last edited by friendlinzh on Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

itsjustme wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:10 pm Hey Helifax, I just send a little token of my appreciation your way via paypal :-). I used a lot of your patches since I got my 3D glasses and I thought that a little thank you was long overdue. And we might not be as few as you think! Whenever i post a comment to my favorite german gaming mag, about how much more fun 3D games are with 3D-Vision, I get a lot of responses from like minded people! I'm looking forward to your patch for Detroit: Become Human. When can I start to play? This year or next? No pressure, though :-)
Many thanks for the gift! It is much appreciated!

Sorry for being quite last week: I've been a bit busy in the last week with some other things .
I have a Demo version of Vk3DVision ready for Detroit:Become Human Demo (Basically the first mission). It just needs a bit more testing and to write some docs on how to get it running :)
The plan is to release it either later this evening or tomorrow :) This way you can play with it & give me some feedback in the process :mrgreen:
The fix for the final game is in progress :) It will require some time to get it done, as I will have to play the whole game again ^_^.

In the meantime, you can download the Demo for Detroit:Become Human either from Steam or Epic Store :)

Cheers,
Helifax
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

itsjustme
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by itsjustme »

helifax wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:02 am Many thanks for the gift! It is much appreciated!
Sorry for being quite last week: I've been a bit busy in the last week with some other things .
I have a Demo version of Vk3DVision ready for Detroit:Become Human Demo (Basically the first mission). It just needs a bit more testing and to write some docs on how to get it running :)
The plan is to release it either later this evening or tomorrow :) This way you can play with it & give me some feedback in the process :mrgreen:
The fix for the final game is in progress :) It will require some time to get it done, as I will have to play the whole game again ^_^.
In the meantime, you can download the Demo for Detroit:Become Human either from Steam or Epic Store :)
Cheers,Helifax
I was just planning my gaming schedule and calculated with 2-3 month anyway. I am aware that you have a job and probably a social life :D. So take the time you need. The community has already produced enough 3D-patches for games to last a lifetime :P. I shall manage to entertain myself till release 8-).
Many greetings,
Tom
Hi, I'm Tom. I work as a pc-technician and administrator of small networks with some experience writing scipts in c++ like environments. You can find some mods I wrote for Witcher 3 and Swtor at nexusmods.com My Setup: Ryzen 1600X, GTX 1070, Win10 Pro v1809, Standard Driver 451.48, Benq xl2720z, 3dv glasses 2, Oculus Rift CV1
Muojo
Cross Eyed!

Post by Muojo »

I haven't been on here much But I wanna donate money if this can work for other games and DX12. I am praying for a CyberPunk 3D fix and I will pay money for it @helifax
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Muojo wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:11 pm I haven't been on here much But I wanna donate money if this can work for other games and DX12. I am praying for a CyberPunk 3D fix and I will pay money for it @helifax
-_-

bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

helifax wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:52 pm
Muojo wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:11 pm I haven't been on here much But I wanna donate money if this can work for other games and DX12. I am praying for a CyberPunk 3D fix and I will pay money for it @helifax
-_-
Yeah, Muojo doesn't spend a lot of time reading. ;)

I promise that I will play your Detroit Demo and provide feedback.

(I will be making a beta version of HelixVision direct connect available later this week, and will send you the code so that you can also test it in HelixVision when the time is right.)
Muojo
Cross Eyed!

Post by Muojo »

bo3bber wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:55 pm
-_-

(I will be making a beta version of HelixVision direct connect available later this week, and will send you the code so that you can also test it in HelixVision when the time is right.)
Sadly time constraints man. In the middle of an internship, moving, and doing school

Is does Vulkan mean titles like CyberPunk are possible?
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

bo3bber wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:55 pm
-_-

Many thanks!
Looking forward to the new HellixVision as well ;) I didn't have the time to test it out with the current version, but it should work. Currently, I am still relying on 3D Vision for the separation and convergence values, but those can be easily stripped & replaced - as I did in OGL3DVision wrapper - to enable stereo without the need of Nvidia 3D Vision. Looking forward to the new version! )

Almost there with the demo version :D need to write some docs on how to set it up.

Cheers,
Helifax

itsjustme
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by itsjustme »

Muojo wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:13 pm Sadly time constraints man. In the middle of an internship, moving, and doing school. Is does Vulkan mean titles like CyberPunk are possible?
Since your question wasn't directly answered by the other posts, i give it a try :ugeek:. Vulkan is an alternative way for games to address your graphics card. It's an open standard and the successor to opengl. Since Cyberpunk 2077 supports exclusively DirectX 12 and not vulkan, the wrapper discussed here will not help you directly. But given the immense popularity of the game, it's quite possible that Helifax or one of our other great implementors will develop a patch for it, if at all possible. Your support will surely help to encourage development of future patches :mrgreen:
Hi, I'm Tom. I work as a pc-technician and administrator of small networks with some experience writing scipts in c++ like environments. You can find some mods I wrote for Witcher 3 and Swtor at nexusmods.com My Setup: Ryzen 1600X, GTX 1070, Win10 Pro v1809, Standard Driver 451.48, Benq xl2720z, 3dv glasses 2, Oculus Rift CV1
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

:woot Vk3DVision Demo for Detroit: Become Human - Demo :woot

You can grab it from here: http://www.3dsurroundgaming.com/Vk3DVision.html
Direct Link : http://www.3dsurroundgaming.com/Vk3DVis ... t_DEMO.rar

The instructions are in the archive, but I'll post them here just in case:

Code: Select all

==========================================================================
VK3DVision - A Vulkan Wrapper made by Helifax for Stereo3D in Vulkan API. 
www.http://3dsurroundgaming.com/
==========================================================================

Detroit: Become Human - Demo Stereo3D Fix for Nvidia 3D Vision.

This demo requires NVidia 3D Vision Monitor + Glasses.
(Other Stereo3D viewing methods will be added later)

=============
Game Setup:
=============
1. Download the game.
2. Start the game and wait for all the Shaders to be compiled!
3. Go to options and set your Resolution and Graphics settings. Window Mode can be either Borderless or Fullscreen, BUT NOT window mode.
4. Set Motion Blur to OFF.
5. Quit the game.
6. Go to "X:\DetroitBecomeHumanDemo" and open "GraphicsOptions.JSON" file. Find "FRAME_RATE_LIMIT" and set it to 4! Ex: "FRAME_RATE_LIMIT" : 4,

================
Windows Setup:
================
1. If you have multiple monitors, DISABLE them from Nvidia Control Panel. ONLY have the 3D Vision Ready Monitor Enabled & Primary!
2. Set your WINDOWS resolution to MATCH the GAME resolution. Ex: 1920x1080 both in Windows & in game.
3. Set your REFRESH rate to 120Hz.
!!! Not doing any of these steps will prevent Vk3DVision to switch to Exclusive Fullscreen - Required for 3D Vision Monitors to display in Stereo3D.

=================
Stereo3D Setup:
=================
1. Copy "ShaderSwap" folder & "Vk3DVisionWrapper.ini" in the game folder. Ex: "D:\DetroitBecomeHumanDemo"
2. Start "Vk3DVision.exe" and LEAVE IT RUNNING.
3. Start the game AS ADMINISTRATOR! (It is required at least one time to update the Nvidia Driver Profile for 3D Vision).
4. Play & Enjoy!

Known behaviour:
- If you have an active DisplayPort to DL-DVI adaptor, it can take up to a minute for the game to start! This is a problem with the adaptor.
- Using a DP or DVI direct connection doesn't have this issue.
- If the game starts but you can't see it after 1 minute, kill it using Task Manager and restart it. I get this problem a lot with 3D Vision Monitor & glasses but not with 3D Vision Discover (Anaglyph).
(Using latest DCH drivers + driver fix for 3D vision - Something here isn't quite right ^_^)

========
Fixed:
========
- Stereo3D in Vulkan Injection
- Shadows & Lights.
- Improved Depth of Field in Stereo3D - which greatly improves the in-game resolution quality compared to the video
(It cannot be removed as it is very tight related to the Temporal Component the game uses - TAA and other effects)
- Fixed UI (as much as possible)
- Fixed Particles effects.
- Disabled some extra Specular lights.
- Disable some screen depth Lense-flares.
- Some UI elements in "Mind Palace" mode are 2D - not fixed.
- What you saw in the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leYdYS7BBv8 is what the fix does.

Key Shortcuts:
- F1 & Middle Mouse Button - lower convergence.
- F2 & Right Mouse Button - lower convergence & separation.
Use reWASD(https://www.rewasd.com/) to bind keyboard shortcuts to your controller.
- If you have a PS4 controller I recommend playing with it. The game (ex PS4 exclusive) has some great controls for the PS4 touch-pad.
This is the same version (a bit improved) that was used to record the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leYdYS7BBv8

FOLLOW the instructions and give it a go :)
All feedback is appreciated!

Cheers,
Helifax

PS: If you already have the full game and don't want to download the Demo, the demo-fix still works for the first mission :)

Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

nice! I will check out the Demo after work..
Muojo
Cross Eyed!

Post by Muojo »

itsjustme wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:43 am
Muojo wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:13 pm Sadly time constraints man. In the middle of an internship, moving, and doing school. Is does Vulkan mean titles like CyberPunk are possible?
Since your question wasn't directly answered by the other posts, i give it a try :ugeek:. Vulkan is an alternative way for games to address your graphics card. It's an open standard and the successor to opengl. Since Cyberpunk 2077 supports exclusively DirectX 12 and not vulkan, the wrapper discussed here will not help you directly. But given the immense popularity of the game, it's quite possible that Helifax or one of our other great implementors will develop a patch for it, if at all possible. Your support will surely help to encourage development of future patches :mrgreen:
Thanks for the explanation. So does this fix fro Become Human, mean it can be applied to any Vulkan game?
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Muojo wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:31 am
itsjustme wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:43 am
Thanks for the explanation. So does this fix fro Become Human, mean it can be applied to any Vulkan game?
No... If it's a fix for Detroit - Demo...

thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Hi Helifax,

Demo starts and 3DV is active, but then the game crashes to desktop. I am pretty sure I have followed your directions correctly. If the wrapper is not initiated, the demo runs as intended. With the wrapper active, I get the crash.

W10-1903/1070/451.48

I'll keep playing around with it, but wanted to offer some initial feedback.
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

thebigdogma wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:51 am Hi Helifax,

Demo starts and 3DV is active, but then the game crashes to desktop. I am pretty sure I have followed your directions correctly. If the wrapper is not initiated, the demo runs as intended. With the wrapper active, I get the crash.

W10-1903/1070/451.48

I'll keep playing around with it, but wanted to offer some initial feedback.
If you disable fullscreen in the ini file, does it still crash?
Can you send me the crash dumps from the game folder? They are named exceptionXX.dmp. I would like to investigate those :)

Does it crash of just hangs? Look in Task Manager if the process is still running. Like I said, sometimes I need to try to launch it a couple of times until it actually starts. (Thank Nvidia 3D Vision driver for that.)

Cheers,
Helifax

thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

The game runs with fullscreen false in the .ini, but takes a huge framerate hit and 3DV doesn't kick-in.

crash dump file attached.

Oh... and it's not hanging, exits back to Steam and is no longer running in TM.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by thebigdogma on Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

If you disable fullscreen in the ini file, does it still crash?

Does it crash of just hangs? Look in Task Manager if the process is still running. Like I said, sometimes I need to try to launch it a couple of times until it actually starts. (Thank Nvidia 3D Vision driver for that.)

even if you disable fullscreen the game closes itself
anche disabilitando fullscreen il gioco si chiude da solo

using Vk3DVision
in task manager the game starts but then disappears it closes by itself
in task manager il gioco parte ma poi sparisce si chiude da solo

without the game it works

helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

thebigdogma wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:23 am The game runs with fullscreen false in the .ini, but takes a huge framerate hit and 3DV doesn't kick-in.

crash dump file attached.

Oh... and it's not hanging, exits back to Steam and is no longer running in TM.
That is a crash in the nvidia driver, like I said.
What is puzzling is this:
thebigdogma wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:23 am but takes a huge framerate hit and 3DV doesn't kick-in.
Can you download and try the Epic Store version?
I haven't tried the Steam version. They should be identical, but who knows!
I'll download that version as well.

You are running a GTX 1070... I wonder if the shaders are different on NON-RTX cards... I only have RTX cards to test ^_^. But, I'll try my best to find something else to try on ;)
Also, I know this sounds stupid, but did you disable the Steam Overlay?! (Just in case ^_^)

EDIT: The Steam Demo version seems to be 4GB bigger than the EPIC Store one?!
Last edited by helifax on Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Will do!
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

thebigdogma wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:32 amWill do!
Out of the curiosity what CPU do you have? (I only tested it on my 2 machines, both equipped with an Intel i9 9900k and RTX 2080Ti & RTX 2080 respectively).

thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Same issue with the Epic version.

...And Steam Overlay was disabled. :D

i7/9700
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

thebigdogma wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:03 pm Same issue with the Epic version.

i7/9700
Did you get the game to compile the shaders before starting the fix?
What if you set the game as running in Borderless Fullscreen and NOT exclusive fullscreen?

For me the Steam Version simply refuses to start... it just hangs. THIS IS THE NATIVE GAME! :|
Last edited by helifax on Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

helifax wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:17 pm
thebigdogma wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:03 pm Same issue with the Epic version.

i7/9700
Did you get the game to compile the shaders before starting the fix?
What if you set the game as running in Borderless Fullscreen and NOT exclusive fullscreen?
I did compile shaders first.

Went into the game, set to "Borderless Windowed." Exited game, started wrapper, back into game... 3DV kicks-in, then game crashes and exits back out to the Epic laumcher.
Last edited by thebigdogma on Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”