The Sony HMD is real!

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Re: The Sony HMD is real!

Post by ancjob »

PalmerTech wrote:
3dvison wrote:Although from a review on this site (PalmerTech) for the Phillips scuba, it sounds like too much weight on the forehead can be bad also.

The Scuba had such a fabulous head mounting system, strap wise. The front was not very comfortable, though. :( Unfortunately, the Scuba was 1.2lbs, and the HMZ-T1 is 0.9lbs. Not really much of a difference, so lets hope that it is comfortable for long term use!

The best design for HMDs is where they can get the weight to rest on the top of your head. No inertia problems, and you barely even notice it is there!
sp palmer do you think that V4/V6/V8 were really comfortable to wear....seemed bulky to me

now coming to optics - i am really thinking seriously if the optics of the sony HMD will beat that of emagin z800.....at all!

why i get the feeling that viz-a-viz optics z800 is undisputed - hope sony will prove me wrong ! ;)
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

The V4/V6/V8 is bulky, but it is still comfortable. There is a rod going out the back that makes the cable stick way out, and it counterbalances the front of the unit without weighing much. It puts most of the weight on top of your head, and that is critical.

I am fairly certain the new Sony optics are going to be better than the Z800 optics. Technology has advanced a lot, and Sony has some of the best optical engineers on the planet.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

PalmerTech wrote:The V4/V6/V8 is bulky, but it is still comfortable. There is a rod going out the back that makes the cable stick way out, and it counterbalances the front of the unit without weighing much. It puts most of the weight on top of your head, and that is critical.

I am fairly certain the new Sony optics are going to be better than the Z800 optics. Technology has advanced a lot, and Sony has some of the best optical engineers on the planet.
yeah! palmer you instill me with hope.... ;)

you know the issue with HMDs is that not even one single HMD is perfect !
if optics is good than screens are bad/so-so and vice-versa...
that's why some of us here keep investing a lot in buying HMDs and still not satisfied with what they have got ...becoz of thes lacking in optics/weight/screen quality !

sometimes i get myself into despair...as these are expensive but devoid of quality....even the z800 despite great optics suffers from being non-plug'n'play with screens lacking in sharpness and limited adjustment options viz-a-viz image enhancement....:(

sony HMd's big processor box is somewhat annoying.....why is that sony 'd to make such a box to give out signal to headset - when you look at cinemizer OLEd which has small battery box with HDMI input....seems odd...at least makes the unit not at all portable! :evil:
imPsimon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by imPsimon »

Found a nice picture of the optics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Okta

Post by Okta »

It looks like that lens assembly can pop off with a few screws, although i wouldnt have expected it. I cant imagine it possible to cobble together something better than sony to replace it though. If these thing take off imagine an after market FOV upgrade kit :D
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
3dvison
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by 3dvison »

imPsimon wrote:Found a nice picture of the optics
Yes, I also saw that picture a few days ago..It just looks well done, solid, tight, polished, I know nothing of optics but that just looks well made, and I bet it does the job it was made for very well indeed.
Aeroflux
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Aeroflux »

ancjob wrote: you know the issue with HMDs is that not even one single HMD is perfect !
if optics is good than screens are bad/so-so and vice-versa...
that's why some of us here keep investing a lot in buying HMDs and still not satisfied with what they have got ...becoz of thes lacking in optics/weight/screen quality !

sometimes i get myself into despair...as these are expensive but devoid of quality....even the z800 despite great optics suffers from being non-plug'n'play with screens lacking in sharpness and limited adjustment options viz-a-viz image enhancement....:(

sony HMd's big processor box is somewhat annoying.....why is that sony 'd to make such a box to give out signal to headset - when you look at cinemizer OLEd which has small battery box with HDMI input....seems odd...at least makes the unit not at all portable! :evil:
This is precisely why I haven't invested in 3D equipment for a long while. What Sony should be advertising, instead of this being the first 3D personal viewer, is the truth: This is a high quality headset in the first generation of capable HMDs that are not prohibitively expensive, and don't sacrifice much for it. That's incredible news! The Cinemizer and Wrap 1200VR are competitors in their own right, and hopefully this will inspire a wider range of HMDs in the coming years, far more capable and begin representing Moore's law.

Since the early 90's I've been watching 3D technology struggle to advance. The problem is clear: Where the hardware is present the software is lacking. Good software supports few devices which almost always have crippling flaws. The introduction of 120Hz monitors/HDTVs with HDMI 3D specifications seems to be the catalyst in providing universal hardware support. With nVidia and ATI finally taking a vested interest in S3D gaming and their videocards reaching a point where it's feasible to have S3D on a budget, the ground work has been set for a good quality HMD to enter the market and gain popularity through a suitable library of entertainment. People have already invested in 3D Blu-Ray Players and gaming consoles, in many cases a PS3 which is capable of both tasks. This was a very smart move by Sony, and the chances of adoption are stronger than I've ever seen them before. Sony has also been wise to make the device open to all forms of 3D instead of restricting it to their own hardware.

The processor box is also an HDMI pass-through box, and it probably represents a bit more weight than Sony wanted to allow on the headset. They clearly understand that weight is an issue, and the flush design of the head brace on the back is a result of many people wanting to rest their head on something while watching.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

Aeroflux - you are right !
sony clearly has taken the initiative to reach out to masses with a great universal 3D headset incorporating the latest input base - hdmi 1.3/hdmi 1.4a with 3d....

i was craving this to happen - vuzix has not yet learnt anything and continue making 'cheap' headset instead of quality ones like that of sony - becoz sony has the strength to do it...

1)sony has their own OLED production factory so not dependent on anybody else!
2)best human resource available for designing 3D hardware / software
3)PS3 with 3D firmware update is to get the boost in sales with this unit to challenge xbox , nintendo etc....once i get this - i will get the latest PS3 as well to exploit the headset to it's max.

it's very calculated move on part of sony to bring in this headset and usher in a new era of HMDs.....

let's see when this will be released in INDIA as i wanna have this with proper after sales/support as well....
mAchiNE

Post by mAchiNE »

Cant wait for this! its going to be awesome, if it is not comfortable for long term use I will mount mine to an old Vritual Research V4 frame I have and then it should be perfect.

And yes its great timing for Sony to bring this out, and I hope it is a catalyst for other HMD manufacturers to up their game in terms of quality and specification. :)
Current System:
Oculus Rift Dev Kit, 3x 23" Passive 3D Monitors in 3D Vision Surround, Novint Falcon, 3rd Space Gaming Vest, ButtKicker, Razer Hydra, Logitech G25.
Previous 3D Systems:
Viewsonic PJD6531w 3D DLP Projector, Vuzix VR920, 24" Alienware and 22" Samsung 3D Vision Monitors, eDimensional 3D Glasses with 19" CRT Monitor
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I can still barely believe this is actually coming out. I was so sure it was just a random R&D thing that was never going to materialize.

Like this thing:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lf0t6gWLB0[/youtube]
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

cybereality wrote:I can still barely believe this is actually coming out. I was so sure it was just a random R&D thing that was never going to materialize.
they got great R&D going on next only to area 51 activity in usa.... :lol:

btw some info regd their oled tech here : http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthre ... p=20914452" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"These Sony are not True OLED, they are properly called OLED-CF, CF standing for "color filter". Instead of three, distinctly different colored sub-pixel elements (OLEDs) glowing in red, green, and blue, like how a plasma TV works or True OLED TVs like that 11 inch Sony made in 2008 (?), what you have in this HMD are four white OLED sub-pixels and then over the top of them are four color filters (a bit similar to how LCDTVs work) one red, green, blue , and at least in the case of this Sony, a white.

Here's why. OLED's work great but the blue ones have a serious longevity problem. "14,000 hours" is best case scenario and I think that means like when half of the pixels are shot, and you may have one or two start to blow after just a few hundred or thousand hours. Oh no, dead pixels! The solution? DON'T MAKE BLUE OLEDS! Instead, make white ones, which have more than double the lifetime, and color their output with filters! There is some loss of light output but the fast on /off switching, which makes OLED better than LCD in terms of response time, is preserved. [Not sure about color accuracy, though; it may reduce the technology back down to "LCD" quality in that regard compared to True OLED. These things are so new it is hard to tell. We need to wait for the pro reviewers.]"

so it's not true OLEDs but OLED-CF - that's new and reason justifies.......
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Will I go insane from using one of these HMD things?
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
Aeroflux

Post by Aeroflux »

Chiefwinston wrote:Will I go insane from using one of these HMD things?
Only if someone puts superglue on the headstrap. :mrgreen:
Okta

Post by Okta »

Chiefwinston wrote:Will I go insane from using one of these HMD things?
With your taste in music id say its a bit late :lol:
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

I want a hmd too, seems like a trill not to pass up like going on a triple loop rollercoaster. I hope sony sells them in my city SONY Store or something cause i ain't ordering from the states or anywhere thats forsure. And i hope they put a demo unit out to test too. I am excited about the hmd craze but hearing all the stories about diformities and discomfort along with missing components to cheapen the prices sets my excitment down alot. If this don't turn out to be any good then its just another 3d blunder as far as i am concerned.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Synexious »

Dom wrote:I am excited about the hmd craze but hearing all the stories about diformities and discomfort along with missing components to cheapen the prices sets my excitment down alot.
What deformities? What missing components? What if it's really good but isn't released in your country? You just won't buy it? This device is so amazing I'd definitely buy it even if it was a Japanese-only release.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Aphradonis wrote:This device is so amazing I'd definitely buy it even if it was a Japanese-only release.
Yeah, if it were Japanese-only I would certainly still get it. Might even increase the appeal.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Aphradonis wrote:
What deformities? What missing components? What if it's really good but isn't released in your country? You just won't buy it? This device is so amazing I'd definitely buy it even if it was a Japanese-only release.
Well thats what i heard and seen in the videos, that the thing rests on your nose to much and the speakers are low quality and the plastic shell is like ready to snap at any time. And the headtracker is missing. I am not totally dissing sony for their hmd product all i am saying is that what people are talking and reviewing about. It does not make me justify hundred and hundreds of dollars out of my pocket just to see the same 3d content effects that i would see on a 3d monitor only on a super imposed secluded screen.

I really want it but now i am thinking i want a headtracker maybe idk, anything thats available in my city that i can add to my office would be nice. I ain't that dire to order from another country, sounds like a huge dept burden and mail snag.

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

Dom wrote:Well thats what i heard and seen in the videos, that the thing rests on your nose to much and the speakers are low quality and the plastic shell is like ready to snap at any time.
That sounds contrary to most of the reviews I have seen, got any links? It does not appear to even have a nosepad, it is designed to not touch your nose at all, and I have only heard the build quality described as solid, as much as you would expect from an $800 product. No idea on the speakers, not getting my hopes up though.

EDIT: Looking harder, it seems it does have an adjustable nosepiece. Most of the reviewers are still calling it comfortable, though.
3dvison
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by 3dvison »

"PalmerTech"" Looking harder, it seems it does have an adjustable nosepiece. Most of the reviewers are still calling it comfortable, though."

Yes it does have a nosepiece but I think when the unit is adjusted correctly, most of the weight should be on the forhead pad.
pierreye
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pierreye »

I just put myself in the pre-order list in avsforum.com. They mention Sony promise them the first shipment in Oct.
Aeroflux

Post by Aeroflux »

Just keeping the facts straight. There was no mention of Sony promising a shipment to AVS in October. I'm pointing this out because the Sony Reps at IFA were not consistent with the details on release, much less the headset. I am also on the pre-order list, so I completely understand the want for an expedited release. :D
PalmerTech wrote:
Dom wrote:Well thats what i heard and seen in the videos, that the thing rests on your nose to much and the speakers are low quality and the plastic shell is like ready to snap at any time.
That sounds contrary to most of the reviews I have seen, got any links? It does not appear to even have a nosepad, it is designed to not touch your nose at all, and I have only heard the build quality described as solid, as much as you would expect from an $800 product. No idea on the speakers, not getting my hopes up though.

EDIT: Looking harder, it seems it does have an adjustable nosepiece. Most of the reviewers are still calling it comfortable, though.
Aeroflux wrote:A new Sony video showing some interesting bits about using the headset itself:

How to use a Sony Personal 3D Viewer Headset

Different bits I gleaned from the video:

3 different forehead pads will ship with the device

HDMI Out is on the rear, independent of the HMD itself, so it will be possible to feed the signal back into the HDTV.

OLED>Eye Alignment software within the headset itself.

Underside light shield is shown.

Headset is NOT supposed to rest on the nose at all.
I can only assume that the nose piece adjusts to keep out of the way. I certainly won't be resting it on my nose. More than half the crowd that I saw on youtube videos didn't even take the time to wear it correctly, so it's no surprise to see some negative reviews for comfort.

As for build quality, there is a hands-on impression of that right in this forum!
Aeroflux wrote:Thanks for the preview!

Regarding the HMZ-T1:

Did you notice any screen door effect (visible dots)? It may be a stupid question, but I've never seen an OLED display (much less an HMD) in person.

Was the forehead pad adjustable?

Any diopter adjustment?

How is the horizontal alignment?

What about the overall build quality, good vs. bad?

Did you ask the Sony rep any questions? Any interesting bits about the headset?

As far as the menu options:

Was there tint/hue? Color saturation?

You mentioned the ability to change the 2D/3D mode...are there multiple modes for 3D, i.e. different types of signals?

I'm just trying to get an idea of how far I can take this with a blu-ray calibration disc.
Syntax wrote:@ShawmK
Wéll the thing is that they officially only showed the vr1200 model next I was asking them about the 920, the man was lookin for it and only found the 280xl so i think it was no intention to let me try the new vs old model.

To your second question I think the headphones where fixed into it but maybe you can just saw them off if you like to use your headphones :lol: ^.

I wasnt able to look where the hmds where connected to coz the cable was fixed into the desk but I think you can buy a hdmi2vga adapter that will work fine.

@Aeroflux

1# Unlike the smartphone AMOLED Displays where you ve the feeling of seeing individual dots the picture of the HMZ-T1 was just like a very high contrast lcd-display which you are used to your HD TV.

2# Yes it is

3#There was indeed an optical adjustment for it but only to fix the correct eyepositioning of individual people so I dont think there was an diopter adjustment for it but I can be wrong

4#The horizonatl allignment was just breathtaking as you can see in my review it was truely cinema-like.
Also the edges looked clean and had no imagedistortion at all

5#Built quality was very high havent noticed any drawbacks

6# Yes I did
I asked them if there will be other skin sets to buy (you know like the cool Tron Skin that was innitially showed at CES 2011 prototype)
But he didnt know
Also I asked the price point and here it gets confusing
He said that it will come out late December(Europe) for 800 euros (1000 $)
Other sources on the net hints to a 600 $ Price but it can be fake.
but all in all I can assure u its a very highproduct which can be comapred to the 5-10k highclass HMDs that are out there!

7#there were multiple options to tweak the immage in terms of:

colour saturation
brightness
contrast
sharpness(pulled that thing to the max after it looked like 1080p just awesome)
and some other things i dont remember sorry

8# As far as I noticed there was only a 3D on/off mode so no profiles
The Headphones:
  • Driver Unit : Open air dinamic
  • Frequency Response : 12-24,000Hz
  • Impedance : 24?
  • Maximum Input : 1,000mW (IEC)
  • Sensitivity : 106dB/mW
Of course, quality is very subjective when it comes to audio. I know I'll be sliding these back and attempting to split the signal to my receiver...second best would be my Sennheiser HD650s...third would be my Hi-FiMan RE0s.
3dvison
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by 3dvison »

From the Sony website.

"Kick back in comfort since the wearable HDTV is supported by forehead and headband straps, not just the bridge of your nose. "
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

Aeroflux wrote:third would be my Hi-FiMan RE0s.
High-five for RE0s! Love mine so much, best earbuds out there for the price.

I have a pretty heavily modded set of Audiotechnica AD700s I would love to mount on this thing, they are the most immersive headphones I have ever used, the soundstage is incredible, and the comfort is astounding.

Very, very excited that it will not be resting on the nose. :D
Aeroflux

Post by Aeroflux »

PalmerTech wrote:
Aeroflux wrote:third would be my Hi-FiMan RE0s.
High-five for RE0s! Love mine so much, best earbuds out there for the price.

I have a pretty heavily modded set of Audiotechnica AD700s I would love to mount on this thing, they are the most immersive headphones I have ever used, the soundstage is incredible, and the comfort is astounding.

Very, very excited that it will not be resting on the nose. :D
High-five! :lol: I've been using them for a few months now (my first set of quality IEMs), and I still can't believe how good they are. Tight and unobtrusive in the low end, the mids are full bodied, and the treble doesn't shove daggers in my ears when I turn it up. I use them with my iphone most of the time; with a very nice variable-point EQ app called EQu.

Nice set of cans! I haven't gotten to modding anything yet, really want to put a better cable on the buds but my soldering skills are not good enough yet. :|
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

pierreye wrote:I just put myself in the pre-order list in avsforum.com. They mention Sony promise them the first shipment in Oct.
what's the link for pre-order page for this HMD ?
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Yeah getting into sound quality, i am an audiophile and have been for over 10 years. I have three 5.1 surround and bose headphones and when i get in the right mood it sounds as though my music is coming from outside my head with pound and definition. Sony really needs some earbuds that have like surround with nano made 10 speakers around the edge circle and one center core deep base speaker. Music and sound is so far away from what it could be. I don't even think studios record each instrument and voice with an equalizer to match the songs rythem and beats. Q-sound was one wicked thing, almost like holographic emulated sound.

One thing to note about the hmd on your nose is that thing sagging and pinching, yowch. And is that head band gonna snap in two after ahile or once your friend beams it on their head.

Cyberia on Youtube

Aeroflux

Post by Aeroflux »

Dom wrote:One thing to note about the hmd on your nose is that thing sagging and pinching, yowch. And is that head band gonna snap in two after ahile or once your friend beams it on their head.
I addressed your concern just a couple posts ago with a hands-on impression of quality, and a video showing JUST how to put on the HMD. It clearly shows that there is no pressure on the nose.
Okta

Post by Okta »

Palmers Wide5 review has just reminded me what a piece of crap this thing still is with its puny 45 degree field of view and gotten my thought direction back to a custom HMD.
Last edited by Okta on Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Ok
Aeroflux wrote:I addressed your concern just a couple posts ago with a hands-on impression of quality, and a video showing JUST how to put on the HMD. It clearly shows that there is no pressure on the nose.
Ok I will stop and just let it be. But i surely hope that since hmd are making their debut again and since i've wanted one from the age of 14 or so, I want something high quality and perfectly functional. I can live with the set standards they have for consumber hmd's and I am just diying to get my hands on one.

I am actually trying to brainstorm some new ideas for a better sight hmd. Currently i am in the middle towards either an "optics with display in one" or a lightbox lcd transmitter of some sort that transfers the image through a short fibre optic cable and spreads it out onto a transparent hold film.

I never actually seen anyone put an image through a fibre optic cable before, have any of you people seen it done before?

I hope i am not wrecking anyones aspirations :P

Cyberia on Youtube

Okta

Post by Okta »

Dom wrote:Ok
Aeroflux wrote:I addressed your concern just a couple posts ago with a hands-on impression of quality, and a video showing JUST how to put on the HMD. It clearly shows that there is no pressure on the nose.
Ok I will stop and just let it be. But i surely hope that since hmd are making their debut again and since i've wanted one from the age of 14 or so, I want something high quality and perfectly functional. I can live with the set standards they have for consumber hmd's and I am just diying to get my hands on one.

I am actually trying to brainstorm some new ideas for a better sight hmd. Currently i am in the middle towards either an "optics with display in one" or a lightbox lcd transmitter of some sort that transfers the image through a short fibre optic cable and spreads it out onto a transparent hold film.

I never actually seen anyone put an image through a fibre optic cable before, have any of you people seen it done before?

I hope i am not wrecking anyones aspirations :P
Here you go http://www.edmundoptics.com/products/di ... uctid=1355" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks expensive and complex.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

So essensially you could have a dlp mirror that is driven by some lasers through a fibre optic video conduit onto a transparent hold film <--i'm not sure what the technical term for that is.

Cyberia on Youtube

Okta

Post by Okta »

And im not really sure of the benefits instead of just using displays and optics in front of the eye given the small scale.
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

Dom wrote: I never actually seen anyone put an image through a fibre optic cable before, have any of you people seen it done before?
One of the very first HMD designs used CRTs coupled to a head mount through fiber optic cables: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=11955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Usually when you combine two functions into one it makes a product cheaper. So an optics and display screen in one could be cheaper and more compact. Like if you could get about a centimeter long optics with a display screen to it, the hmd size would be greatly reduced. The opctics would just have to be warped so that whole screen could be shown at the right distance I guess.

Whats the reason a hmd like in the sony hmz-t1 the screens are so far back? Is that for the effect of fov and distance superimposition?

And with a dlp driven laser hmd, which i am not sure is a good idea, is for one thing quality and cheapness of the parts like 1080p.

Other than that i will have to think somemore.

Cyberia on Youtube

Aeroflux

Post by Aeroflux »

It's all well and good to dream about a perfect HMD, I've been doing so since '93. I remember when Kaiser was working on Laser HMDs...that was a long time ago. After fifteen years, I'm tired of dreaming about the damn dream.

To me this headset will do a LOT towards perfection. Excluding the Cinemizer this is the only OLED headset under 1k. It will certainly have better support through hardware and software. This is it.

3D Console games: Check
3D PC Games: Check
3D Blu-Ray players: Check
3D Broadcasts: Check

You tell me when this much 3D content was available for ONE headset. Never. NEVER!
WiredEarp

Post by WiredEarp »

I seem to remember that quite a few of the earlier, military HMD's, used fiber optics to bypass the limitations with small, lightweight displays at the time. Pretty sure the fiber optic system alone was worth like 50K in the one I was reading about.

I wouldn't say this would be particularly feasible nowadays compared to the cost of small LCD's etc.
lllJameslll
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by lllJameslll »

I am from the UK and cant wait for these to get here. So far I cant find a confirmed release date and price for it over here. I read somewere that the price may be up to £700 which would mean a price tag of around $1100. If the release is later over here and the price is bloated, I am consider importing from either Japan or the US as the price tag of $800 would make it £500 + transport (which should definetly cost less than £200). My question to those in the know is if I import one is there any compatability issues I have to consider? the resolution is the same for all so I figure the old PAL NSTC problem is not an issue, the power simply needs a plug adapter. Is there anything Im missing?

Thanks for any help in advance.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

It's weird there is no price nor release date on Sony UK website. On the French one you can pre-order it at 799€ with a no-cost delivery in mid-december. I guess it's as close a location as possible for an englishman...

The link on sony.fr : http://www.sony.fr/product/head-mounted-display/hmz-t1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lllJameslll
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by lllJameslll »

Yeah thanks Fredz, looking at Sonys sites it looks like everywhere has been given a date and price appart from the UK. I even phoned Sony UK up today to see if they could tell me anything and they said even they havnt been given any information about the product or when to expect it. With Europe looking like we are paying through the nose for this product with Sonys $ to £ to Euro conversion being 1:1 I think I will try to import one to get it earlier and cheaper.

If anyone knows anywhere that will be selling these in either the US or Japan and that provide an international delivery service I would be greatfull to be pointed in the right direction.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”