[help!]Stereo 3D auto-detection is failing in my 3d visor

johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

[help!]Stereo 3D auto-detection is failing in my 3d visor

Post by johnoliver »

hi,
after some helpful tips on 3d setting for the Oblivion game, I thought I will start playing...but no, my Emagin Z800 visor starts failing to detect 3d stereo~ it's like "It stays in 2D mode. Sometimes, it goes into 3D mode for a plit second, the mode light also turns green for a split second, then it goes back into 2D mode." (I can see this as in the nvidia testing pic, the pic was sometimes in 3d~ the 3 dimentional squares pic...., and sometimes flickering like crazy as in 2d mode)
And I have no idea if it's the vga cable, or just some bad connection of the wire...I have tried switching cables, reboot, uninstall and reinstall the nvidia drivers, and this problem still persist, ~ right now I can only use it in 2d mode as I can't get it to stay in 3d, and all of the pic/video is flickering like crazy. Could someone please help, thanks in advance :roll:
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

and also, sometimes if I am lucky, the pic shows 3d stereo in the nvidia testing, it would quickly turn back to the flickering pic if I move my head or wire...again I am not completely sure what;s wrong because I tried to shake my head or the wire in hope of getting the pic turns back to 3d, but it doesn't reli work...
~ this is a new model as I just got it for about a month and I haven't reli had the time to play...and now I am getting crazy :cry:
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

again, I don't know if this is a common with shutter glasses?
>>and now I am considering getting a pair of thoes e-dimentional glasses, are they any better?....I am getting desparated to play 3d stereo :oops:
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

I don't own an Emagin visor.

Try forcing VSYNC off - that might be setting it off.

Did it come on suddenly? What driver combination are you using?

Neil
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

hI,
Where is the VSYNC off option?
I can't seem to find it in the nvidia panel.
~I am tried using the 91.31, 93.71 and 93.81 pairs (and yes the # all match on both the forceware and stereo driver)
~thx for your help
>>and yes, sometimes it comes on suddently, sometimes it's already flickering when I boot up my pc, even if the stereo driver was already enabled....so it's kinda random @@"
Neil

Post by Neil »

Make sure the NVIDIA driver is set for ADVANCED options.

Under "Performance & Quality Settings" there should be a Vertical Sync option - select OFF (not application controlled).

Neil
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

Hi, I tried your suggestion, and it's not working....
My computer is dual core cpu, but works fine as I read the forum that if I encounter problem in certain games I can just disable it to single core for 3d gaming with my z800. Also, I did have this kind of trouble(the flickering imgae in nvidia testing when stereo driver is enabled) when I 1st received the visor a month ago, but it is usually fix after a few reboots... and I did manage to get it work for 3d gaming for like 2,3 times & when the stereo 3d works, it's really beautiful...but it's just recently, this problem persists more and more and I have no idea if it's I have received a defective item because I haven't really played it much since I got it...
~also, I did try on another pc, I have 2 pc, one has Nvidia 5750, one is 7600gs, both have the same problem when connect with z800 using stereo 3d now...
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

o yeah, the game i tested b4 was PAINKILLER, simply beautiful...wut a shame it's not working now :roll:
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi John,

It's starting to sound more and more like a hardware problem.

Is it still under warranty?

You should ask RageDemon (Shahzad) if he has crossed this problem before. He's our friendly neighborhood Emagin-man. :wink:

Regards,
Neil
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

hi,
thanks so much for your help, this itme is pretty new, I got it ordered from the Cyberworld website "www.cwonline.com", and received it around early April, and haven't really played much except for a few testing run. So I am getting both disapointed and frustated....

and could you refer my problem to RageDemon (Shahzad)? Thanks so much; and I just emailed Emagin's tech support, still waiting to hear more from them...thx for your help
Neil

Post by Neil »

Rage is usually on Emagin threads like white on rice. Oh wait! Here he comes now....

:lol: :lol: :lol: JUST KIDDING :lol: :lol: :lol:

He'll pop in shortly, I'm sure.

Neil
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

and as you can see, I joined the forum around the time I got my visor...so I am pretty new to the stereo gaming business...but I think I did my homework...was also reading some posts on stereovision.net, 3dvisor forum, nvidia forum & stereo3d.com
>>but I none of the above forum is as active as MTBS :wink:
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Sorry for the late reply johnoliver. In the end, I had to be prodded by a pm from you.

Unfortunately, this sounds like a hardware fault. I have not encountered this kind of thing on the z800 but it used to happen to some people on the i-glasses SVGA 3D.

Aside parroting what neil suggested: making sure refresh is forced to 60Hz and Vsync is on, there is nothing more that can really be done.

Are you connecting the z800 straight to your card without any passthrough or extension cables or adapters?

I would hurry and get it replaced before the warranty runs out.

-- Shahzad
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hey! I didn't think of that.

Yes - make sure BOTH outputs are set for 60Mhz. If the screens aren't properly synced, I wonder if that would cause the flickering and jumpiness you are getting.

Also, in the stereo settings, tick the option that forces the refresh rate at the stereo resolution. Thay may help too.

Neil
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

Thanks for all you guys' help...I gave up, after numerous attempt, switching driver combo from 91.31>>93.71>>93.81...and reinstalling the z800 drivers, switching vga calbes with my regular LCD monitor analoge vga cables, seting VSync on and off....etc, none of this work :cry:
~ I am working on the return/repair process now...sigh

~thank you guys again

ps: now I kinda regret the $ spent on the visor, which is so expensive that I can almost get an Edimentional glasses with a 3d projector set-up...I guess I realized too late>_<"
Neil

Post by Neil »

Don't be so hard on yourself. You probably just got a bad apple of the bunch. As long as they replace it, you'll be fine!

Did you guys read about Emagin's latest financial results? Looks like they did well last quarter.

Regards,
Neil
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

o reli!
Last time I heard was emagin wasn't doing well, and the visor price increase craze, and also the forum being locked...etc and also something about their aweful customer service...
>>but my personal experience is, the techsupport people are really responsive to questions, just today, I already went back and forth with the tech guy for a few email reply...altho none of his reponse solve my problem...sigh, I guess I just got bad luck this time...

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”