NEW 1.07.0032 iZ3D Beta Driver on MTBS!

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

NEW 1.07.0032 iZ3D Beta Driver on MTBS!

Post by Neil »

You can download the latest iZ3D 1.07.0032 Beta Drivers here:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/dloads/index.php?act=view&id=33

New features:

1. Better DirectX 8 compatibility and stability.

2. The auto-convergence algorithm is much better. There are also special parameters to adjust search area and the auto-convergence speed via the config profile:

SearchFrameSizeY is the vertical size of the search area (this makes the auto-convergence more stable, but progressivly slower).
m_ShiftSpeed is the speed of auto-convergence.

3. OpenGL Quad Buffered Emulation Mode now lets you run quad buffered applications on traditional NVIDIA and AMD GPUs. Set EmulateQB to 1 in the config file and use the regular Dual View mode in your display drivers.

4. GRID Race run well on both ATI and NVIDIA GPU solutions.

5. Unreal Tournament 2004 map loading bug was corrected.

See what you think and post all issues here.

Regards,
Neil
Last edited by Neil on Fri May 23, 2008 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrHugoHugo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MrHugoHugo »

Hi,

is the new beta compatible to R6Vegas 2? The last wasnt afaik...

Thx guys :)
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

will try the GRID demo, it didn't work before.
Will post shots and maybe a video (if the framerate is smooth enough)
Neil

Post by Neil »

Yes. I'm working on the R6V2 review as we speak. Be aware that the guns will be much too separated like the original Rainbow Six Vegas. Also, if you have problems, reduce Antialiasing - that's what the compatibility problem was caused by.

Regards,
Neil
Ryan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ryan »

Thanks iz3d for releasing these drivers. I would love to test them out, but will have to wait for 3D DLP support/checkerboard stereo. Any chance this will be included at some point? Thanks again.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

awesome! can't wait for the shutterglass addon
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

ok, i just tested racedriver GRID and it looks very good, almost perfect but i noticed one glitch.
The shadow under the cars is composed of 2 parts : one part of the shadow is projected on the ground according to the position of the sun : this shadow is drawn well. But the 2nd part of the shadow, which is projected directly vertically on the ground, doesn't work.

At usual gaming angles it simply won't appear, but when the camera is at a high angle (viewing the car from above, like at the very beginning of the race and some replay shots), the shadow appears as a big square artifact on the ground.

It's the only glitch i've found with this game (demo) yet.

Unfortunately, i can't post screenshots or video :
i just had an issue with the screenshot key, it doesn't seem to work.
is the screenshot key still "print screen" or has it changed ? (the other shortcut keys were working but apparently not the screenshot key).

Also i didn't manage to make fraps override the driver to record a video. Apparently, some stuff has changed since 1.07, i'll need some detailled instruction to make fraps override the driver.
I'm playing in anaglyph, i'd like to record the video in anaglyph, but i'd also like to try some other settings to record the 2 full color images to make stereoscopic fraps-recordings. Just like the iZ3D jps screenshot feature but for video.
genetic
Cross Eyed!

Post by genetic »

great news! can't wait for the shutterglass addon
Neil

Post by Neil »

I know how to activate Quad Buffered emulation in the iZ3D driver, but how can I get my favorite OpenGL games to go into QB mode?

I'd really like to get Doom3 to work, for example. Any ideas?

I'm using an NVIDIA 8800GTS 512

Regards,
Neil
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

I can't get anything in OpenGL to work on my 8800GTS either.
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
wuhlei
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by wuhlei »

support for vr920 yet?
Albert Einstein
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

wuhlei wrote:support for vr920 yet?
VR920 and shutter-glasses would come at the same time, I assume, since they both use page-flipping.
warface
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by warface »

We are happy to hear all feedback from everyone. All feedback helps us make a better final release.

I will try and comment on the OpenGL topic the best I can, but I'm not very technical.

Quadbuffer stereo applications are somewhat far and few between. We cannot find a QuadBuffer mode for Quake4; however, I think Quake 3 has a QB mode. This would be something BlackQ would need to instruct on how to do this.

So....in conclusion, all OpenGL games will not currently work with the iZ3D Driver unless it is able to be put into QuadBuffer mode, which isn't available on all games.

We are working on an OpenGL supported list to show you what does, and what could potentially work, in the OpenGL mode of the iZ3D Driver.

Thanks again and we continue to appreciate your input.

Regards,

Warface
MrHugoHugo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MrHugoHugo »

Hi guys,

I must say that I am a bit surprised that nobody is talkging about it: iz3d driver has now (atleast for me) an activation/password protection.
Dont get me wrong I'd gladly pay for the driver like I said a thousand times allready but ... please ... where???

This activation screen now pops up when I am trying to start a game with both beta driver version, only the funny thing is, that only with the older beta version there is an actual button on this popup to activate the driver (not with the newer one ??). When I go there (somewhere on the iz3d homepage) I am supposed to enter my login and password. But there is no way to register, buy the driver ... ??? And on top of that this activation screen only shows when I am choosing a certain games profiles (almost as if its on a per game basis). If I try to start anygame with the global profile selected the driver only outputs to one of my screens (even though it does shift the perspective on pressing *). It worked allready in this setup though I dont think its me.

Am I the only one here? very weired!

Thanks Antony
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

for Quake III Arena: go to console and type r_stereo 1 or r stereo 1 - I'm not sure 100% - may be Dragon will help - but sorry we found one more small bug in OpenGL - correcting now

activation: activation center is done - will open next week. sorry we did not inform you about progress here

shutter glasses and chessboard support is partially ready - after final 1.08 release we'll concentrate on them to integrate them in

so, sorry again for OpenGL - we have some corporate pressure and need correct it finally for corporate apps.
chilledsanity
Cross Eyed!

Post by chilledsanity »

Wow I'll have to try this out. UT2004 loading and DX8 compatibility were my biggest issues with it previously. I'm still doing research on wrappers for DX 7 and older + OpenGL apps.
maart
One Eyed Hopeful

appplication LOCKED

Post by maart »

my iz3d driver asks for a registration code, in indual output mode. where can I get one
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi. maart!

Something wrong with defense we'll check it and correct it asap
Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

ok, i just tested racedriver GRID and it looks very good, almost perfect but i noticed one glitch.
The shadow under the cars is composed of 2 parts : one part of the shadow is projected on the ground according to the position of the sun : this shadow is drawn well. But the 2nd part of the shadow, which is projected directly vertically on the ground, doesn't work.
Hello BlackShark, I'm having issues with the dynamic shadows in GRID. See http://forum.iz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=295 for more detail.
Which graphic card are you using?
wuhlei
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by wuhlei »

BlackQ wrote:for Quake III Arena: go to console and type r_stereo 1 or r stereo 1 - I'm not sure 100% - may be Dragon will help - but sorry we found one more small bug in OpenGL - correcting now

activation: activation center is done - will open next week. sorry we did not inform you about progress here

shutter glasses and chessboard support is partially ready - after final 1.08 release we'll concentrate on them to integrate them in

so, sorry again for OpenGL - we have some corporate pressure and need correct it finally for corporate apps.
nice thank you for the reply I cant wait!
Albert Einstein
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
Ryan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ryan »

BlackQ wrote:shutter glasses and chessboard support is partially ready - after final 1.08 release we'll concentrate on them to integrate them in
I'm really looking forward to the checkerboard support! Thank you thank you thank you!
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

Nobsi wrote:
Hello BlackShark, I'm having issues with the dynamic shadows in GRID. See http://forum.iz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=295 for more detail.
Which graphic card are you using?
my graphics card is an nvidia 8800gtx, driver 169.21, winxp sp2.
i only tested the high quality graphics and everything was working well except the static shadow below the car which wasn't drawn at all... and the obvious framerate drop. I can't quantify the framerate drop, i'd like to take screenshots but neither the iz3d screenshot or fraps override seem to work, i don't understand why.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

PrintScreen has to work - we just move screenshots directories

FRAPS works well only in anaglyph mode - it can not record two streams

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”